Hey

Moderator:Iván

Babylon
Hey

Postby Babylon » 2011-12-04, 16:43

Hey I'm Eric and I want to learn Spanish. Could you guys help me? I'd appreciate that. I just know some pretty basic stuff like : Hola and Qué pasó and so on. :)
Quiero aprender [flag]es[/flag], 'cause I was in [flag]mx[/flag] and it ROCKED!!
Please correct my mistakes.

johntm

Re: Hey

Postby johntm » 2011-12-04, 19:36

What are you using to learn it? Are there a lot of speakers in your area?
We can't help you unless you help yourself, you have to learn on your own and the natives here will help you, they can't teach you here, it's impractical, especially when there's 1000000 Spanish courses out there.
Native: [flag]en-US[/flag]
Learning: [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]es[/flag] [flag]de[/flag]
"The goal [of learning foreign languages] is to speak not so that you can be understood, but so that you cannot be misunderstood."-Earl W. Stevick
"You either get good at accomplishments or you get good at making excuses."-Anonymous

Babylon

Postby Babylon » 2011-12-04, 20:50

I see. Thank you for your reply. I'll buy some books and learn something from the Internet and I'll ask you about stuff I won't understand. Muchas gracias.

I just wanted to know If I can count on this site for advice.
Quiero aprender [flag]es[/flag], 'cause I was in [flag]mx[/flag] and it ROCKED!!
Please correct my mistakes.

loqu

Postby loqu » 2011-12-04, 21:19

Babylon wrote:I see. Thank you for your reply. I'll buy some books and learn something from the Internet and I'll ask you about stuff I won't understand. Muchas gracias.

Por supuesto :) como te ha dicho John, aprender es cosa tuya, y nosotros resolveremos tus dudas :)
Of course :) as John told you, learning is your duty, and we'll solve any doubt you have :)
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

johntm

Postby johntm » 2011-12-05, 2:18

Babylon wrote:I see. Thank you for your reply. I'll buy some books and learn something from the Internet and I'll ask you about stuff I won't understand.
No problem, and make sure you get good learning materials. I recommend browsing the forum of how-to-learn-any-language.com, I don't really like the forum THAT much, but I'll admit, there are a good bit of threads on learning programs/methods. Assimil, FSI, Teach yourself, L-R, etc. That's how I learned what I know and am now using in regards to language learning.

In my experience, yes. It may take a while to get feedback (like a day, max), the languages subforums aren't super active, but you'll get feedback. Especially in this forum, Loqu and Nunia (and sometimes Serafín) are pretty good about making corrections, and some of us nonnatives make corrections if we notice errors.
Native: [flag]en-US[/flag]
Learning: [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]es[/flag] [flag]de[/flag]
"The goal [of learning foreign languages] is to speak not so that you can be understood, but so that you cannot be misunderstood."-Earl W. Stevick
"You either get good at accomplishments or you get good at making excuses."-Anonymous

Return to “Spanish (Español)”