Croatian Help

tiwababe
Croatian Help

Postby tiwababe » 2010-01-26, 0:00

Does anyone know where I can find Croatian translations in audio form? I learn faster when I hear a word or phrase translated from english to croatian. My bf is croatian and I am trying to learn his language so I can go back to Europe with him and meet his family. Any help is much appreciated hvala!

ruusukaali

Re: Croatian Help

Postby ruusukaali » 2010-01-26, 1:39

http://www.byki.com/fls/free-croatian-s ... l=croatian

BYKI is a free program with vocabulary flash cards in English and whatever your target language is (in this case, Croatian), as well as audio of a native speaker reading out the word/phrase. The pay version lets you create your own flashcards. I use this program religiously.

Croatian is a stunningly beautiful language. I've watched some Croatian dubs of Disney movies on youtube and they're delicious.
:bounce:

tiwababe

Postby tiwababe » 2010-01-26, 15:36

Hahahaha Byki is how I've been learning the language, I've been very happy with it so far, and have learned all the lists that were free. I've been skeptical about buying the deluxe version of it. When you make your own lists how does that work? Is it really a good investment? Any information would be much appreciated thanks!

ruusukaali

Postby ruusukaali » 2010-01-26, 23:31

It's great, I totally recommend it! You pay by credit card and they instantly e-mail you a download link to the deluxe version. It comes in .rar format, so you'll need to unzip it. I suggest saving the .rar to a thumbdrive in case your computer gets fried in the future. I had to buy a second copy because of this.

Making the lists is very easy and self-explanatory. Press button that says "create new list," then you get to name the list and add flash cards to it with the English and Croatian translation, plus hints, etc. I have metric tons of self-created lists in my Byki, hahaha.

If you've already been studying with Byki and truly have learnt all the lists, I suggest you move onto Croatian movies (with English subtitles as your training wheels) and songs if what you're most interested in is Croatian audio. You should be able to download some off the internet, and Youtube also has Croatian Disney movies up as I said before (without subtitles, though). Your boyfriend also should be able to get some movies etc. for you. Kid's movies are probably your best bet at your current stage. Characters speak clearly and use simple language.

Edit: Oh btw, I saw your other thread. Aren't things like "how are you?" and "i'm sorry" included in your version of byki?
:bounce:

tiwababe

Postby tiwababe » 2010-01-27, 16:29

I've downloaded the deluxe version last night, so lets hope it helps. hahaha disney movies sounds like a great place to start thanks for the suggestion. i know how to say how are you like kako se/si but i want to say it like how are you doing? when someone feels sick wouldn't it be different? I am sorry wasn't on the lists that i've had, just dobro sam i'm doing fine. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (Bosanski/Hrvatski/Српски)”