Good resources for teaching yourself Danish?

Moderator:Mulder-21

kulele
Good resources for teaching yourself Danish?

Postby kulele » 2012-11-02, 23:40

Hi, I'm interested in learning Danish. Can anyone recommend some (not too expensive - £60 or less) resources to teach myself? Thanks! :)

księżycowy

Re: Good resources for teaching yourself Danish?

Postby księżycowy » 2012-11-03, 18:52

I have Teach Yourself Danish and Danish: An Elementary Grammar and Reader and I like both. And if you'd want more grammar there are two grammars by Routledge.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know of any good dictionaries for Danish?
Preferably Danish -> English and/or English -> Danish that shows the pronunciation. I have a copy of the Langenscheidt Universal Danish Dictionary, which is a great little dictionary, but that's the issue. It's small.

kulele

Postby kulele » 2012-11-06, 5:37

księżycowy wrote:I have Teach Yourself Danish and Danish: An Elementary Grammar and Reader and I like both. And if you'd want more grammar there are two grammars by Routledge.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know of any good dictionaries for Danish?
Preferably Danish -> English and/or English -> Danish that shows the pronunciation. I have a copy of the Langenscheidt Universal Danish Dictionary, which is a great little dictionary, but that's the issue. It's small.

Think I'll go with Teach Yourself then, cheers! :D

Halfdan

Postby Halfdan » 2013-03-16, 9:21

księżycowy wrote:While we're on the subject, does anyone know of any good dictionaries for Danish?

Den Danske Ordbog is fantastic. I realise it's not what you're looking for, as it's only in Danish, but it's a good reference (once you can read Danish) as it includes etymology, pronunciation, meaning, and usage.

Return to “Danish (Dansk)”