Deutsch/Englisch-Maori Translation!

Moderators:aaakknu, atalarikt

Kaschyra
Deutsch/Englisch-Maori Translation!

Postby Kaschyra » 2010-05-13, 13:41

Hallo ihr Lieben!

In letzter Zeit beschäftige ich mich viel mit dem tollen Land Neu Seeland und der Sprache der Maori.
Nun bin ich auf diese Seite gestoßen und hoffe hier ein paar Neuseeländer zu treffen die mir bei der Maori Sprache ein bisschen behilflich sein könnten.
Darüber würde ich mich sehr freuen.
Ich habe auch gleich ein paar Sätze die ich gerne auf Maori wüsste.
Hier die Sätze:

* Was machst du gerade?
* Ich wünsch dir noch einen schönen Tag!
* Schlaf gut und süße Träume!
* Ich vermisse dich!
* Ich denke gerade an dich!
* Wie schön wäre es jetzt bei dir zu sein!
* Ich wünschte du wärst hier!

Vielen Dank schon mal!

Liebe Grüße
Kaschyra

------------------------

Hello everybody!

In the last time, i´m very interested about the land "New Zealand" and the language "Maori". I hope i can find here some New Zealand people who can help me a little bit with the maori language. This would be very nice! I already have some phrases, which i would like to have in Maori.
Here the phrases:

* What are you doing!
* Have a nice day / I wish you a nice day!
* Sleep well and sweet dreams!
* I miss you!
* I´m thinking of you!
* How nice it would be to be with you now!
* I wish you would be here!

Thank you!

Greatings
Kaschyra
"The only people you need in your life are the ones that need you in theirs"

Riptide

Re: Deutsch/Englisch-Maori Translation!

Postby Riptide » 2010-05-13, 23:16

I only know the first two. I'll try to look for the others if no one else knows how to say them.

1. Kei te aha koe?
2. Kia pai tō rā!
Unilang Language Codes
Skype chats (ask to be added):
Austronesian Languages, Romance Languages, and Main UL
Main Languages of focus: Costa Rican Spanish (es-cr) Spanish, Tagalog (tl) Tagalog, Malagasy (mg) Malagasy
Other Languages: Cebuano (ceb) Cebuano, Romanian (ro) Romanian

Kaschyra

Postby Kaschyra » 2010-05-14, 0:22

hey riptide,

but for the first...thank you very much for this. yea, have a look for the other phrases, that would be very nice.

i hope so much, that i can find some people who can and would like to help me with the maori language!

At the same time, i hope to find here some new zealand friends (of course i´m not only looking for new zealand friends :) ) for talking a little bit with them about new zealand, the language and about anything...

bye
Kaschyra

Kirikumees

Postby Kirikumees » 2010-05-14, 17:24

Wow, I've never really thought about how to say some of those things in Maori before, so I've given some ways of saying them that aren;t direct translations., but sort of similar in meaning:

Was machst du gerade?

Kei te aha koe inaaianei?

* Ich wünsch dir noch einen schönen Tag!
I don't know whether people use this too much. they're more likely to say "Kia pai tau haerenga" or just "Haere raa" for someone who is leaving.

* Schlaf gut und süße Träume!
Kia pai te moe! I've never heard sweet dreams said in Maori though. Maybe would be "kia pai too moemoeaa

* Ich vermisse dich!
Kei te piirangi au ki a koe.

* Ich denke gerade an dich!
Kei te whakaaro moou inaaianei.

* Wie schön wäre es jetzt bei dir zu sein!
Ki te noho au i too taha, te pai hoki!

* Ich wünschte du wärst hier!
Ki te noho koe i koonei he hoa mooku, ka pai.

I've put double vowels in because I can;t do the macrons (tohu too) on this computer.

This is a very popular dictionary, and quite useful
http://www.learningmedia.co.nz/ngata/

Kaschyra

Postby Kaschyra » 2010-05-15, 12:29

Thank you very much kirikumees!

so, why do you never thought how to say these phrases in maori? is this unnormal in the maori language? and can every read your maori phrases now, i mean the people who can maori, or is it diffrent between the tribes?
your phrases mean not exactly this what i have wrote in english...but it is similar, ok. can you not translate english things exactly in maori?

* Have a nice day / I wish you a nice day: why the people in nz dont use this? and what does your phrase mean now?
* sweet dreams: you never said this in maori? why? is this not common in maori? what do you say then? but your phrase mean now "sleep well and sweet dreams"? or something else?
* and what is with my other phrases which do you have now translated...mean your phrases now something else or similar to my phrases? and when it is similar, could you say your maori phrases in english please, that i can see what does it mean now?

mh, i dont know what do you mean with that you have used the vowels instead of the macrons...because i can nothing in maori :). what do you mean with this? would the phrases look diffrent when you would use the macrons? and would the phrases then mean something else?

oh so sorry because my questions...but i´m realy interessed about this :)

i think this will be not my last questions ^-^

i hope i can learn a little bit maori and at the same time i can learn more english :D!

and thanks for the dictionary...do you know a translator where i can put phrases and they give my good answers? but i think it will be better when i ask the people who can the language.

bye
Kaschyra

Return to “Australian, Austronesian and Papuan Languages”