How to translate "Patient Journey"

Moderator:kevin

korn
How to translate "Patient Journey"

Postby korn » 2017-05-23, 11:50

Hi there,

How do you translate "Patient Journey"? Here is the context:

Hand in hand, patients and clinicians revolutionize existing workflows throughout the overall patient journey.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Please correct all my mistakes, no matter how trivial they may seem to you, also, please help me to improve my phrases. Thank you in advance!
---
S'il vous plaît, corrigez toutes mes fautes, même si elles vous paraissent insignifiantes. Et aidez-moi, s'il vous plaît, à améliorer ma façon de m'exprimer. Merci d'avance!
---
Nếu tôi viết chỗ nào chưa đúng, dù là lỗi nhỏ hay nghiêm trọng, thì các bạn hãy sửa lại giúp tôi hoặc góp ý để tôi có thể học hỏi và rút kinh nghiệm. Cám ơn các bạn nhé!

caleteu

Re: How to translate "Patient Journey"

Postby caleteu » 2017-07-05, 18:19

I haven't ever heard the expression, but I would suggest "Patientenreise"

h34

Postby h34 » 2017-07-05, 19:35

I think Patientenreise makes sense. Here it is used in the English sense of the word, although in quotation marks:
https://www.dzw.de/gesundheitsbranche-radikaler-wandel-durch-digitalisierung

In some contexts it can be translated as Patientenversorgung (which simply means 'patient care'). Some examples:
http://context.reverso.net/translation/english-german/patient+journey

Babbsagg

Postby Babbsagg » 2017-08-13, 2:20

That's a tough one... I've never heard "Patientenreise". To encompass the entire treatment, you'd usually just say "the treatment"... "die Behandlung". Or "die Genesung" ("recovery") (which kinda implies successful treatment).

"Gemeinsam revolutionieren Patient und Arzt gängige Praktiken im Verlauf der Behandlung" would be my best bet, although I'm not sure that's 100% true to the original sentence.
Thank you for correcting mistakes!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-09-17, 7:34

Honestly, I don't think I've ever even seen this expression in English.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2017-09-17, 20:33

It's medical-PR speak, so it's not something you're going to come across in everyday conversation. The diction in the example sentence makes that clear. I mean, "revolutionize existing workflows"? Give me a break. :ohwell:

BTW, hello German forum. :)
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-09-18, 2:58

Hallo! :)
Dormouse559 wrote:It's medical-PR speak, so it's not something you're going to come across in everyday conversation. The diction in the example sentence makes that clear. I mean, "revolutionize existing workflows"? Give me a break. :ohwell:

I get that, but I haven't even seen it in a medical context or anything (whereas I'm pretty sure I've seen "revolutionize existing workflows," even though I can't recall a specific context off the top of my head now), so I'm kind of amazed that anyone can make sense of it (let alone translate it) unless maybe they or someone they've observed closely had some kind of medical training I'm not aware of. Maybe it's because I don't watch TV shows set in hospitals. :P

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2017-09-18, 4:01

I don't know. I can't recall ever seeing "patient journey" before this thread, but it seems pretty transparent to me. There may be some nuances I'm missing, but it sounds like a goal-oriented way of saying "patient experience".
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-09-18, 21:12

Oh OK, so basically what I was thinking. :D

korn

Postby korn » 2017-10-05, 17:24

Dormouse559 wrote:It's medical-PR speak, so it's not something you're going to come across in everyday conversation. The diction in the example sentence makes that clear. I mean, "revolutionize existing workflows"? Give me a break. :ohwell:

Haha....I agree.
Please correct all my mistakes, no matter how trivial they may seem to you, also, please help me to improve my phrases. Thank you in advance!
---
S'il vous plaît, corrigez toutes mes fautes, même si elles vous paraissent insignifiantes. Et aidez-moi, s'il vous plaît, à améliorer ma façon de m'exprimer. Merci d'avance!
---
Nếu tôi viết chỗ nào chưa đúng, dù là lỗi nhỏ hay nghiêm trọng, thì các bạn hãy sửa lại giúp tôi hoặc góp ý để tôi có thể học hỏi và rút kinh nghiệm. Cám ơn các bạn nhé!

Return to “German (Deutsch)”