is croatian hard for you?

Knabo
is croatian hard for you?

Postby Knabo » 2007-08-03, 16:43

I allways wondered: why and how do people learn Croatian. I've started learning some languages, and just now I see how hard it would be for someone to learn croatian. It's a bit stupid question, but I'm croatian and I would like to know.

Uvijek sam se pitao: zašto i kako ljudi uče hrvatski. Počeo sam učiti neke jezike i tek sada vidim kako teško mora biti nekome naučiti hrvatski. Pitanje je pomalo glupo, ali ja sam hrvat i volio bih znati.

olja

nije jako tezak

Postby olja » 2007-08-03, 20:27

Ja na primjer ucim hrvatski na sveucilistu (u Poljskoj), studiram filologiju (jezik i knjizevnost)Pocela sam jer sam jako voljela Hrvatsku i mislila da cu mozda raditi u turizmu Sada jako volim uciti hrvatski, ima neke probleme, posebno sa sintaksom, ali nije jako tezak jezik, mozda zato jer ipak ima neke slicnosti poljskom

SamoSamNina

Postby SamoSamNina » 2007-08-03, 21:46

Nije mi tesko da ucim hrvatski, ali mislim da je to mozda zbog razloga da sam malo ucila ruski kad sam bila mladja, ali mi se cini da nije tako tesko uciti ovaj jezik. Takodje, cini mi se da je vise u redu na hrvatskom jeziku sa obzirom na tome kako su gramaticke stvari bolje od engleske u nekoliko slucaja... ne znam, samo mi se cini da je hrvatski jezik malo laksi od engleskog, stvarno.

I odgovor na pitanje 'kako' ... takodje ucim ovaj jezik na univerzitetu, ali ovdje u SAD-u.

white-lilium

Postby white-lilium » 2007-08-04, 14:48

I've started learning Croatian about 1 years ago on my own. I have a Croatian boyfriend and he's the one who makes me listen for the first time some Croatian songs.
He speaks Italian every day and I want to learn Croatian so we can use both language to talk to each other.
I like how it sounds but I have some problems with cases and preposition.
During this summer holiday I'll go to Croatia so I hope to use what I've learnt.

Cujemo se

Chrystel

Postby Chrystel » 2007-08-20, 7:43

Well, I will try to answer, even if officially I am learning Bosnian and your question is about Crotian... you will agree it is almost the same language.

I have a bosnian friend who is leaving in my village. She opened me up to bosnian songs (especially Dino Merlin) and I really loved the sonority of this language. For me, it was between russian and italian, even if I don't speak those two languages.

She thought it would be easy to me to learn bosnian, as she found french really difficult to her. But when I asked her to explain me each time I didn't understand something in bosnian, she realized it wasn't as easy. For french people (and perhaps for english people too), I think the most difficult point is the declensions.

The first two months, it was really difficult to me to translate something, even a short text, because I didn't know about declensions and conjugations, so I could not find the words in a dictionnary. It was really getting on my nerves! My first dictionnary was also a serbian one, and as you know it, there is some differences in the way to write some words (the "ij" which is added sometimes).
Now, I learn it for about four months, and I am more comfortable with it. I can translate a text with a good dictionnary, even if it takes me a lot of time. To write in bosnian takes more time, and I make a lot of errors, that is why I answer you in english :wink: .

I found some basic ressources, generally in croatian, on several websites. I also exchange by mail with some bosnian people. And for the pronunciation, I will test it with my friend, when she will be back from her holidays in Bosnia.

Here is the way I learn Croatian/Bosnian.

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2007-10-11, 21:43

Učim srpski na četu sa Bolekom i jos jednim dobrim čovekom iz Srbije. Podigao sam ovaj topik iz suterena da im zahvalim. U takvom društvu uopšte nije teško da se uči.

Razlog mi je bio slučajan... jedna kiša. :-)

JanPeter

Postby JanPeter » 2007-12-07, 18:40

I got interested in Croatian because I am 25% croatian, my grandfather came to america from Dubrovnik around 1930 or something. He's still around and I wish to talk to him about Croatia in his native tongue someday! I have looked at some other dialects like Serbian or Bosnian and haven't had too much trouble in understanding.. But I am just slightly more interested in Hrvatski because it's a more interesting country to me.

davan839

Postby davan839 » 2007-12-14, 11:46

Rekao bih da nije mi u glavnom teško učiti hrvatski. Kao drugi slavenski jezici jako je logičan jezik s svojim padežima i konjugacima. Na primjer se dekliniraju pitanja i kao pridjevi. Moji/koji, Njega/Čega itd.

Šveđanin sam i meni je teško učiti riječi. Osobito glagoli. Kad čujem novu riječ nemam pojma što znači. I prefiksi glagola mi su teški.

evilbu

Postby evilbu » 2008-04-05, 20:08

I'm interested in Serbo-Croatian because I'm interested in the history of Yugoslavia. And also because it seems to be a handy bridge with the other slavic languages (the two alphabets...). Because in school, we don't get any introduction to slavic languages or the cyrillic writing system. People here are only acquainted with Germanic and Romance languages.

Return to “Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (Bosanski/Hrvatski/Српски)”