Game Of Thrones

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Yasna
Re: Game Of Thrones

Postby Yasna » 2016-08-15, 21:59

IpseDixit wrote:
Meera wrote:HBO confirmed that only two seasons are left, and each will only have seven episodes. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHAT?????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How many episodes were you guys expecting from material that will be covered in one book? Shouldn't we be happy to get more than 10 episodes out of it?
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

Meera

Postby Meera » 2016-08-16, 18:20

IpseDixit wrote:
WHAT?????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My reaction exactly.

Yasna wrote:How many episodes were you guys expecting from material that will be covered in one book? Shouldn't we be happy to get more than 10 episodes out of it?

I'm actually afraid these episodes will feel rushed. There is still a lot to cover. :P I'm just happy we get two more years though. I give HBO credit for actually letting the show runners do what they want though. I think other networks would probably be pushing for way more.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Johanna » 2016-09-24, 17:40

They do have the general blueprint from the creator of the whole thing, and the TV series has already overtaken the books. A book series that has only two installments left by the way, which means that the last two seasons will roughly cover the last book.

It started out one 10-episode season per book, so I think it's more than enough. Especially since good storytelling doesn't drag on and on and on and on just because hardcore fans of that world want more.

Actually, I think it's a good thing, since once the TV series went into uncharted territory so to speak, it became less character driven and there were these weird skips in time, making it seem like people more or less teleported. I don't need another four seasons of that.
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-07-16, 23:38

Less then two hours! Who is hyped??
अहिंसा/เจ

Osias

Postby Osias » 2017-07-17, 2:11

Just watched. I hate season openings, I wish I could see the entire season in a single sitting.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-07-17, 16:16

I really liked the episode:

-That cold open with Arya was fantastic. And when she said Winter has come for the Freys. OMG It was so good, gave me goosebumps.
-The white walkers! The giant and Hodor!!
-Sansa and Jon's argument. I liked that they are having sibling fights.
-I loved seeing the Starks in Winterfell again.
-Cersei and Jaime's scene was good and I liked the Euron scene when he proposed to Cersei. I kind of miss Maegary, it feels weird she isn't there.
-Ed Sheeran, wtf! Why is he there?
-Sam' scene was really gross,but it was cool seeing Ser Mormont.
-I can't wait until LittleFinger dies, he is just annoying as fuck now, his schemes are obviously not working.
-Sansa's come backs to Littlefinger were great.
-Tormund and Brienne flirting awwww I ship it so hard.
-Dany arriving in Dragonstone and saying shall we Begin? OMG take that Iron Throne Dany!!!
अहिंसा/เจ

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2017-07-17, 17:10

I get that the opener is basically just trying to set things up for the rest of the season, but it really lacked momentum. I did like Cersei and Jamie's scene in the courtyard though.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-07-18, 0:45

अहिंसा/เจ

Osias

Postby Osias » 2017-07-18, 0:46

Meera wrote:-Ed Sheeran, wtf! Why is he there?

It was a treat for Arya's actress, she is a fan.

Meera wrote:-Sam' scene was really gross,but it was cool seeing Ser Mormont.
It felt repetitive. It looks like they reused footage to fill the episode. :hmm:

Meera wrote:-Tormund and Brienne flirting awwww I ship it so hard.

I still thinkshe'llend marrying Jamie.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2017-07-18, 21:34

Knowing how George R.R. Martin likes to mess up with people, life is probably not going to be easy for Daenerys and Jon.
Euron Greyjoy has a dragon horn after all (or at least he does in the books), so I suppose his plan is to steal a dragon or two and bring them back to Cersei.
In the North, I expect Sansa to eventually turn to the dark side and betray her brother. Remember the prophecy from Cersei's youth? She was told “you’ll be queen…for a time. Then comes another. Younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear”. She thought it was Margaery, most people obviously thought it might be Daenerys, but... what if it's Sansa after all? :wink:
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-07-19, 3:29

Osias wrote:
Meera wrote:-Ed Sheeran, wtf! Why is he there?

It was a treat for Arya's actress, she is a fan.

Meera wrote:-Sam' scene was really gross,but it was cool seeing Ser Mormont.
It felt repetitive. It looks like they reused footage to fill the episode. :hmm:

Meera wrote:-Tormund and Brienne flirting awwww I ship it so hard.

I still thinkshe'llend marrying Jamie.

I know, I really hate they are using filler when the show is almost over. We only have like 12 episodes left there is no room for filler. I agree about Brienne, but Jaime seems nowhere near her right now. I think Jamie may kill Cersei and then kill himself.

Luís wrote:Knowing how George R.R. Martin likes to mess up with people, life is probably not going to be easy for Daenerys and Jon.
Euron Greyjoy has a dragon horn after all (or at least he does in the books), so I suppose his plan is to steal a dragon or two and bring them back to Cersei.
In the North, I expect Sansa to eventually turn to the dark side and betray her brother. Remember the prophecy from Cersei's youth? She was told “you’ll be queen…for a time. Then comes another. Younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear”. She thought it was Margaery, most people obviously thought it might be Daenerys, but... what if it's Sansa after all? :wink:

Although I really like Sansa and wouldn't mind seeing her on the Iron Throne, I don't think Westeros will last long enough for her to get close to it. It will probably be englufed by white walkers at that point.
अहिंसा/เจ

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-08-09, 18:43

Last weeks episode.... omg!! It was fantastic although:

I think Jaime should have died. What moron charges after a gigantic fire breathing full grown dragon? Remember when people died on this show for making stupid decisions? He probably would have if George R.R Martin put that in his book. But other than that battle scene was epic and I think better than battle of the bastards. I really don't think Dany can take Kings Landing with her Dragons. Look how easy it was to ground Drogon. I think the only way Cersei is booted from the throne is if Jaime or someone in the inner circle kills her. Dany won't be able to take the throne with Cersei in power. Also I loved the cave scene too, I swear Jon and Davos drew those white walkers :lol: I was expecting chalk to fall out of his pocket. I can't believe the amount of chemistry Emilia and Kit have and I can't believe the characters are actually liking each other, I never in a million years thought Dany and Jon would hook up. But they are so cute together :P Also when I loved Davos teasing Missandei and when he told Jon "Yeah I see you staring at her good heart" lol I was kind of underwhelmed by the Arya and Sansa reunion, I thought I would get more feels. I freaking hate Bran and can't wait for him to die. What he did to Meera and Sansa was awful. I am so excited for the next episode.

Spoiler for next episode:
Jon pets Drogon!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Btw has Jon ever been around fire? I would love to know if he can burned or not.
अहिंसा/เจ

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2017-08-09, 18:57

Meera wrote:Last weeks episode.... omg!! It was fantastic although:
I think Jaime should have died. What moron charges after a gigantic fire breathing full grown dragon?

I think he was trying to kill Daenerys, not the dragon. In his eyes she was just "more of the same" (to quote Jon)

Meera wrote:Last weeks episode.... omg!! It was fantastic although:

I can't believe the amount of chemistry Emilia and Kit have and I can't believe the characters are actually liking each other, I never in a million years thought Dany and Jon would hook up. But they are so cute together

You realize she's his aunt, right? :P

Meera wrote:was kind of underwhelmed by the Arya and Sansa reunion,

Well, they weren't that close as children to start with. After so many years apart and after all they've been through, it's normal.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2017-08-10, 0:06

I was shipping Bran and Meera. :( Wait, is this name right?

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2017-08-15, 12:26

I'm starting to be seriously concerned about the fate of the book series. Winds of Winter is taking ages to come out and after that, GRRM has another book to write which is estimated to be ~1,500 pages long, and he's almost 70 and definitely not in the best of shapes.

I know he's told some people his plans for the last book, just to be prepared for the worst case scenario, but personally I'm sure I'd find it quite dissatisfying to read a book written by someone who's not him.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2017-08-15, 13:23

People are travelling too fast in Westeros... :hmm:

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2017-08-15, 13:56

Osias wrote:People are travelling too fast in Westeros... :hmm:

Yeah. There's a stark contrast (pun intended) with previous seasons where characters would spend several episodes going from point A to point B. Now they can go from Dorne to the Wall in a few seconds.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-08-15, 17:01

I never knew that Dany/Jon was a ship I needed but holy shit they are my otp right now. Yes I know they are related but that is the Targaaryen way apparently. :P But yeah they need to get a room.

From Episode 5:
Jon petting Drogon was so cute :mrgreen: Gendry is back!! Dany hugging Jorah in front of Jon lmao and the Jorah being like I'll go catch a wight and Dany being like "Okay, have fun lolz" and then Jon being like "I'll lead it" and Dany was like "WTF I didn't say you could leave." Tyrion and Jaime meeting again! I'm so glad Tyrion called Jaime out and sais his father was going to execute him so he had to kill him. I am kind of glad Dany burned the Tarly guy, maybe she shouldn't have burned the son but that Tarly guy was such a jerk to Sam that I really didn't feel any sympathy for him. I dk if I think Cersei is really preggers or not, I think she could be lying and I don't think she will help with the white walkers either. As soon as Daenarys leaves dragonstone, I bet Cersei will retake it. Also I can't believe they just casually mentioned the big reveal that Jon is not a bastard, like blinked and you missed it. Also I don't know how the general audience would pick up on that, if you just follow the show and don't read the books or really follow any of the theories you likely would have no idea who Rheagar or Lyanna are. I sure hope they keep that book though because if Jon wants a claim to the throne it will have to be more than Bran has visions. Also I did not like Arya in this episode at all maybe because I really like Sansa, but Sansa is never going to betray Winterfell or Jon, like just stop Arya.

Episode six (mostly speculation but maybe possible spoilers):
I am so hyped for this episode!! I think it will be the best one in the season or the entire series. It is going to be so cool! So I think in the episode they will go catch a wight and I have a feeling many of them will die. Probably not Jon because plot armor, maybe Jorah? But I don't see him catching greyscale and cured just to die but who knows it is Game of Thrones, I don't think Gendry either because they wouldn't re-introduce him and then just kill him off, I think maybe the Hound and the guys from the brotherhood. I think Dany might surprise us and bring her Dragons up there or they send a raven for her, but I don't think her dragons will have it easy fighting the white walkers.
अहिंसा/เจ

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2017-08-15, 17:55

I still can't stop rewatching the Loot Train Battle.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-08-15, 21:39

Yasna wrote:I still can't stop rewatching the Loot Train Battle.

That was a fantastic sequence.
अहिंसा/เจ

Return to “Culture”