Traduison?

Moderator:JackFrost

GLuca98
Traduison?

Postby GLuca98 » 2016-06-06, 16:13

In my textbook of French, I saw the following sentence. (Dans ma livre de français, je voyais cette phrase.)

"Si l’on croit les recherches psychanalytiques les plus approfondies, c’est l’émotion qui donne un sens aux évènements de notre vie."

How do you have to translate this (English or Dutch).
Comment dois-t-on traduiser cette phrase?

Kind regards.
Gian-Luca

ceid donn

Re: Traduison?

Postby ceid donn » 2016-06-06, 17:01

If one is to believe the most extensive psychoanalytical research, it is emotion that gives meaning to the events of our lives.

That's how I'd translate it into comfortable English. Hopefully a native speaker will come along and confirm or correct it.

GLuca98

Postby GLuca98 » 2016-06-06, 17:25

Thank you very much!!

I was trying to translate but I didn't find it in a proper way!

You helped me a lot!

Greets,
Gian-Luca

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2016-06-09, 11:17

Bonjour! I'll give it a try :D

"Si l’on croit les recherches psychanalytiques les plus approfondies, c’est l’émotion qui donne un sens aux évènements de notre vie."

"If we trust the most completed psychoanalytic researches, it's obvious that emotion is the one giving sense to our life's events"

But I'm not entirely satisfied by this :hmm: however, I think if you just need to catch the meaning and not write a thesis or poetry over the matter, it may be good :P

PS and it's either "Traduisons" (let's translate) or "Traduction" (translation) :D (for your thread title) :wink:
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

Return to “French (Français)”