Armenian Resources?

Any language which does not have a specific forum can have a thread made for it here.
NorthOfNowhere
Armenian Resources?

Postby NorthOfNowhere » 2016-07-13, 22:37

Hello, does anyone here have any experience with learning Armenian? I am currently having a hard time finding any decent resources for the language. So far all I have got is Wiktionary and the Armenian course on Armeniapedia. Do you know of any good dictionaries, grammar references, or teaching books for the Armenian language (preferably Eastern dialect with modern orthography)?

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Armenian Resources?

Postby eskandar » 2016-07-14, 0:24

Check out this thread. It's kind of a mess, as there used to be an entire forum for Armenian which was all collapsed into that one thread, but there's a lot of great resources in it.
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Núria Harket

Postby Núria Harket » 2016-08-16, 20:16

Top8

Postby Top8 » 2017-01-24, 22:26

There are some books online but your biggest difficulty is going to be finding audio sources. Dora Sakayan has released two books, relatively recently, called Eastern Armenian for the English Speaking World and Western Armenian for the English Speaking World. The books both come with audio CDs consisting of Dialogues and exercises. I have the Eastern Armenian book and CD, and I would recommend it if you are willing to shell out the cash.

Here is a link to the Eastern Armenian PDF. Not sure if the audio is available online though :?

http://www.dss.am/images/menus/799/Arevelahayeren.pdf

NadjaCS

Postby NadjaCS » 2022-07-11, 20:03

The Armenian General Benevolent Union runs online classes for both Eastern and Western Armenian at their Armenian Virtual College. I have done the first beginner course and this program has real live human people involved, with all the good and the bad that comes with that. :-)

The software is somewhat basic and I am not sure about the pedagogical skills of the folks who wrote it but it's OK and at least at present, they are offering the classes free, so I am continuing for now until such time as I feel it's not helping me progress.

https://www.avc-agbu.org
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Other Languages”