Why are you interested in Portuguese?

Moderator: Luís

linguoboy

Re: Why are you interested in Portuguese?

Postby linguoboy » 2017-02-12, 15:14

To get back on topic: Because Brazilian men are hot as fuck.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-02-13, 1:15

Apart from the phrasebook I mentioned before, I don't really have any particular reason for being interested in Portuguese specifically. I'm interested in every language, so of course that includes Portuguese, too. :P

Antea

Postby Antea » 2017-02-13, 8:44

I'm interested in Portuguese mainly because Portugal it's one of my neighbouring countries, and I thought it would be useful if I could understand and speak their language.

And it's funny, but whenever I watch the Portuguese news, many times they include some news from Galicia as well (language it's a strong symbol of cultural identity).

Prowler

Postby Prowler » 2017-04-11, 9:49

Damn this thread is old. It was like my 4th post on this forum. I was only 22 years old at the time I made it. I've been here for nearly 4 years already?! Holy shit, can't time stop or slow down significantly?!

linguoboy wrote:To get back on topic: Because Brazilian men are hot as fuck.

I cannot speak about the men, but I've never understood the "Brazilian women are hot" thing. Most I've seen are pretty average and I imagine the ones I could find in Brazil are mostly average as well and that the hot/ugly people percentages are "the same" everywhere.

Antea wrote:I'm interested in Portuguese mainly because Portugal it's one of my neighbouring countries, and I thought it would be useful if I could understand and speak their language.

And it's funny, but whenever I watch the Portuguese news, many times they include some news from Galicia as well (language it's a strong symbol of cultural identity).

Really? From Galicia in specific? I don't watch TV nowadays, so all of my news come from the internet, but whenever I come across a news article about the country next door it's always related related to their elections, Catalonia, their PM or their royal family.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2017-04-11, 11:15

Prowler wrote:Really? From Galicia in specific? I don't watch TV nowadays, so all of my news come from the internet, but whenever I come across a news article about the country next door it's always related related to their elections, Catalonia, their PM or their royal family.

Maybe it was just a coincidence. I don't watch the Portuguese news everyday.

Prowler

Postby Prowler » 2017-04-11, 11:50

Antea wrote:
Prowler wrote:Really? From Galicia in specific? I don't watch TV nowadays, so all of my news come from the internet, but whenever I come across a news article about the country next door it's always related related to their elections, Catalonia, their PM or their royal family.

Maybe it was just a coincidence. I don't watch the Portuguese news everyday.

Well I was just curious. Whenever I think of Galicia I think of the Prestige oil ship accident. remember that one?

Antea

Postby Antea » 2017-04-11, 11:58

Prowler wrote:Well I was just curious. Whenever I think of Galicia I think of the Prestige oil ship accident. remember that one?

Yes, it was horrible. And the famous slogan connected to it: "Nunca mais".

Return to “Portuguese (Português)”