For ''Saule'' and Mak

Moderator:Sol Invictus

ciuppo2000
For ''Saule'' and Mak

Postby ciuppo2000 » 2011-12-15, 16:46

''Saule''! Mak!

You are undoubtedly the backbone of this forum.
As native speakers of Latvian you are the persons we can rely on to improve our knowledge of Latvia and Latvian.
You have the power to confirm or change our opinions, ideas and views on your beautiful country and on your beautiful language and so please ... do not forget that: ''with great powers comes great responsibility''... :wink:

pietro :) (a very good friend of yours)

mak

Re: For ''Saule'' and Mak

Postby mak » 2011-12-16, 20:23

I admit that I sometimes make up grammar rules :D

ciuppo2000

Postby ciuppo2000 » 2011-12-19, 17:14

mak wrote:I admit that I sometimes make up grammar rules :D

...well done, mak :wink: !!! ...you are really one of the few persons in this forum who ''thinks'', while many, probably too many, just ''barks''... :(

Seriously speaking, from a linguistic point of view the situation of this Latvian Language forum is bad.

There is no moderator who can help the readers of the forum to understand which posts are trustworthy and which are not and the person who has practically attributed herself with this role, instead to confine herself to general information on Latvian grammar and lexicon and notwithstanding the fact that she merrily admitted that she is not a linguist, keeps on flooding this forum with her linguistic ''nonsense'' ... and, even worst, jumping like a vampire to the throat of anyone who seems to put in danger her position of ... ''undisputed queen of the forum''...

The biggest problem with our ''self-appointed wunderkind'' seems to be her conceit and arrogance ... she simply thinks to be much smarter that she actually is...!!!

Unfortunately (or maybe luckily) I am a busy person and, as already told in one of my previous post, I have no time to devote for the lingustic education of our ''Dracula's mother-in-law'' and her henchmen... :lol: :lol: :lol:

...but to leave the readers of this forum at the mercy of our crabby ''old maid'' and her linguistic amateurism would be ... not fair.
So, from now on, ''viņai par lielu prieku'' I will be extremely glad to simply gloss the posts of our ''beloved friend'' with one of the following tags:

ciuppo2000 :yep: TRUSTWORTHY CONTENT

ciuppo2000 :hmm: NOT FULLY TRUSTWORTHY CONTENT

ciuppo2000 :nope: UNTRUSTWORTHY CONTENT

so that everybody will be able to draw their own conclusions...and I will not squander too much time!!!

pietro :)

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2011-12-19, 18:09

So this forum is going to be grately improved by making a thread explictly to bash her with whom you don't agree with on a certain topic? :hmm:

And as for the vampire queen bit :biglol: I have better things to do in life than asserting my dominance over an inactive forum

ciuppo2000

Postby ciuppo2000 » 2011-12-20, 4:09

Sol Invictus wrote:So this forum is going to be grately improved by making a thread explictly to bash her with whom you don't agree with on a certain topic? :hmm:

And as for the vampire queen bit :biglol: I have better things to do in life than asserting my dominance over an inactive forum

...inactive...and silent like a castle in Transilvania... :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

pietro :)

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2011-12-20, 11:27

Ah, pietro, I will apply Godwin's law* here, in hopes that it will make you realize that this thread was too long before you even started it:

1.) I am here to give my input as a native speaker, I have never claimed to be an expert in this field, nor I know all correct English linguistic terms to improve "linguistic" situation of this forum. And, frankly, I don't see any need to cultivate air of lab clean academia in a forum.
2.) As far as I can remember the only way I provoked this was a.) correcting your use of present perfect (which was meant as a joke on my part, because I felt you over corrected me) and then b.) not fully agreeing with theory you presented.
I had thought you're smarter than that.

P.S. Forget to ask yesterday - my "henchmen"?

*That is to say that you're overly punctual and cannot accept any opinion other than your own

Return to “Latvian (Latviešu valoda)”