Do you know a good French course?

Moderator:JackFrost

Strigo
Do you know a good French course?

Postby Strigo » 2003-03-13, 23:12

:lol: Hello everybody!!

A friend is REALLY interested in learning French, so am I. Because my mo wants I learn this beautiful language. I read the French Lesson of the Virtual School of Languages, but I didn't understand.
I hope any of you might teach me french from the beginning, my friend will study in an Institute, so I'd like to "quench my thirst" of French.
I'd need a tutor, or I hope you know a really good french course, good in pronunciation and grammar (or just grammar)

Au-revoir!
Carlos 8)
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

Saaropean

Postby Saaropean » 2003-03-14, 10:26

First of all, let's see what UniLang has to offer. ;-)
We have a course of basic French (for beginners) that contains some minor errors. I know that because I'm writing a German course based in parts on this French course...
Then we have ressources. There is a basic word list, the sounds of the world project and several grammar cards (showing e.g. regular verb conjugations). Plus a grammar reference for 4 Romance languages at the same time; I don't know how accurate that is.
The French thread in our virtual language school is only suitable for advanced learners.

So let's search in the WWW. I'm sure there are dozens of courses...
I'm afraid I only found one French course written in Spanish:
http://www.aulafacil.net/CursoFrances/CursoFrances.htm

By the way: Do you know the International Phonetic Alphabet? It might help a lot to learn a language with such a different pronunciation.

Emandir

Postby Emandir » 2003-03-14, 21:11

Here is what I found (that's not much!)

The French Tutorial at FrenchClasses.com
http://www.helio.org/education/french/

BBC Languages
http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/languages/french/

I hope it will help...

En tant que Français, je peux bien sûr aider, n'hésitez donc pas à me contacter !
(As a French, I can of course help, so don't hesitate to contact me!)

Jean-Luc
Language is the best way men have found to misunderstand each other. Lycodoxos

@Emandir

E}{pugnator

Postby E}{pugnator » 2003-03-14, 21:28

What a great site you found, Saar!

That site has also Italian, German, English, Portuguese and Italian (maybe i've forgot one).
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.

Ozymandias

Postby Ozymandias » 2003-03-15, 2:37

It's not quite a tutorial, but it's very useful:

http://www.lamc.utexas.edu/tex/

Ozymandias

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2003-03-15, 11:05

Since we're talking about French: When I've finished school, I'd like to brush it up again. I had it 4 years in school and can thus still understand it at least a bit, but can't write it at all (I never could despite having good grades, everybody says that you don't learn anything if you have the teacher I had - it's true). So what's the best way to do so?

Bub

Learning French

Postby Bub » 2005-04-22, 6:05

Nihao! (sorry... hello)

I'm interested in starting learning French because it is a very beautiful langauge and I wouldn't mind visiting Paris or chatting to a few French people in French. I currently am learning Chinese but would like to try French.

If you have any links or ideas that may help me I'd love to hear them.

Xie Xie
(...thanks)

Return to “French (Français)”