Modern Israeli Hebrew Course

Rob P

Postby Rob P » 2005-01-16, 20:53

After some searching on the internet I've found what I was looking for :D

Kochav nolad is כוכב נולד
Shay Gabso is שי גבסו
yom ve'od yomayim is יום ועוד יומיים

The CD is Arim Roshee ארים ראשי and I've found it at http://www.israel-music.com for $19. I just ordered it and it should be here in about 2 weeks, I'm excited :D

רברט

Arjeh

more links

Postby Arjeh » 2005-01-17, 13:51

Shalom talmidiem

Still no hebrew keyboard ':oops:' and I'm sorry for my english, beside studying Hebrew and France languages this also needs some more attention.
':?' anyway; I like to share some more interesting links with you for studying hebrew,
':idea:'The first, and this is a really awesome link, is Foundation Stone:
http://foundationstone.com.au
A site with a lot of information and, this is fantastic, it offers a Free application:
Foundation-Stone is a FREE application and support materials designed to allow the most efficient learning of its Hebrew vocabulary.
It's a well developed good looking application who works even on windows and Macintosh computers. The only minor; there is no audio support in the word list's, still you will enjoy this application and it's excellent in use to check you knowledge of hebrew.
':idea:'The second link is:
http://dubenbooks.freeyellow.com/israel ... _audio.htm
I some how discovered this site 2 years ago, and I have downloaded the mp3 audio exercises, without having the book. If you have more sources for studying it can be additional very good to listen to this audio file's because it very clear spoken and if you play it again and again you will learn a good deal about speaking.
javascript:emoticon(':lol:')The third link is a actually a site for children to learn hebrew, but learning a new languages is sometimes like being a child again, so beside your toff job to make it your one, it's useful and a nice leisure to see this site;
http://www.bus.ualberta.ca/yreshef/quiz ... mc-n1.html
more like this: http://www.milon.co.il/

':!:' And to Rob: Tov!, ata kam ohev h Isrealhour , I'm going to check Arim Roshee... I'let you know.

Leitraot arjeh

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2005-01-17, 19:17

:shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can a clown like gabso become international!!!!! :'0{
don`t you have a better teast than 14 year old gulz over there??????? :0o
Gabso by the way didnt won ,he was 2 or 3 ,but little oriental gulz like hem :0{

NulNuk have good teast ,NulNuk would never listen to sutch thing!!!!!

you want reall musik in Hebrew :

"Ha Yeudim" ,"Shlomo Artzy" ,"Shalom Chanoch" ,"Kaveret" ,"Gidi Gov"
"Shotey ha nebua" ,"David Broza" ,"Yeudit Rabitz " ,"Ha Chaberiym shel Natasha"
"Ariel Zilver" ,"Dana Berger" ,"Si Eyman" ,"Estella Maris" (or just "Pablo Rosenberg" ),"Subliminal", "Ha Dag Nachash" ,"Izar Ashdot" ,"Rami Kleinstein" ,
"Achinoam Nini" ,"Gaya", "MIka Karni" ,"Arkadi Duchin" ,"Eud Banai","Meir Banai",
"Machina" ,"Corine Ellal" ,"Etti Ankri" ,"T-slam", "Arik Einstein ", "Monica Sex",
"Eifo hayeled" ,"Asaf Amdoursky" ,"Irmi Kaplan" ,"Rami Fortis" ,"Alon Olearchick"

well ,I think you have aough good musik over here :0}
Every thing I write, wrote, or will write, its in my own opinion, for I have no other.
Release me from the duty of being polite and remind you, "I made use of my own brain".

Rob P

Postby Rob P » 2005-01-17, 20:48

NulNuk wrote::shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can a clown like gabso become international!!!!! :'0{
don`t you have a better teast than 14 year old gulz over there??????? :0o
Gabso by the way didnt won ,he was 2 or 3 ,but little oriental gulz like hem :0{

NulNuk have good teast ,NulNuk would never listen to sutch thing!!!!!

you want reall musik in Hebrew :

"Ha Yeudim" ,"Shlomo Artzy" ,"Shalom Chanoch" ,"Kaveret" ,"Gidi Gov"
"Shotey ha nebua" ,"David Broza" ,"Yeudit Rabitz " ,"Ha Chaberiym shel Natasha"
"Ariel Zilver" ,"Dana Berger" ,"Si Eyman" ,"Estella Maris" (or just "Pablo Rosenberg" ),"Subliminal", "Ha Dag Nachash" ,"Izar Ashdot" ,"Rami Kleinstein" ,
"Achinoam Nini" ,"Gaya", "MIka Karni" ,"Arkadi Duchin" ,"Eud Banai","Meir Banai",
"Machina" ,"Corine Ellal" ,"Etti Ankri" ,"T-slam", "Arik Einstein ", "Monica Sex",
"Eifo hayeled" ,"Asaf Amdoursky" ,"Irmi Kaplan" ,"Rami Fortis" ,"Alon Olearchick"

well ,I think you have aough good musik over here :0}

You are entitled to your own opinion, as I am entitled to mine.

Robert

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2005-01-17, 21:25

nope ,you is entitled to NulNuk`s own opinion ,and so is NulNuk :0P
Every thing I write, wrote, or will write, its in my own opinion, for I have no other.
Release me from the duty of being polite and remind you, "I made use of my own brain".

JackFrost

Postby JackFrost » 2005-01-17, 22:23

Rob: Well...at least give her suggestions a try. :)

Monica Sex (it's a band's name, not a lady) rocks like hell! I can e-mail you some songs if you want! ;)

Nofel ve'Kam by Shabak Samech is pretty good too.

Ah hell, I can send you loads of Hebrew songs. :P
Neferuj paħujkij!

Rob P

Postby Rob P » 2005-01-18, 2:13

Rob: Well...at least give her suggestions a try.

Oh, yes definately! I am always open to suggestions :D

Robert

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2005-01-21, 14:33

her?her???her???????
is you wanna be seriusly hurted by Doggie ?????? ,how can you call NulNuk "her"????????
NulNuk is not gulz !!!!!!!! gulz is bad ,NulNuk is good ,be carefull not to make such
dangerous mistakes ,or NulNuk will have to send Doggie to teach you !!!! >:0{

JackFrost

Postby JackFrost » 2005-01-22, 0:08

I thought you're a girl. :oops:
Neferuj paħujkij!

StrawberryWine

Postby StrawberryWine » 2005-01-22, 19:18

NulNuk wrote:her?her???her???????
is you wanna be seriusly hurted by Doggie ?????? ,how can you call NulNuk "her"????????
NulNuk is not gulz !!!!!!!! gulz is bad ,NulNuk is good ,be carefull not to make such
dangerous mistakes ,or NulNuk will have to send Doggie to teach you !!!! >:0{

Gurlz is bad?? :shock: How dear you you little ish meshuga!!

I do agree with you, I don't like Gabso ether... Has robert Tried Roni - Superstar?? That's a funny song :lol:

Rob P

Postby Rob P » 2005-01-22, 21:49

StrawberryWine wrote:Has robert Tried Roni - Superstar?? That's a funny song :lol:

I've heard it on Israelhour a few times, though I don't really speak Hebrew so I'm not sure what she's saying lol. It sounds like it could be a funny song though :lol:

Robert

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2005-03-25, 10:11

Just to let you guys know (in case you haven't seen the Technical Discussion forum) that it's easier to display right-to-left script in the forums now, by using the following format:

Code: Select all

[rp]text here[/rp]

Displaying Hebrew (and Arabic) was always problematic for most people because of punctuation marks, and when words in Latin script were included, but now, all you have to do is insert your text between those two RP tags and, although the text will still align to the left, it'll be kept in the correct order. Just as an example, I'm quoting an old message by NulNuk:

Angry_NulNuk wrote:[rp]בתך שיש סיבה!
כי השם של השפה זה
[l]"Portugues"[/l]
ולא
[l]"Portugalo"[/l]
אז היגיון מכתיו שהתירגום זה "פורטוגזית"
ולא "פורטוגלית"
האקדמיה סתם מזיינת בשכל כמו תמיד
הם תמיד חייבים לשנות הכל ולהייות שונים מכולם![/rp]

Originally, the inverted commas would go funny, and the exclamation marks would go to the right, but now it must be just fine. :)

Please, check http://home.unilang.org/main/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97769#97769 for more details.
Last edited by Psi-Lord on 2005-05-17, 10:10, edited 2 times in total.
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

Tom

Postby Tom » 2005-03-30, 18:38

! שלום Shalom!
Ani meHolland, we ani ktsat-ktsat medabber Ivrit, aval ani rotseh lilmod Ivrit joter tov. zeh efshar lehishtatef?

Lehietraot !

:)

Hello

Postby Hello » 2005-04-03, 20:51

Shalom!
Matan, ejfo attah? Anachnoe tserichiem moreh! Jesh li
she'elah.

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2005-04-04, 15:55

ata yachol lyshol po ,any yenase la-anot (afilu she ata cotev lefi claley achtiv a holandiym :0P )

Stan

Postby Stan » 2005-04-15, 21:10

I don't speak Hebrew other than the word Shalom but I watched a very funny episode of the British show Coupling and these guys were in a bar and this one guy sees a beautiful woman and he goes over to meet her, but she can't understand him because she's Israeli and only speaks Hebrew. He talks to her and asks what is her name, he makes the gesture of pointing his finger to his chest to signify himself and says his name and then points to her chest expecting her name as an answer. The Israeli woman thinks he wants to know how to say breasts in Hebrew so she says "Shadaim" or something which means "breasts" and the next day he's calling her Shadaim all the time but he doesn't know what it really means he thinks it's her name. Well he wants to know what she's saying so he asks where her friend is. This Israeli woman has a friend who speaks both Hebrew and English. But the Israeli woman thinks he is trying to say that he likes her friend (he doesn't) so the next day he shows up at the bar again and the Israeli's friend is there thinking she's going to be on a date with this guy. And the guy says "Sorry, I was expecting Shadaim" and the woman slaps him immediately. What he didn't know was that it actually meant "Sorry, I was expecting breasts", which the woman took to be an insult that she was small-chested.

:lol:

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2005-04-15, 22:05

yes I sow it ,it was great ,and really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(though becouse I know both Hebrew and English ,the second part was
not needed for me ,I wonder though what language was he talking ,it was
a mix between Italian and something else ,but I don`t know what).
by the way ,here they don`t show coupeling any more :'0{
now they show the US version ,wich is good ,but just cant be compared with
the original UK version :0{
I really really liked coupeling!!!!!

Stan

Postby Stan » 2005-04-21, 22:23

yeah it was a really funny episode. And I think the part where the guy was speaking I think it was just gibberish, but it sounded very Germanic to me and it did have a bit of an Italian sound to it also. But I like Hebrew, and I think I might learn it, if it's not too difficult! :wink:

and does "shadaim" really mean "breasts"?

utopia

Postby utopia » 2005-04-22, 4:31

YES. Shadaim is a dual form of shad which means a boob, and there are a few more words with the same meaning.

Arjeh

native Hebrew speaking teacher in Holland

Postby Arjeh » 2005-05-03, 18:14

שלום טום
אתה מחפש מורה שלומד עברימ?
אני 'ודע שלושה מורים בהולנת,
ביוצרות, בזיסת ובאגמממוק.
הן מישראל
אם יש לי מעניין?
קשר לי!
Are you looking for a native Hebrew speaking teacher in Holland?
I know 3 teachers (very nice and kind ladies); Utrecht, Zeist en Zoetermeer.
Are you interested in following Hebrew lessons, please let me know!
greetings
Arjeh

:)[/quote]
Tom wrote:! שלום Shalom!
Ani meHolland, we ani ktsat-ktsat medabber Ivrit, aval ani rotseh lilmod Ivrit joter tov. zeh efshar lehishtatef?

Lehietraot !

:)

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”