Page 3 of 3

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2016-08-15, 21:59
by Yasna
IpseDixit wrote:
Meera wrote:HBO confirmed that only two seasons are left, and each will only have seven episodes. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


WHAT?????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How many episodes were you guys expecting from material that will be covered in one book? Shouldn't we be happy to get more than 10 episodes out of it?

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2016-08-16, 18:20
by Meera
IpseDixit wrote:
WHAT?????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


My reaction exactly.


Yasna wrote:How many episodes were you guys expecting from material that will be covered in one book? Shouldn't we be happy to get more than 10 episodes out of it?


I'm actually afraid these episodes will feel rushed. There is still a lot to cover. :P I'm just happy we get two more years though. I give HBO credit for actually letting the show runners do what they want though. I think other networks would probably be pushing for way more.

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2016-09-24, 17:40
by Johanna
They do have the general blueprint from the creator of the whole thing, and the TV series has already overtaken the books. A book series that has only two installments left by the way, which means that the last two seasons will roughly cover the last book.

It started out one 10-episode season per book, so I think it's more than enough. Especially since good storytelling doesn't drag on and on and on and on just because hardcore fans of that world want more.

Actually, I think it's a good thing, since once the TV series went into uncharted territory so to speak, it became less character driven and there were these weird skips in time, making it seem like people more or less teleported. I don't need another four seasons of that.

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2017-07-16, 23:38
by Meera
Less then two hours! Who is hyped??

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2017-07-17, 2:11
by Osias
Just watched. I hate season openings, I wish I could see the entire season in a single sitting.

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2017-07-17, 16:16
by Meera
I really liked the episode:

-That cold open with Arya was fantastic. And when she said Winter has come for the Freys. OMG It was so good, gave me goosebumps.
-The white walkers! The giant and Hodor!!
-Sansa and Jon's argument. I liked that they are having sibling fights.
-I loved seeing the Starks in Winterfell again.
-Cersei and Jaime's scene was good and I liked the Euron scene when he proposed to Cersei. I kind of miss Maegary, it feels weird she isn't there.
-Ed Sheeran, wtf! Why is he there?
-Sam' scene was really gross,but it was cool seeing Ser Mormont.
-I can't wait until LittleFinger dies, he is just annoying as fuck now, his schemes are obviously not working.
-Sansa's come backs to Littlefinger were great.
-Tormund and Brienne flirting awwww I ship it so hard.
-Dany arriving in Dragonstone and saying shall we Begin? OMG take that Iron Throne Dany!!!

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2017-07-17, 17:10
by Yasna
I get that the opener is basically just trying to set things up for the rest of the season, but it really lacked momentum. I did like Cersei and Jamie's scene in the courtyard though.

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2017-07-18, 0:45
by Meera

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2017-07-18, 0:46
by Osias
Meera wrote:-Ed Sheeran, wtf! Why is he there?

It was a treat for Arya's actress, she is a fan.

Meera wrote:-Sam' scene was really gross,but it was cool seeing Ser Mormont.
It felt repetitive. It looks like they reused footage to fill the episode. :hmm:


Meera wrote:-Tormund and Brienne flirting awwww I ship it so hard.

I still thinkshe'llend marrying Jamie.

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2017-07-18, 21:34
by Luís
Knowing how George R.R. Martin likes to mess up with people, life is probably not going to be easy for Daenerys and Jon.
Euron Greyjoy has a dragon horn after all (or at least he does in the books), so I suppose his plan is to steal a dragon or two and bring them back to Cersei.
In the North, I expect Sansa to eventually turn to the dark side and betray her brother. Remember the prophecy from Cersei's youth? She was told “you’ll be queen…for a time. Then comes another. Younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear”. She thought it was Margaery, most people obviously thought it might be Daenerys, but... what if it's Sansa after all? :wink:

Re: Game Of Thrones

Posted: 2017-07-19, 3:29
by Meera
Osias wrote:
Meera wrote:-Ed Sheeran, wtf! Why is he there?

It was a treat for Arya's actress, she is a fan.

Meera wrote:-Sam' scene was really gross,but it was cool seeing Ser Mormont.
It felt repetitive. It looks like they reused footage to fill the episode. :hmm:


Meera wrote:-Tormund and Brienne flirting awwww I ship it so hard.

I still thinkshe'llend marrying Jamie.


I know, I really hate they are using filler when the show is almost over. We only have like 12 episodes left there is no room for filler. I agree about Brienne, but Jaime seems nowhere near her right now. I think Jamie may kill Cersei and then kill himself.

Luís wrote:Knowing how George R.R. Martin likes to mess up with people, life is probably not going to be easy for Daenerys and Jon.
Euron Greyjoy has a dragon horn after all (or at least he does in the books), so I suppose his plan is to steal a dragon or two and bring them back to Cersei.
In the North, I expect Sansa to eventually turn to the dark side and betray her brother. Remember the prophecy from Cersei's youth? She was told “you’ll be queen…for a time. Then comes another. Younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear”. She thought it was Margaery, most people obviously thought it might be Daenerys, but... what if it's Sansa after all? :wink:


Although I really like Sansa and wouldn't mind seeing her on the Iron Throne, I don't think Westeros will last long enough for her to get close to it. It will probably be englufed by white walkers at that point.