Corsican (Corsu)

Any language which does not have a specific forum can have a thread made for it here.
IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Corsican (Corsu)

Postby IpseDixit » 2014-10-29, 20:43

Lowena wrote:Guys, stop nitpicking and play nice! :bastard:

Massimiliano meant Sardinian as spoken in the northern part of the island, not the most north you can get which is Corsican. Are we good now? :evil:

I kinda got that, but I was explaining to him that it's not what Saim has understood.

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2014-10-29, 21:18

I just meant that in those language lessons I've linked the language taught is probably the geographically "central" Sardinian and not the geographically southern Sardinian - that is, I didn't even mention the northern part part of the island, where the language spoken is southern Corsican - a language that can be called "northern Sardinian" only because of its geographical position.
Last edited by Massimiliano B on 2014-10-29, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Dette er nemlig Formelen, som beskriver Selvets Tilstand, naar Fortvivlelsen ganske er udryddet: i at forholde sig til sig selv, og i at ville være sig selv grunder Selvet gjennemsigtigt i den Magt, som satte det. (This is namely the formula, that describes the condition of the self, when despair is completely eradicated: by relating itself to itself, and by willing to be itself, the self is grounded transparently in the power which constituted it) (Søren Kierkegaard, The sickness unto death)

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 2014-10-29, 21:22

IpseDixit wrote:
Lowena wrote:Guys, stop nitpicking and play nice! :bastard:

Massimiliano meant Sardinian as spoken in the northern part of the island, not the most north you can get which is Corsican. Are we good now? :evil:

I kinda got that, but I was explaining to him that it's not what Saim has understood.

OK, good. :lol:

IpseDixit wrote:You can use this:

http://www.ditzionariu.org/home.asp?lang=sar

I did find that, which would probably be enough. I could foresee instances where I might not be able to find, say, a verb because I only know a conjugated form and not the infinitive, but I could probably figure it out.
Native:             (en-US)
Advanced:        (eu)
Just started:     (cs)
Trans woman  Image

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2014-10-29, 21:22

a language that can be called "northern Sardinian" only because of its geographical position.

Do you call the German spoken in South Tyrol Northern Italian? :wink:

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2014-10-29, 21:45

The Corsican languages of northern Sardinian are called "sassarese", "gallurese", etc. The people speaking those languages don't use the term "Corsican" to refer to their languages. That's why I wrote "northern Sardinian" - I was referring to the geographically northern part of Sardinia.
I've written a lot of times here that the very northern languages of Sardinia are Corsican.

Lowena, do you like the Corsican language(s)?
Dette er nemlig Formelen, som beskriver Selvets Tilstand, naar Fortvivlelsen ganske er udryddet: i at forholde sig til sig selv, og i at ville være sig selv grunder Selvet gjennemsigtigt i den Magt, som satte det. (This is namely the formula, that describes the condition of the self, when despair is completely eradicated: by relating itself to itself, and by willing to be itself, the self is grounded transparently in the power which constituted it) (Søren Kierkegaard, The sickness unto death)

Saim

Postby Saim » 2014-10-30, 9:43

Massimiliano B wrote:The Corsican languages of northern Sardinian are called Sassarese, olbiese, etc. The people speaking those languages don't use the term "Corsican" to refer to their languages. That's why I wrote "northern Sardinian" - I was referring to the geographically northern part of Sardinia.

Ho capito. Per me ancora suona un po' ambiguo (i non iniziati potrebbero trarre la concluzione che sono varietà del sardo - anche ho conosciuto una algheresa que mi ha detto che l'algherese e un "dialetto sardo con molte parole dello spagnolo" :roll: ) capisco a che ti refieri.

Itikar

Postby Itikar » 2014-11-22, 12:42

C'è addirittura chi lo chiama sardocorso, termine che includerebbe sia sassarese, sia gallurese, ma anche alcune parlate minori di transizione tra le due.

Per chi fosse interessato a codeste parlate qui c'è un bel corso in sassarese. :)
Fletto i muscoli e sono nel vuoto!
All corrections are welcome and appreciated.

melski

Postby melski » 2014-12-08, 11:28

Facebook is now available in Corsican :) :partyhat:

Well, there are still many English words, not everything has been translated yet... but still, that's great news !

................Native: French (fr) French
................Fluent: English (en) English , Italian (it) Italian
.........Intermediate: German (de) German, Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) Portuguese
.........Conversational: Catalan (ca) Catalan, Spanish (es) Spanish
....................Learning: Wallisian (East Uvean / faka'uvea) (wls) Wallisian (topic here)

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2015-02-15, 17:03

The second level of Corsican is now available here:

http://www.interromania.com/corsu-cismu ... /livellu-2

The variety is Corsu Cismunticu (spoken in the nNorthern part of the island).

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2017-03-07, 22:46

The whole Corsican language lessons (up to C2) are now available here:

http://www.interromania.com/corsu-cismu ... u/lezzioni

Here's a workbook

http://www.educorsica.fr/index.php/text ... i-a-lingua

Audio files are here:

http://www.educorsica.fr/index.php/list ... i-a-lingua

Return to “Other Languages”