My First Isyan Original

This forum is intended for topics dealing with translations in conlangs.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Koko
My First Isyan Original

Postby Koko » 2015-04-18, 7:21

Sure I've written some stuff in Isyan and then translate it before, but all those times it was only a part of the story that was originally in Isyan. But here is a small little (it's 8 sentences) monologue of an old man who looks back on his most pleasurable moment.

O poes dievfone ney orna ondyeva josoe sijeyan. Copilna su jaboes cudsenie niĉar — entosaven oev kanniue josoen pyefosu. Atheya ynes copilnue abboe cypreykev. Dekuonar gueves jab piosu oejan koe. Atheyes nutdagaje.

Di sib sa poese oejan rarno ĉugnava! Sib haneĵoe ine hauveje ukacnobu yer! Sce-ci oue el ceinaye ou rarno danyos.

I saw it on the day when the moon took the sun's place in the sky. The sky looked like a canvas of black dust — the stars I could see were few that night. Light cut across the sky. It was rare to see such a sight. A shooting star.

Oh how I wish I could see it all again! What joy and inspiration would feel! But I shall never so great a sight again.

Literal translation (for fun; and in slightly proper English that reflects literal equivalents):

I saw it on the day when the moon didn't go to sleep. The sky to me was looking like black dust — the seen stars weren't many on tonight. Light became clear through the sky. Uncommon a thing like that was it to see. Cutting light.

Oh indeed do I wish to see it again! What euphoria and inspiration would I feel then! But-yet a sight O glory I shall never again see.

Please do translate ^^ I'd love to see it in say, Selvesc or abc's conlang (whose conlang's name I do not know) or Novbasa! Especially Halvian, but unfortunately I don't think Mentilliath has posted anywhere at all in the translations sub-forum >.> … :lol: But of course all other conlangs would be cool to read too ^^

Levike

Re: My First Isyan Original

Postby Levike » 2015-04-18, 16:24

Tébedáli ló ublome festi rolkó bea i ilóma tavrósti siróma galiló bea
I saw it on the day when the moon took the sun's place in the sky.
Galiló memút berló rubalkaló kolós éva — sirsút istit ublomé tébedáli kolós bea fest éla.
The sky looked like a canvas of black dust — the stars I could see were few that night.
Argandó galiló vis.
Light cut across the sky.
Marvs legósti blós aja ublót intler.
It was rare to see such a sight.
Siró usboltós.
A shooting star.

Ó katrom va aja ublom hír festi sisfóts!
Oh how I wish I could see it all again!
Jupósti meg lisgerdósti istit memú hír!
What joy and inspiration would feel!
Lúd íme óri rolkó bea ublom les legósti.
But I shall never so great a sight again.

Return to “Conlang Translations”