Kreyol e-textbook

księżycowy
Kreyol e-textbook

Postby księżycowy » 2006-11-23, 20:01

There is a good book for learning Kreyol here
It is somewhat dated, but it is a good book, in fact this is what I'm using to learn Kreyol right now. The only complant I have is that they do not give much vocabulary for the dialogues. Still it's an excellent book!

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2006-11-23, 21:59

A few things are different than the way that I would say them (most notably, the title 'ann(OU) pale kreyol' ; but otherwise it looks great. :) Let me know if you need any assistance - I will try to be of help, if possible. :wink:
Actively learning: ImageImageOn the back burner but in love with:ImageImage A life-long endeavor: Image

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2006-11-24, 0:52

Sisyphe wrote:A few things are different than the way that I would say them (most notably, the title 'ann(OU) pale kreyol' ; but otherwise it looks great. :) Let me know if you need any assistance - I will try to be of help, if possible. :wink:

Thanks, I'll be sure to ask whenever I need help!

Jofi-a

Postby Jofi-a » 2007-01-09, 19:24

Also, keep in mind that this is a currently used and copyrighted textbook. It is not cheap (especially if you get the accompanying tapes). Just FYI...

Jofi-a

Postby Jofi-a » 2007-01-10, 23:02

Some other online/downloadable tools are:

FreeLang Haitian Creole Dictionary- http://www.freelang.net/dictionary/haitian_creole.html
(download both files and run them... select the same folder and vwala!... instructions are on the site. It is also expandable!)

Wikipedia- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Creole_language
(Good overall view of the language and grammar- Wish I'd found it before I built my own version from what I could find in Turnbull and online fro Haiti)

My other starting place (next to Wally)-
http://www.travelinghaiti.com/haitian_kreyol.asp
(this gave me a starting point for vocab/phrases and grammar)

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2007-03-09, 20:40

Thank you for your addition David112358, :D èskè w'ap aprann kreyòl ayisyen? ;) (Are you learning Haïtian Créole?)
Actively learning: ImageImageOn the back burner but in love with:ImageImage A life-long endeavor: Image

david112358

Postby david112358 » 2007-03-09, 21:59

Sisyphe,

Wi, m ta vle pale kreyol meye. M konn pale yon ti kreyol paske madam-mwen te ansennye-m sa, men gen anpil bagay m pa konnen di, e m'pa konnen si sa-m di bon.

Se pou sa m gen tan cheche liv pou ede-mwen. Fok tande kreyol pou aprann bon rononsyasyon. Eskou konnen ki kote fich odyo sou entenet-la pou tande?

Mesi lotfwa.

David112358

Return to “Creoles and Pidgins”