Moderator:Naava

Nukalurk

Postby Nukalurk » 2005-09-11, 14:32

oozy wrote:Good idea, but I don't understand if poll is bind to the concrete forum and topic. It it is so, then I should create some topic and bind poll in more suitable forum.

oozy, try it here: http://home.unilang.org/main/forum/viewforum.php?f=1. :)

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2005-09-11, 15:40

Jonne wrote:
oozy wrote:
Alcadras wrote:missä sinä asut ?

Unfortunately I understand more, than I can write.
Mä on slovakialainen, mutta asun ja opiskellan Brnossa (Tsekki).

Formal: Minä olen slovakialainen, mutta asun ja opiskelen Brnossa (Tsekissä)
Informal: Mä oon slovakialaine(n), mut(ta) asun ja opiskelen Brnossa (Tsekis(sä) )

Welcome btw :-D

Muuten ollessani iso Suomen jääkiekkofani olen kuullut mm. Antero Mertarannan suusta 'Tsekeissa'. Että siis monikossa, onko tälle perusta? Ja eikö suomeksi ole mahdollista sanoa slovakki?

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2005-09-11, 15:43

can you please write also english :D

i want to understand and improve my finnish.
i read but understand nothing.
lack of vocabulary :?

oozy

Postby oozy » 2005-09-11, 15:47

Loiks wrote:
Jonne wrote:
oozy wrote:
Alcadras wrote:missä sinä asut ?

Unfortunately I understand more, than I can write.
Mä on slovakialainen, mutta asun ja opiskellan Brnossa (Tsekki).

Formal: Minä olen slovakialainen, mutta asun ja opiskelen Brnossa (Tsekissä)
Informal: Mä oon slovakialaine(n), mut(ta) asun ja opiskelen Brnossa (Tsekis(sä) )

Welcome btw :-D

Muuten ollessani iso Suomen jääkiekkofani olen kuullut mm. Antero Mertarannan suusta 'Tsekeissa'. Että siis monikossa, onko tälle perusta? Ja eikö suomeksi ole mahdollista sanoa slovakki?

Sorry, too advanced for me. Maybe you could write bilingual anywhere it is possible, please. In fact, bilingual posts are very interesting for me (I save them on my computer, for later study). It is the same like bilingual books. For example I like german<->czech fairy tale books with quite easy language and I can compare my understanding with correct translation.

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2005-09-11, 16:19

Sorry I forgot the English part!

I said: By the way as I am a big fan of Finnish ice hockey I have heard for example from the mouth of Antero Mertaranta (legendary reporter of Finnish tv) 'Tsekeissa'. So it's plural, is there an explanation for it? And can you say 'slovakki' in Finnish?

The words 'Tsekki' and 'Slovakia' are mainly used in connection with ice hockey, I guess it's the same vice versa :)

Liisi

Postby Liisi » 2005-09-11, 18:22

Anchjo wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one using this form! It is such a pity we don't have keys for š and ž on our keyboard.

Yes, and if not keys of their own, at least a combination of two keys. Whenever there's a Finnish word that has these letters, I switch to the Lithuanian keyboard set (?) I have installed in my computer. But I rarely touch the å key in my keyboard. (Indeed, only when I have to write the Russian letter x that shares this key ;)).

Loiks wrote:By the way as I am a big fan of Finnish ice hockey I have heard for example from the mouth of Antero Mertaranta (legendary reporter of Finnish tv) 'Tsekeissa'. So it's plural, is there an explanation for it? And can you say 'slovakki' in Finnish?

Tšekeissä maybe refers to Tšekkoslovakia? It sounds incorrect to me in the modern meaning "Czech republic". The name of the country in Finnish is Tšekki, not Tšekit. But, as you have noticed, natives don't always follow rules of their language :). Slovakki is correct Finnish, it's also the name of the language.
I appreciate corrections to my mistakes in any language.

Nukalurk

Postby Nukalurk » 2005-09-11, 18:25

Liisi wrote:I switch to the Lithuanian keyboard set (?) I have installed in my computer.

The correct name is "keyboard layout". :)

Liisi

Postby Liisi » 2005-09-11, 19:45

Amikeco wrote:
Liisi wrote:I switch to the Lithuanian keyboard set (?) I have installed in my computer.

The correct name is "keyboard layout". :)

Ah, ok, thanks :).
I appreciate corrections to my mistakes in any language.

Return to “Finnish (Suomi)”