Forum Song Contest - All-Stars 2016 Results

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Global Moderators, Forum Administrators

dEhiN

Forum Song Contest - All-Stars 2016 Results

Postby dEhiN » 2017-01-01, 19:16

We only had 3 voters in the end, which is a shame. And I know these results are late; I apologise for that - I had a bout of depression I was dealing with.

Anyway, here are the results:

1. Ukrainian (uk) Ukrainian: Океан Ельзи - Не йди (Okean Elzy - Ne Idy) (TheStrayCat)
  2. Maltese (mt) Maltese: Karen DeBattista - Jien Ma Naħdimx (languagepotato)
  3. Hungarian (hu) Hungarian: Honeybeast - Maradok (Levike)
  4. Slovak (sk) Slovak: Kristína - Na bieleho koňa (Mutusen)
  5. French (fr) French: Olivia Ruiz - Belle à en crever (france-eesti)
  6. Hebrew (he) Hebrew: le'an she lo telchi - shiri maimon (languagepotato)
  7. Russian (ru) Russian: Сплин - Романс (Splin - Romans) (Mutusen)
  8. Sakha-Yakut (sah) Sakha-Yakut: Анатолий Бурнашев (Anatoly Burnashev) - Суоллар (Suollar / Дороги / Roads) (h34)
  9. Chukchi (ckt) Chukchi: Эргырон - Нунлигран (h34)
  10. Greek (el) Greek: Koza Mostra - Γιορτή (Dark_Horse)
  11. Albanian (sq) Albanian: Retrovizorja me Elina Duni - Si të humba ty (shprakh)
  12. Italian (it) Italian: Chiara - Due respiri (sandodream)
  13. Greek (el) Greek: Γιώργος Παπαδόπουλος - Να Να Να / Giorgos Papadopoulos - Na Na Na (Dark_Horse)
  14. Italian (it) Italian: Emma - Io Di Te Non Ho Paura[/url] (sandrodream) -- Udmurt (udm) Udmurt: Silent Woo Goore - Кырӟаса лэзём али (Lumilintu)
  15. Lithuanian (lt) Lithuanian: Vidas Bareikis - Bradas Pitas (uzferry)
  16. Italian (it) Italian: Giuseppe Verdi - Libiam ne' lieti calici (La Traviata) (IpseDixit) -- Lithuanian (lt) Lithuanian: Ieva - Raudoni Vakarai (uzferry) -- Russian (ru) Russian: Отава Ё - Что за песни (Патрислав Андреевич) -- Icelandic (is) Icelandic: Sólstafir - Fjara (Lumilintu)

Here's a pdf of the results:
UniLang FSC All-Stars 2016.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Follow my TAC 2017 here.

(N)  (en-CA) | (B2/B1)  (fr) | (B1/A2)  (pt-BR)  (es-CO) | (A1)  (ta-LK)  (ja)  (ko)  (sv)  (fy)  (it)  (ro)

TheStrayCat

Re: Forum Song Contest - All-Stars 2016 Results

Postby TheStrayCat » 2017-01-02, 9:49

Thanks for organizing the contest, David, and thanks to Dark_Horse for the decisive vote! ;)

Happy New Year!
Native:  (uk)
C1:  (en-US)
B2:  (es)
A1:  (fr) (hr)

france-eesti

Postby france-eesti » 2017-01-02, 11:25

Oh :( sorry! I missed the voting time because I really wanted to vote
(for the Ukrainian song as well)

Anyway, I hope you're fine now David! what happened?
I can host FSC... 56 or I don't know the number? For January 2017, except if someone else wants to do it :)
'fr' (fr) Native - 'en' (en) Fluentish - 'pt' (pt) Fluentish when I was younger, SQL: A2 or something like that - 'hu' (hu) My current addiction - crazy about it!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-01-05, 8:25

france-eesti wrote:I can host FSC... 56 or I don't know the number? For January 2017

55. All-Stars don't count as a usual FSC, I guess.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-01-05, 22:36

Oh wow, I thought I had replied to you france-eesti! I guess I must not've hit send.

france-eesti wrote:Oh :( sorry! I missed the voting time because I really wanted to vote
(for the Ukrainian song as well)

Don't worry a lot of people missed the voting time!

france-eesti wrote:Anyway, I hope you're fine now David! what happened?

See here and here. There are other posts too. But basically I was dealing with realizing I'm gay and worrying about how my family and some of my friends would take it. Now, I'm not as worried about it.

france-eesti wrote:I can host FSC... 56 or I don't know the number? For January 2017, except if someone else wants to do it :)

Go for it; even though we're 5 or 6 days into Jan, you could still host it.
Follow my TAC 2017 here.

(N)  (en-CA) | (B2/B1)  (fr) | (B1/A2)  (pt-BR)  (es-CO) | (A1)  (ta-LK)  (ja)  (ko)  (sv)  (fy)  (it)  (ro)

france-eesti

Postby france-eesti » 2017-01-07, 9:49

dEhiN wrote:There are other posts too. But basically I was dealing with realizing I'm gay and worrying about how my family and some of my friends would take it. Now, I'm not as worried about it.

Ah, I am sorry this world is not as evoluated as it should be allow people to live their lives the way they would like... Actually, you don't choose to be gay, you just are, and you get blamed for it... That's just another thing I'm angry at :cry: That's like when you accidentally walk on the cat's tail but you blame the cat for that. I wish you the best to gain people's acceptation and even if they don't, they're the ones with the problem, and you're not! :twisted:
'fr' (fr) Native - 'en' (en) Fluentish - 'pt' (pt) Fluentish when I was younger, SQL: A2 or something like that - 'hu' (hu) My current addiction - crazy about it!

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-01-07, 18:38

france-eesti wrote:Ah, I am sorry this world is not as evoluated evolved as it should be to allow people to live their lives the way they would like... Actually, you don't choose to be gay, you just are, and you get blamed for it... That's just another thing I'm angry at :cry: . That's like when you accidentally walk on the cat's tail but you blame the cat for that. I wish you the best to gain people's acceptation and even if they don't, they're the ones with the problem, and you're not! :twisted:

Merci bien! T'as raison, il onts le problème, pas moi.

By the way, when did you add SQL to your signature?! I think that's so hilarious that you've given yourself a CEFR level in SQL! :rotfl: I never learned SQL, though almost 15 years ago when I was playing around with MS Access databases, I knew enough syntax to edit the code attached to various boxes and buttons and such.
Follow my TAC 2017 here.

france-eesti

Postby france-eesti » 2017-01-07, 19:20

Ah, thanks for the correction! That SQL thing is just a joke actually, but I use it everyday and sometimes do queries with a few junctions? (I don't know how to say jointure in English). I love it too, though I am not a developer (I am a functional analyst), it is very handy :D

Otherwise, you're right, people who upset you DO HAVE a problem with their sexual identity. You have been brave enough to face yours so you have nothing to learn from them. But the problem is - that's a big part of the population that's this way :cry: so... we just gotta bear that and live with that... :wink:

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-01-07, 20:21

france-eesti wrote:Ah, thanks for the correction! That SQL thing is just a joke actually, but I use it everyday and sometimes do queries with a few junctions? (I don't know how to say jointure in English). I love it too, though I am not a developer (I am a functional analyst), it is very handy :D

Yeah, junction is the word in English. So what does a functional analyst do? Because for me, functional can mean that you analyse functions, or that you are a pratical analyst (as opposed to a theoretical analyst; so functional as a synonym for practical).

france-eesti wrote:Otherwise, you're right, people who are upset you DO HAVE a problem with their sexual identity. You have been brave enough to face yours so you have nothing to learn from them. But the problem is: - that's* a big part of the population that's this way :cry: so... we just gotta bear that and live with that... :wink:

*You can use "that" but it sounds a little odd (I think because you are using it twice in the same sentence). It sounds better to say "it's".

Et merci pour ton encouragement! Tu es très douce! (Puis-je dire ça? Peut-être, c'est une anglicisme « you're so sweet » ? Peut-être c'est meiux à dire « tu es très gentille » ?)
Follow my TAC 2017 here.

france-eesti

Postby france-eesti » 2017-01-07, 20:34

dEhiN wrote:
france-eesti wrote:Ah, thanks for the correction! That SQL thing is just a joke actually, but I use it everyday and sometimes do queries with a few junctions? (I don't know how to say jointure in English). I love it too, though I am not a developer (I am a functional analyst), it is very handy :D

Yeah, junction is the word in English. So what does a functional analyst do? Because for me, functional can mean that you analyse functions, or that you are a pratical analyst (as opposed to a theoretical analyst; so functional as a synonym for practical).

Actually I write requirements, write testing plans, manage the testers, and solve problems - but I do not code, I do not program. I am situated between the project manager who will figure out how much the project will cost, and the developer, who writes the COBOL :)
dEhiN wrote:
france-eesti wrote:Otherwise, you're right, people who are upset you DO HAVE a problem with their sexual identity. You have been brave enough to face yours so you have nothing to learn from them. But the problem is: - that's* a big part of the population that's this way :cry: so... we just gotta bear that and live with that... :wink:

*You can use "that" but it sounds a little odd (I think because you are using it twice in the same sentence). It sounds better to say "it's".

Et merci pour ton encouragement! Tu es très douce! (Puis-je dire ça? Peut-être, c'est une anglicisme « you're so sweet » ? Peut-être c'est meiux à dire « tu es très gentille » ?)

Actually I wanted to say "people who are upsetting you" or "people who make you upset" :)
And I think you can translate "you're so sweet" by "tu es très gentille", indeed :wink: And merci ! :mrgreen:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-01-07, 20:39

france-eesti wrote:Actually I wanted to say "people who are upsetting you" or "people who make you upset" :)

Yeah, I think your original sentence was fine ("people who upset you do have a problem with their sexual identity"). "People who make you upset" might sound slightly more natural to me, though.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-01-07, 20:47

vijayjohn wrote:
france-eesti wrote:Actually I wanted to say "people who are upsetting you" or "people who make you upset" :)

Yeah, I think your original sentence was fine ("people who upset you do have a problem with their sexual identity"). "People who make you upset" might sound slightly more natural to me, though.

Yeah, you're right Vijay, her original sentence was fine. My mind added "with" between "upset" and "you". So despite there being no "with", I added "are" to make it make sense in my mind. Gomenasai! *bows* I will now commit seppuku. :laser:
Follow my TAC 2017 here.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-01-07, 20:51

Nooo! That's what I did for Koko like three times! It's not worth it! Come back! :lol:

Return to “Culture”