Latvian and Latvians in the world

Moderator:Sol Invictus

Levo
Latvian and Latvians in the world

Postby Levo » 2013-09-10, 9:28

Just to let you know, :)
I met Latvians in the city-centre a few days ago. I even practiced my Latvian, it was so nice :)))

They were watching the Latvian-Lithuanian handball match! Hilarious! :D

By the way, I see it more and more often in the shopping streets in central Budapest that multinational retail stores and even caffees write out "hi" and "price discounts" in Latvian. :) I made pictures of those.

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Latvian and Latvians in the world

Postby Sol Invictus » 2013-09-10, 12:01

Levo wrote:By the way, I see it more and more often in the shopping streets in central Budapest that multinational retail stores and even caffees write out "hi" and "price discounts" in Latvian. :)

Hmm, īpatnēji, tas ir tūristiem vai arī Ungārijā pēkšņi saradušies daudz latviešu? :hmm:

Levo

Re: Latvian and Latvians in the world

Postby Levo » 2013-09-11, 11:48

Sol Invictus wrote:
Levo wrote:By the way, I see it more and more often in the shopping streets in central Budapest that multinational retail stores and even caffees write out "hi" and "price discounts" in Latvian. :)

Hmm, īpatnēji, tas ir tūristiem vai arī Ungārijā pēkšņi saradušies daudz latviešu? :hmm:

I believe it is rather for tūristiem.
Though as you could read, there actually is some Latvian presence in Budapest :) (During that match, i saw at least 25 people sitting firmly on the Latvian side, and even more on the Lithuanian side, many in uniform T-shirts :) )

Return to “Latvian (Latviešu valoda)”