Grammar and syntax check

Moderator:JackFrost

dragec
Grammar and syntax check

Postby dragec » 2017-07-17, 10:25

Hi,

Could someone check this short text for grammar and syntax?

Why it is important to authorize API client?

YouTube API client automates management of your YouTube video settings. Authorizing the YouTube API client, you are giving it permissions to change settings of your videos so they can be embedded into your website pages.

Can I revoke the permissions that I granted to API client?

Yes. You can revoke the granted permissions at any time but the plugin will immediately stop working properly. Revoking the permissions will result in plugin not being able to embed private videos anymore.

If you want to revoke granted permissions, click here to see how to unauthorize the YouTube API client.

Thanks a lot!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Grammar and syntax check

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-09-09, 22:12

Here's my attempt at correcting it:
Why it is important to authorize your API client? (Or: Why is it important for me to authorize my API client?)

The YouTube API client automates the management of your YouTube video settings. ABy authorizing the YouTube API client, you are giving it permissions to change settings of your videos your video settings so they can be embedded into your website pages.

Can I revoke the permissions that I granted to my API client?

Yes. You can revoke the granted permissions at any time, but the plugin will immediately stop working properly. Revoking the permissions will result in the plugin not being able to embed private videos anymore.

If you want to revoke granted permissions, click here to see how to unauthorize the YouTube API client.

I might say "The YouTube API client automates managing your YouTube video settings" or just "the YouTube API client lets you manage your YouTube video settings automatically" (I suppose you could also remove "your" in the second sentence at least, but it sounds a little odd to me personally).

Return to “English”