Basic Welsh Course

Moderator:kevin

Llawygath
Re: Basic Welsh Course

Postby Llawygath » 2012-09-29, 18:56

Aw, I didn't kill this thread, did I? *sigh* I guess I offended everybody off here. I really didn't mean to! :(

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2012-09-29, 20:13

Llawygath wrote:Aw, I didn't kill this thread, did I?

It's been quiet, what, four days? After having been dormant for over three years? I think you might be too quick to assume the worst.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Llawygath

Postby Llawygath » 2012-09-29, 20:17

linguoboy wrote:
Llawygath wrote:Aw, I didn't kill this thread, did I?

It's been quiet, what, four days? After having been dormant for over three years? I think you might be too quick to assume the worst.
I might be. I suppose I should really look at post dates more -- if I'd done so, I would have realized that this thread had been dormant for three-some years. But really, four days is kind of a long time for a discussion to be quiet, or I'm no judge of online discussions.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2012-09-29, 21:00

Llawygath wrote:But really, four days is kind of a long time for a discussion to be quiet, or I'm no judge of online discussions.

I really think that depends on the type of discussion. That's ages for a hot-button social or political issue. But for an ongoing language-learning thread? It's not bad, really. There's tonnes that Yng and I could post about, but there's not much point in posting anything without knowing what your audience is ready to assimilate. This thread is a good place to put longer explanations that grow out of the Croeso i'r Gymraeg thread, and as such you'd expect it to be somewhat less active.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Llawygath

Postby Llawygath » 2012-09-30, 1:09

linguoboy wrote:
Llawygath wrote:But really, four days is kind of a long time for a discussion to be quiet, or I'm no judge of online discussions.

I really think that depends on the type of discussion. That's ages for a hot-button social or political issue. But for an ongoing language-learning thread? It's not bad, really. There's tonnes that Yng and I could post about, but there's not much point in posting anything without knowing what your audience is ready to assimilate.
Nack? If your audience had read the entire thread, then they would be ready to assimilate whatever was roughly at the level of the chweched wers, ond ydyn?
linguoboy wrote:This thread is a good place to put longer explanations that grow out of the Croeso i'r Gymraeg thread, and as such you'd expect it to be somewhat less active.
True.

YngNghymru

Postby YngNghymru » 2012-10-01, 6:21

Yes yes all is forgiven etc, if there was anything to forgive in the first place

As Linguoboy says - other than producing another lesson, which when you have a coursebook to work through seems not that worthwhile, this thread serves little purpose except for explanations of phenomena discussed in the other thread. I'm happy to explain things if you want them explaining, but there's a lot to talk about and I've got nothing particularly eager waiting to be aired.
[flag]en[/flag] native| [flag]cy[/flag] mwy na chdi | [flag]fr[/flag] plus d'un petit peu| [flag]ar[/flag] ليتي استطعت

ég sef á sófanum!

Return to “Celtic Languages”