Help needed with Danish audio

Moderator:Mulder-21

Gary
Help needed with Danish audio

Postby Gary » 2017-06-06, 16:26

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm actually a translator from Swedish, Danish and Norwegian.

Although I started with Danish and can read and translate Danish fluently, I ended up living in Sweden at times, being married to a Swede and basically becoming very fluent in Swedish speech at the expense of Danish.

It has always frustrated me having to ask Danes to repeat themselves or put up with my poor attempts at Danish spoken with Swedish pronunciation so I would now like to get used to Danish pronunciation again.

I've looked online for Danish audio with accompanying Danish text, but I can't find many examples of it. I wonder if anyone knows of any links. It could be also nice if a native Dane or Danes could take the time to record them reading a text for me so I can tune my ear to Danish.

Of course, I would also be willing to reciprocate. Although my Scottish accent is perhaps not what every aspiring English speaker is looking for.

Massimiliano B

Re: Help needed with Danish audio

Postby Massimiliano B » 2017-06-08, 23:02

Do you know this site?

http://www.goethe-verlag.com/book2/EN/ENDA/ENDA002.HTM

Do you think it is interesting?

Woods

Re: Help needed with Danish audio

Postby Woods » 2017-07-24, 20:20

Gary wrote:I've looked online for Danish audio with accompanying Danish text, but I can't find many examples of it. I wonder if anyone knows of any links. It could be also nice if a native Dane or Danes could take the time to record them reading a text for me so I can tune my ear to Danish.

I don't think a living Dane on the planet Earth would ever take their time to do that.

But I also don't think you need it. It's a common trend among people beginning something new to ask for all kinds of ressources and waste time searching for them, but instead you could do a great job with the ones that are already available. For example, if you need to improve your hearing, why don't you watch the news cast?

Otherwise welcome to UniLang! The Danish forum is the most desolate one, but there are a few people like me and Massimiliano still haunting it, we'll do our best to help :)

(en) Please correct any mistakes and imperfections you can spot in the way I use English or any other language.
(fr) Merci de me corriger si vous sentez que ce que j’écris ne sonne pas au mieux ou ne vous paraît pas parfaitement français.
(dk) I bedes rette alle fejl og ufuldkommenheder I får øje på i det jeg skriver.
(de) Wenn ihr Fehler oder Unvollkommenheiten in meinen Meldungen findet, bitte korrigiert mich :ohwell:

Return to “Danish (Dansk)”