Pokemon game in Icelandic!

juicypuffin
Pokemon game in Icelandic!

Postby juicypuffin » 2011-06-24, 18:29

Hey, a friend of mine has begun translating the Pokémon "Fire Red" game, for the gameboy advance, into Icelandic. After the translation is done I'll insert it all into the game and post some screenshots for you to see. If you happen to own a ROM file of Pokémon Fire Red, there will be a "patch" that you can apply to the ROM file, and these language changes will appear afterwards. (Just a note - telling people where to get ROMs is illegal, but making/downloading/using patches isn't illegal).

Here you can see the first translated part, and if you bookmark the tumblr I'll update whenever new translations come up. If you want to help translate, or want to translate it into a different language, just let me know!

http://mynameisoak.tumblr.com/post/6763 ... oaks-intro
If you have any learning resources for the following languages, please tell me:
[flag]kl[/flag] [flag]is[/flag] [flag]fo[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]no[/flag] [flag]dk[/flag] And any Saami languages: [flag]smi[/flag]
http://learn-nordic.livejournal.com/

VacalleroRealV

Re: Pokemon game in Icelandic!

Postby VacalleroRealV » 2012-03-27, 0:17

Very cool, need more modern stuff in smaller languages :)!
ᖽᔦᐡᖹᒉᔪ, ᖱᑊᖿᖾᒳᖷ᙮
That's it, the end.
Eso es todo, fin.
Tio estas tio, jen fino.

juicypuffin

Postby juicypuffin » 2012-03-27, 1:42

The Icelandic translator actually quit, so... if anyone else wants to take it up, be my guest. I've been doing my best to gather the terms they actually translated attacks and stuff to in Icelandic in the dubbed movies, but I don't own any of the episodes so I don't have as much as I could have.
[flag]kl[/flag] [flag]is[/flag] [flag]fo[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]no[/flag] [flag]dk[/flag] And any Saami languages: [flag]smi[/flag]

thosewords

Postby thosewords » 2012-04-02, 21:42

Shame the person quit, because it was really neat. I am learning three of those languages so they were all nice to see. And I kind of like Pokemon as well. :D
Image (Native)ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Daionii

Postby Daionii » 2012-08-27, 7:02

What a shame! This looked so cool.

johnklepac

Postby johnklepac » 2012-12-06, 23:27

I would like to see Pokemon names translated into Icelandic as well.

juicypuffin

Postby juicypuffin » 2012-12-07, 12:58

Yes, no one new has offered to help translate. Personally I would like to see any game in Icelandic, we could do a shorter one or one that is easier to edit, but no one I can find is interested in helping because "Icelanders can just play the game in English"...

johnklepac

Postby johnklepac » 2012-12-08, 0:36

If I knew any Icelandic, I'd help. Why doesn't anyone want to? The language used in the game isn't that difficult overall; it needn't be any more than a fun exercise for anyone with the capability to help.

juicypuffin

Postby juicypuffin » 2012-12-08, 14:24

I am not so sure pokemon was ever really so big in Iceland, it seems to have come there late in the beginning since I think gameboys came late, they never released the dubbed episodes for buying (only the movies) from what I heard, and of course videogames are really expensive there... stuff like that probably helps why, maybe they don't have the same nostalgia-interest as us hahah. And it's sad to say but personally I have never actually managed to find any Icelanders willing to work with any sort of Icelandic-related project for long, they just don't seem to think it is as necessary to make more things be in Icelandic as I as a learner do so they get bored fast. I keep getting people who have a kind of fleeting "sure I'll help" and then give up within a week or they don't want to from the beginning because they don't think anyone would even do anything with the end result.

Sometimes it's really difficult to get people to do things since they themselves only ex. go online and do stuff in English, and they don't think about learners and instead only think about the other native speakers who would also just go online and use English. I have seen a lot of "make comics in Icelandic? why would I do that, no one would read them, they need to be in English instead" sorts of things for example, even though they could just do two versions, one in Icelandic and one in English.

I had hoped if I posted here (and in other places) that someone would quickly come along and say they or their friend could help, but I guess not. Especially since in the end, it got entirely translated to Finnish through my initial advertising and now all it needs is the text to be put into the game for there to be a Finnish version. If anyone sees this in the future, there are plenty of other games that could be translated too, such as Chrono Trigger which I am right now trying to get translated to Swedish. Or if you are good at putting text into games, you could work on that side of it and help us a lot.

tanjajons

Postby tanjajons » 2014-06-07, 21:30

Uuuumm.... I just saw this post so I made a user to answer...a little late.... I don't know how to put the language in the game.... But I can translate it :D

juicypuffin

Postby juicypuffin » 2014-06-07, 21:51

Hej du! Tyvärr har jag inte tid att jobba med spelet nu, men det finns säkert människor (typ på romhacking.net) som kunde lägga in texten om översättningen vore färdig ; D

Return to “Icelandic (Íslenska)”