Deutsch-Übungen (German Exercises)

Moderator:kevin

kevin
Language Forum Moderator
Re: Deutsch-Übungen (German Exercises)

Postby kevin » 2012-05-23, 20:23

azhong wrote:1E) Where there is a window, there is a door.
1G) Wo es ein Fenster gibt, da gibt es auch eine Tür.

Stimmt.

2G) "Ich sah ein Gespenst, das mit zwei Jagdhunden und drei Katzen
am Hof vorbeiging." Das Bübchen sagte weiter (oder: Der kleine Junge fuhr fort), " ich meinte (dachte), dass sie sechs hungrig gewesen sein sollten, sehr sehr hungrig; sie bissen (alles), was sie bekommen konnten, und, ob wenn sie konnten, es frassen fraßen sie es. Und weißen wisst ihr was? Allem Weg Die ganze Zeit sang das Gespenst. Möchtet ihr seinem Lied zuhören? Ich mich erinnere mich noch an etwas manches." Dann fängt fing das Bübchen an, mit einer sehr entsetzlichen Stimme zu singen:

azhong

Postby azhong » 2012-05-27, 2:47

Hallo kevin, ich komme nur dir meinen Dank zu sahen.
Actually habe ich wieder manche Fragen von deiner Hilfe.
Und ürspringlich vorhabe ich, ich frage werde, after ich bekomme die Antworten für meiner Fragen von Hänsel Und Gretel.

Any way, thank zou for zour help, kevin. And if there is anything I can do for you, just let me know anytime. My thanks again, and looking forward to learning German again from you ,kevin.

(No need to correct my this response.)

azhong

Postby azhong » 2012-08-27, 8:30

Anyone help correct my these four sentences please? Thanks for your help.

1. Ya, ich bin vielleicht vergeßlich. Gestern am früh Morgen gingen mein Frau und ich mit zwei Kinder nach den Walde hinaus. Aber später am Abend auf unsrem Heimweg brachten wirihnen nicht mit.

2. Die Person nach mir korrigierst mein Deutsch bitte, und danke für deine Hilfe.

3. Sie antwortete nicht. Daran sprang plötzlich ein Gespenst mit einem Eichhörnchen vom Fenster nach das Zimmer herab.
(She did not answer. There all of a sudden a goast with a squirrel jumped into the room from the window.)

4. "Mein liebe Mädchen," sprach die Person nach sein Gelächter, "bleibst du immer fromm und gut, so wird der liebe Gott dich beistehen?"
("My dear maid," said the person after his laughter, "do you stay always pious and good, so that the lovely God will stand with you?")

Saaropean

Postby Saaropean » 2012-08-27, 19:21

azhong wrote:1. Ja, ich bin vielleicht vergeßlich. Gestern am frühen Morgen gingen meine Frau und ich mit zwei Kindern in den Walde hinaus. Aber später am Abend auf unsrem Heimweg brachten wir sie nicht mit.

2. Bitte korrigiere mein Deutsch und danke für deine Hilfe.

3. Sie antwortete nicht. Daran sprang plötzlich ein Gespenst mit einem Eichhörnchen vom Fenster in das Zimmer herab.
(She did not answer. There all of a sudden a goast with a squirrel jumped into the room from the window.)

4. "Mein liebes Mädchen", sprach die Person nach seinem Gelächter, "bleibst du immer fromm und gut, so wird der liebe Gott dir beistehen!"
("My dear maid," said the person after his laughter, "do you stay always pious and good, so that the lovely God will stand with you?")

azhong

Postby azhong » 2012-10-21, 7:16

Können Sie meinen drei Sätze korrigieren? Danke im voraus.

1) Dieser ist ein Esel. Er hat keinen Name. Oder vieleicht hatte er einmal ein, welchen ihn sein Herr gab, als der Esel jung war. Aber das wissen wir nicht.
(This is a donkey. He has no name. Or perhaps he once had a name, which was given by his master when the donkey was young. But we don't know that.)

2) Wir nur wissen zur Zeit, daß der Esel schon alt wird, und daß sein Herr vohabt, ihn wegzugeben.
(We only know at the moment that the donkey already gets old, and that his master is planning to send him away.)

3) Was wir gewußt zur Zeit haben, ist, daß der Esel schon alt wird, und daß sein Herr vohabt, ihn wegzugeben.
(What we have known at the moment is that the donkey already gets old, and that his master is planning to send him away.)

Satz {m}; Sätze
 Name {m}; -n: name

Kuba

Postby Kuba » 2012-11-10, 11:12

azhong wrote:Können Sie meinen1 drei Sätze korrigieren? Danke im Voraus2.

1) Dieser Das3 ist ein Esel. Er hat keinen Namen4. Oder vielleicht hatte er einmal einen5, welchen ihnm6 sein Herr gab, als der Esel jung war. Aber das wissen wir nicht.
(This is a donkey. He has no name. Or perhaps he once had a name, which was given by his master when the donkey was young. But we don't know that.)

1meine drei Sätze: In the nominative and accusative Plural the Suffix for possessive articles is "-e".
2In new orthography, the "voraus" in the phrase "im Voraus" is treated as nominalized, because it behaves like a noun in taking an article "in dem Voraus".
3In introductions you usually use the phrase "Das ist XY", even with persons.
4Name is a weak noun. Weak nouns are e.g. masculine nouns ending in "-e", like "der Kunde". These nouns take an "-n" in all forms except nominative singular: der Kunde, des Kunden, dem Kunden, den Kunden; die Kunden, der Kunden, den Kunden, die Kunden.
5When an article stands for a whole noun phrase, it has to bear the case marking of the noun phrase it stands for - and here we would have "er hatte einmal einen [Namen]", accusative singular.
6"[...], welchen [direct object = accusative] ihm [indirect object = dative!] sein Herr [subjetct = nominative] gab, [...]" Yet a little better: "[...] welchen ihm sein Herr gegeben hatte," i.e. with Plusquamperfekt.

azhong wrote:2) Wir nur7 wissen zur Zeit nur, daßss8 der Esel schon alt wird, und dass sein Herr vorhabt9, ihn wegzugeben.
(We only know at the moment that the donkey already gets old, and that his master is planning to send him away.)

7"nur" is an adverb, so a kind of phrase in its own right. In putting it between the subject and the verb, you rendered the whole sentence ungrammatical, because now the verb doesn't occupy the 2nd position in the sentence, but the 3rd.
8In reformed orthography, "ß" can come only after long vowels; after short vowels, you have to write "ss".
9"vorhaben" is a verb, which (quite obviously) derives from "haben", so it inherits all irregularities of the latter: "er hat" > "er hat vor"/"(weil) er vorhat".

azhong wrote:3) Was wir gewußt zur Zeit gewusst10 haben, ist, dass der Esel schon alt wird, und dass sein Herr vorhabt, ihn wegzugeben.
(What we have known at the moment is that the donkey already gets old, and that his master is planning to send him away.)

10"Wir haben gewusst." > question: "Was haben wir gewusst?" > indirect question / subclause: "Was wir gewusst haben". In the last case the past participle and the auxiliary verb cannot be seperated.

One general remark: if you wanted to do some consecutio-temporum-like exercises, I have no idea what you wanted to do. German, especially spoken German, has a tense system which is quite unrelated to the French or English one and rather reminds me of the Japanese one anyway. So what was the point of the two last sentences?

azhong

Postby azhong » 2012-11-13, 12:26

Hi Kuba, hello:

First of all, long time no meet here; how are you?

One general remark: if you wanted to do some consecutio-temporum-like exercises, I have no idea what you wanted to do. German, especially spoken German, has a tense system which is quite unrelated to the French or English one and rather reminds me of the Japanese one anyway. So what was the point of the two last sentences?

I am not very sure what you are trying to telling me. ("Consecutio-temporum-like", what does thos term mean?). Basically, I am just trying to practice by making sentences, as before.
If you are asking why I make the last two sentences which seem to be with the same meaning, that's because I am practicing different expressions to getting familiar with German syntaxes. I suppose either sentences 2 or sentence 3 can be linked with sentence 1 to become a beginning of an article, (which was planned just another narration of The Bremer Musicians.)

It seems that you'd want to tell me some differences in the German tense comparing to that in English? Should I perhaps change tenses of several verbs to make the sentences not only grammatically correct but also natural? (One of my Japanese friend once told me that in Japanese, unlike in English, it's no need to have all verbs unified in the past tense even though it is indeed an event occured before. But I am just a Japanese beginner; I am still trying to understand her words case by case. Are you telling something similar?)

I'd definitely like to learn everything you'd like to tell me, and my thanks in advance.But I am just afraid that, considering my poor German level for now, I might forget your words soon if they are too advanced to have my chances to practice. And I worry this might irritate you later. Thus you can also keep it as a secret and tell me later when you find my German level fits.

From your response, I knew for the first time "week nouns" and the orthographical rule for "ss" and "ß". Thanks. To make sure, a question please: are long vowels in German always contructed by two, or more than two, vowel letters, and can be judged easily just from its spelling?

Kuba

Postby Kuba » 2013-01-11, 7:21

azhong wrote:I am not very sure what you are trying to telling me. ("Consecutio-temporum-like", what does thos term mean?). Basically, I am just trying to practice by making sentences, as before.

The Consecutio Temporum is a bundle of rules about the tenses and forms of verbs in subordinate and main clauses in Latin, but there are similar rules in other languages too. I just wanted to say that there is nothing like this in German because it seemed to me that you tried to to something similar in the sentences you had two times.

azhong wrote:It seems that you'd want to tell me some differences in the German tense comparing to that in English? Should I perhaps change tenses of several verbs to make the sentences not only grammatically correct but also natural? (One of my Japanese friend once told me that in Japanese, unlike in English, it's no need to have all verbs unified in the past tense even though it is indeed an event occured before. But I am just a Japanese beginner; I am still trying to understand her words case by case. Are you telling something similar?)

Yes and no. Similar to Japanese means that in spoken German you use rather only two tenses (the present and the perfect) while indicating finer points like aspect/duration/continuation by particles and the like...

azhong wrote:I'd definitely like to learn everything you'd like to tell me, and my thanks in advance.But I am just afraid that, considering my poor German level for now, I might forget your words soon if they are too advanced to have my chances to practice. And I worry this might irritate you later. Thus you can also keep it as a secret and tell me later when you find my German level fits.

Don't worry about some irritated guy on the internet ;). Anyway I think I'm quite patient. Please be patient with me if I'm not...

azhong wrote:From your response, I knew for the first time "week nouns" and the orthographical rule for "ss" and "ß". Thanks. To make sure, a question please: are long vowels in German always contructed by two, or more than two, vowel letters, and can be judged easily just from its spelling?

Unfortunately, no. Unlike Finnish or Dutch, which use double vowels to mark length, or Irish and Hungarian, who use an accent to do the same, Germans rules to write long vowels are a bit more complicated. But there are some rules of thumb:
Diphthongs (ei, eu, au, äu) are always long.
Double vowels (See, Saal) are always long.
The digraphs ie, ah, eh, ih, oh, uh, öh, üh, äh and the trigraph ieh are always long.
Most accented vowels in open syllables (where only one or no consonants are following the vowel) are long.
Most accented vowels in closed syllables (where more then one consonant follows the vowel) are short.
Unaccented syllables are always short.

Hope this can help you.

language learner

Postby language learner » 2013-01-29, 20:39

Es ist wirklich an der Zeit für mich auf Deutsch zu schreiben. Ich brauche eine besser Deutschschreiben- und Sprechenfähigkeit. Nur hoffe ich dass mein Deutsch nicht zu ungrammatisch ist.
Warum haben wir übrigens keinen allgemeine Deutschdiskussionthread wie in andere Forume?

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2013-01-29, 20:53

имен wrote:Warum haben wir übrigens keinen allgemeinen Deutschdiskussionsthread wie in anderen Forumen?

Na, es gibt doch den Zufalls-Thread.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Grytolle

Postby Grytolle » 2013-02-14, 13:10

Perhaps this can be useful for someone who is trying to learn gender and pronouns:

For example you could try to fill in the blanks on your own and then listen to the song to figure out the ones you didn't know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ikZwbQuQE

[1.Strophe]
Wie ... Tennisball, ... es hasst, wenn man ... schlägt,
wie ... Rettungsboot, ... schweren Seegang nicht verträgt,
wie ... Ventilator, ... träumt, dass irgendjemand ... kühlt,
wie ... Steuerrecht, ... sich unverstandenfühlt,
wie ... Kunde, ... gerne einmal König wär,
wie ... Goethetext, ... wünscht, ... wäre weniger schwer,
wie ... Pfosten, ... träumt, ... ginge auch mal ins Tor,
genauso kommst auch du mir manchmal vor!

[Refrain]
Doch du kannst nicht alles haben!
Manches kann dir dies... Leben
eben einfach nicht geben.
Du kannst nicht alles haben,
aber ganz gelegentlich
scheint ... Sonne auch für dich!

[2.Strophe]
Wie ... Pauke, ... wünscht, ... wäre weniger laut,
wie ... Trabbi, ... träumt, ... irgendjemand ihn klaut,
wie ... Schaufenster, ... es nicht mag, wenn man´s begafft,
wie ... Reform, ... hofft, ... trete irgendwann mal in Kraft,
wie ... Würstchen auf dem Grill, ... es hasst, wenn man ... wendet,
wie ... Warteschleife, ... hofft, dass ... bald endet,
wie ... 5-Cent-Stück, ... träumt, irgendjemand hebt ... auf,
genauso bist auch du sehr häufig drauf!

[Refrain]

[Bridge]
Wie ... Joker, ... sich wünschten, ... wären ganz normale Karten,
wie Godot, der hofft, dass ... Kumpels nicht mehr auf ... warten,
wie ... Eisbär, ... auf sein... Scholle sitzt und gerne einmal wissen würde, wie das ist, wenn man schwitzt!

[End-Part]
Du kannst nicht alles haben...
... es gibt einfach ein paar Sachen, da kannst du nur drüber lachen, und ... Beste draus machen!

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-02-17, 19:26

Ich habe ein paar Sätze in dem Übersetzungenthread auch auf Deutsch geschrieben
aber kein Muttersprachler hat sie korrigiert. :(

Könntet ihr bitte mir erkären was mit ihnen falsch ist.

1. Ein Gähnen ist ein stiller Schrei nach Kaffee.
(A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.)

2. Wenn du nichts Nettes sagen kannst, sag es auf Französisch.
(If you can't say anything nice, say it in French.)

3. Deine Mutter ist so fett als sie vor dem Fernseher geht verpasste ich drei Folgen.
(Yo' mama is so fat when she walked by the Tv I missed three episodes.)

kevin
Language Forum Moderator

Postby kevin » 2014-02-17, 20:53

1. und 2. sehen richtig aus.

Levente wrote:3. Deine Mutter ist so fett: als sie vor dem am Fernseher geht vorbeiging, verpasste ich drei Folgen.
(Yo' mama is so fat when she walked by the Tv I missed three episodes.)

Das war die minimalinvasive Korrektur. ;)

Natürlicher klingt es für mich so: Deine Muter ist so fett, dass ich drei Folgen verpasst habe als sie am Fernseher vorbeigelaufen ist.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-02-17, 21:23

Aber "am Fernseher" bedeutet nicht "on Tv"?

Und ich wollte "in front of the Tv" sagen.

Oder dann wie muss man diese zwei sagen: on Tv, in front of the Tv

kevin
Language Forum Moderator

Postby kevin » 2014-02-17, 21:40

"on TV": im Fernsehen
"in front of the TV": vor dem Fernseher

Aber in deinem Satz heißt es ja "(walk) by the TV", also nicht die Beschreibung eines Orts, sondern einer Bewegung. Ich würde das mit "am Fernseher vorbei" übersetzen.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-02-17, 21:56

Ok, danke.

k1234567890y

Postby k1234567890y » 2014-09-19, 2:25

Viele Dinge sind nicht gleich wie, was man denkt.
True devils can truly hate devils, hating evilness is not the same to not being evil.

k1234567890y

Postby k1234567890y » 2014-09-20, 0:31

Die Macht von der Göttin, lass mich dir zeigen.
True devils can truly hate devils, hating evilness is not the same to not being evil.

Swienegel

Postby Swienegel » 2014-12-17, 1:32

Hallo!

Ich habe vor ein paar Wochen für meinen lettischen Tandempartner ein Transkript von einer Folge der klassichen deutschen Kinderserie "Käpt'n Blaubär" geschrieben.

Ich finde, Popkultur aus verschiedenen Ländern ist so ein großes Thema. Auch wenn man oft denkt, dass die westlichen Kulturen garnicht so unterschiedlich sind - oft merkt man erst, dass man wirklich in derselben Kultur großgeworden ist, wenn man mit jemandem über alte Fernsehserien reden kann ;) Findet ihr nicht?

Deswegen zeige ich meinem Tandempartner immer deutsche Sendungen etc., die ich früher gesehen habe, und er muss mir dann zum Beispiel nacherzählen, was darin passiert.

Und weil ich mir mit diesem Transkript recht viel Mühe gegeben habe, dachte ich, es wäre schade, es nicht zu teilen! Ich hoffe, es klappt, das hier an den Post anzuhängen, damit man es runterladen kann. Auf der letzten Seite ist eine Vokabelliste, und die Vokabeln sind ins Lettische übersetzt ;) Also wenn ihr ein Wort davon nicht kennt, müsst ihr es nachschlagen.

Hier ist der Link zum Youtube-Video, das zu dem Transkript gehört: Käpt'n Blaubär - Wie das Meer versalzen wurde

Sagt gerne eure Meinung dazu. Haltet ihr das für eine gute Idee? Was sagt ihr zu Käpt'n Blaubär? ;)

Igelchen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k1234567890y

Postby k1234567890y » 2015-04-12, 17:09

Neptune Purple Heart(Neptun Violettes Herz "Nep-nep") spielte Klavier.

Noire Black Heart(Noire Schwarzes Herz) spielte auch Klavier.

Return to “German (Deutsch)”