Which country do you want to visit absolutely?

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Kangoo
Which country do you want to visit absolutely?

Postby Kangoo » 2004-01-31, 15:26

WEll there are so many on my list :-))

But I absolutely want to revisit Australia, coz I love the lifestyle in downunder and want to see the great Outbacks, as well as the North and Tasmania too.

I also want to visit: Kenia, South Africa (coz of the animals and the variety of predators there)

Canada, Mexiko and US, South America, Bali, Indonesia, New Zealand, gosh just a lot :-))

Saaropean

Postby Saaropean » 2004-01-31, 15:32

I've heard New Zealand is beautiful. :D

Beside that, I'd like to go to China one day because I'm learning the language.

But actually I'm interested in the whole world. ;-)

Kangoo

Me too

Postby Kangoo » 2004-01-31, 15:33

I am interested in all countries, apart from Turkey, but that´s another topic

New Zealand is great!!! And it will not be too hot or cold there, due to the maritime influence

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2004-01-31, 15:44

I definitely would like to visit New Zealand. Not only because it seems like a wonderful place but also because it's Portugal's antipode :) It must be fun to be exactly on the other side of the world from where you live. :P
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Weldal

Italy: origin of Latin civilization

Postby Weldal » 2004-01-31, 17:19

Italy: the origin of the Latin civilization.
I'm also learning the language with this purpose. Who knows next December ? :wink:

Psi-Lord

Jeez, tough question...

Postby Psi-Lord » 2004-01-31, 17:55

Hmmm, my list would definitely include Italy, Greece, Egypt, UK, Russia, China, Korea, Japan and Australia — the problem would be picking which places to see in each of such countries. :roll: ;)
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2004-01-31, 20:53

I've just read a book in Norwegian about all the countries of the world and there wasn't one country where I found the article uninteresting. First of all I'm looking forward to Catalonia, but I think visiting another continent would also be a great experience.
Please correct my mistakes!

Patricia

Postby Patricia » 2004-01-31, 21:43

UK, The Netherlands and Belgium.

Also Australia and New Zealand.

Raza

Postby Raza » 2004-02-01, 1:18

I'm a Himalayan freak. I very dearly want to go and visit Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, and northern India (Ladakh and Sikkim).

Also I must go visit Cambodia because of my lifelong wish to see the ancient Khmer Angkorian temples. Also because I love the sound of the Khmer language. :)

Cécile

Postby Cécile » 2004-02-01, 9:09

Greece, Belgium...
I have realizable dreams, haven't I?? :wink:
"Aimer le vrai parce qu'il est vrai et non juger vrai ce que disent ceux que l'on aime."
George Steiner.
---

Kangoo

Compared to me

Postby Kangoo » 2004-02-01, 10:37

you have very realistic dreams. I am thinking about going to Singapore, Bali and Northern Australia that year, if not, I want to visit Kenya and Tansania.

I more prone to visit natural sites than cultural ones. If I want to visit cultural sites, I love visiting shrines of some tribes or temples :-))

I don´t like visiting any more churches, we have so many of them :-(( *lol*

Weldal

My country: many natural sightseeings...

Postby Weldal » 2004-02-01, 23:40

Kangoo wrote:I more prone to visit natural sites than cultural ones.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating, but I think that my country is among the ones who have the biggest diversity of natural sightseeings... 8)

Ashoka

Postby Ashoka » 2004-02-02, 2:39

Raza wrote:I'm a Himalayan freak. I very dearly want to go and visit Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, and northern India (Ladakh and Sikkim).

:D
Marvellous country!

Me I like to go to Australia, Canada (because they speak french :P ), or New-Zeland for see their wonderful landscape, the desert in Australia, the forest in Tasmania, the volcano in New-Zeland...
The land where you can't see any humain building...

mind

Postby mind » 2004-02-02, 6:25

Antarctic and ancient Greece, Rome and Crete.
Russian history blog:
http://minaev.blogspot.com

History forum #1:
http://www.simaqianstudio.com

RFC:American English,Latin,Greek

Strigo

Postby Strigo » 2004-02-02, 14:17

Well, I'd love to visit... hmmm...

Wales, Russia, Brazil, Greece, all Europe :)

Japan :)
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

Zaduma

Postby Zaduma » 2004-02-10, 22:04

Well, not so long time ago I ws talking with my feiend about that. He asked me which country I would choose for the last travel of my life (if I would have a n inexhaustible number of money), and I said that... Russia. Why? Because this country is soooo big so I could visit ot for years. Because for me is so mysterious and unknown. Because it is a country of hundreds of nations, some of them are unknown for us, we don't know anything about their language or habits... Because it is a coubntry of wide spaces and wild nature. Because it has the deepest lake of the world with hundreds of endemic plants and animals. Because it is not only a monumental Petersburgh (i've seen it already) or Moscow. Camchatka (sorry no idea how to write it in English...), Ural mountains, deserts, Siberis, transsiberian railway... Mniam mniam!!!

Lada

Postby Lada » 2004-02-14, 13:43

Zaduma wrote:I said that... Russia. Why? Because this country is soooo big so I could visit ot for years. Because for me is so mysterious and unknown

and for me also :wink: travelling in Russia for me is like going abroad, the country is very different - you can find palm trees and permafrost you can see the mixture of europe and asia...

my friend was in Poland and she said that the most beautiful she saw in her life was the old Warszawa, so i d like to visit it :)
and of course France...my dream!

Śrāmaṇera

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2007-05-17, 12:32

I thought that would be Iceland but as I'm moving over there very soon... it must be now some places up north such as Greenland or Nunavut :)

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2007-05-17, 12:46

Turkey, not just Istanbul and touristical p laces, the whole country specially the Black Sea coast which i¡ve heard is absolutely beautiful.

Also, i'd like to visit Syria, Iran, India, Thailand, Cambodia... there's so much out there to visit !!!!
Not available

Almar

Postby Almar » 2007-05-17, 14:23

Russia, Southeastern Asia (Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam...), Finland, South Africa, Uruguay, Brazil, Panama, Canada, Greenland, Faroe Islands, Georgia and most of the Caucasus.
Last edited by Almar on 2007-05-17, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
asdf

Return to “Culture”