Latvian pensions

Moderator:Sol Invictus

Levo
Latvian pensions

Postby Levo » 2008-09-26, 20:39

Sveiki!
I have a question about Latvian pensions.
I know there was a statal voting about pensions in Latvia, wether to rise them radically or not, or like that, well what was the question exactly?
And then, could anyone tell me what is the average pension now in Latvia in Lats or Euros and if you could tell me the source where you found it I would be grateful.
And if you happen to know how much it values in PPP (purchase power parity) from any page, but it is only a plus.
Thank you in advance!

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Latvian pensions

Postby Sol Invictus » 2008-09-26, 22:31

Levo

Postby Levo » 2008-09-27, 17:27

Sol Invictus wrote:http://web.cvk.lv/pub/public/29202.html (god only knows, I didn't get it and didn't go to vote)
http://www.vsaa.lv/vsaa/content/?lng=en&cat=651

Thank you! Either the "all pensions" or the "allocated pensions" is the one I need, Latvian pensions are significantly lower than here. It would be interesting to see their real-value...
Here it is 218,6 lats, counting with another group of pensioners, a bit more higher (241).

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2008-09-27, 23:06

Levo wrote:
Sol Invictus wrote:http://web.cvk.lv/pub/public/29202.html (god only knows, I didn't get it and didn't go to vote)
http://www.vsaa.lv/vsaa/content/?lng=en&cat=651

Thank you! Either the "all pensions" or the "allocated pensions" is the one I need, Latvian pensions are significantly lower than here. It would be interesting to see their real-value...
Here it is 218,6 lats, counting with another group of pensioners, a bit more higher (241).

People say they are too low, I don't care as by the time it will affect me everything will have changed anyway and pensioners I know have high pension, so I don't realy know. Perhaps look up real value for lat - I'm not sure you'll find it for pensions

Levo

Postby Levo » 2008-10-03, 20:03

It's either that there are hardly any Latvians around or the mentality up there:
A thread like that would attract many posters among Hungarians. Everyone would start complaining, "oh yeah, indeed pensions are so low here compared to yours..." and would start going into the actual-political situation. I can see Latvians are not like that...fortunately.

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2008-10-08, 16:22

Levo wrote:It's either that there are hardly any Latvians around or the mentality up there:
A thread like that would attract many posters among Hungarians. Everyone would start complaining, "oh yeah, indeed pensions are so low here compared to yours..." and would start going into the actual-political situation. I can see Latvians are not like that...fortunately.

I'd go for the first choise - there are too few people here

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2008-10-25, 13:27

Is it in Latvia also so that your future pension would be put together from several parts? In Estonia there are "three columns": so called 'peoples pension', compulsory pension fund and voluntary pension fund. It means that 2/3 of your pension you should collect yourself during your working years. I have to think about it, I'm already 30 :para:

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2008-10-25, 21:35

Loiks wrote:Is it in Latvia also so that your future pension would be put together from several parts? In Estonia there are "three columns": so called 'peoples pension', compulsory pension fund and voluntary pension fund. It means that 2/3 of your pension you should collect yourself during your working years. I have to think about it, I'm already 30 :para:

Yeah, we got three levels I think it is the same, though I think you colect all pension while you work just that level one is form taxes and other two levels are from bank investments.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2008-11-04, 12:14

Loiks wrote:Is it in Latvia also so that your future pension would be put together from several parts? In Estonia there are "three columns": so called 'peoples pension', compulsory pension fund and voluntary pension fund. It means that 2/3 of your pension you should collect yourself during your working years. I have to think about it, I'm already 30 :para:

What's the difference between peoples pension and compulsory pension?

Return to “Latvian (Latviešu valoda)”