Grønlandsk for begyndere III

deardron
Grønlandsk for begyndere III

Postby deardron » 2009-03-29, 19:44

Aluu everyone!

Last months I've been doing the Danish textbook "Grønlandsk for begyndere" I-II and I'm soon completing volume 2. Hence the question, what about volume 3? I'm seeing it nowhere, although the author of the book mentions a few times in volume 2 that this or that feature will be covered in detail in volume 3. Was volume 3 published at all?

nighean-neonach

Re: Grønlandsk for begyndere III

Postby nighean-neonach » 2009-03-29, 21:38

deardron wrote:Was volume 3 published at all?

Nope it wasn't. Probably due to lack of interest, or money problems.
Writing poetry in: Scottish Gaelic, German, English.
Reading poetry in: Latin, Old Irish, French, Ancient Greek, Old Norse.
Talking to people in the shop in: Lithuanian, Norwegian, Irish Gaelic, Saami.
Listening to people talking in the shop in: Icelandic, Greenlandic, Finnish.

deardron

Postby deardron » 2009-03-30, 22:33

Or may be the sponsors got annoyed with the old orthography? The first 2 volumes are so comprehensive that it's a real shame the publication didn't continue.

nighean-neonach

Postby nighean-neonach » 2009-03-31, 7:40

Indeed. I'm a bit annoyed about myself for having stopped learning Greenlandic at some point :( Those books were really good, especially in combination with the more modern and colloquial stuff like "Qaagit". I should really sit down and look at all that stuff again. I even remember writing mails in Greenlandic to book dealers there, etc.
Writing poetry in: Scottish Gaelic, German, English.
Reading poetry in: Latin, Old Irish, French, Ancient Greek, Old Norse.
Talking to people in the shop in: Lithuanian, Norwegian, Irish Gaelic, Saami.
Listening to people talking in the shop in: Icelandic, Greenlandic, Finnish.

limoneneis

Postby limoneneis » 2009-12-17, 15:12

Does anybody know where I can get "Grønlandsk for begyndere" I and II? I'm through with Qaagit and the Qanoq grammar books and it would be really good to have another textbook. I have looked at Amazon and Ebay and the Greenlandic bookstores where I got the other books, but I couldn't find it. I have also started to read a children's book (Malup aasarsiornera) but it's really hard and I have to look up almost every word :oops: :D . I would really like to have another textbook that builds on Qaagit and that helps you go through everything step by step because it's so hard to figure out everything on your own. :yep:

Tukkumminnguaq

Postby Tukkumminnguaq » 2009-12-17, 21:49

limoneneis wrote:Does anybody know where I can get "Grønlandsk for begyndere" I and II? I'm through with Qaagit and the Qanoq grammar books and it would be really good to have another textbook. I have looked at Amazon and Ebay and the Greenlandic bookstores where I got the other books, but I couldn't find it. I have also started to read a children's book (Malup aasarsiornera) but it's really hard and I have to look up almost every word :oops: :D . I would really like to have another textbook that builds on Qaagit and that helps you go through everything step by step because it's so hard to figure out everything on your own. :yep:

trying in another country/location, if i dont know you can order to another country to your home...

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/7278018
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/45096429

I know it is hard to find other libraries bookstore but i can ask Greenlander person if s/he would find the book in Greenland and let you know. i would ask him/her whats Greenland's library name and website, i'll let u know
[flag]en-ca[/flag][flag]sgn[/flag][flag]iu[/flag][flag]kl[/flag][flag]ale[/flag]
[flag]qu[/flag][flag]tr[/flag][flag]yrk[/flag][flag]evn[/flag][flag]ckt[/flag][flag]itl[/flag]

[̲̅̅N̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅b̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅d̲̅][̲̅̅y̲̅] [̲̅̅K̲̅][̲̅̅n̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅w̲̅][̲̅̅s̲̅][̲̅̅.̲̅] [̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅i̲̅][̲̅̅f̲̅][̲̅̅e̲̅] [̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅s̲̅] [̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅h̲̅][̲̅̅e̲̅][̲̅̅y̲̅] [̲̅̅K̲̅][̲̅̅n̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅w̲̅] [̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅t̲̅][̲̅̅.̲̅]

limoneneis

Postby limoneneis » 2009-12-17, 23:35

Thank you, Tukkumminnguaq! I had a look at your links. There doesn't seem to be a library that has it in Germany though, and I don't think they would send it here. However, I found another link to an online bookstore:

http://www.g.dk/bog/groenlandsk-for-beg ... 717023635#

They seem to have it, so I'll try to order it from there.
[flag=]kl[/flag][flag=]ja[/flag]

deardron

Postby deardron » 2010-01-04, 18:01

Hope you've succeeded to find "Grønlandsk for begyndere", Limoneneis. It can't be regarded as any kind of supplement to Qaagit, as it's something on its own. A very good practise with grammar and the old orthography it uses makes you understand various things that are overshadowed in today's orthography.

limoneneis

Postby limoneneis » 2010-04-05, 10:50

I just received "Grønlandsk for begyndere I & II". I ended up ordering the two books from

http://www.atheneum.dk

since the other site would not ship books to Germany.

I have started the first few lessons and it looks like really good grammar practise, although the first lessons seem rather easy, but it is still good for repetition. It also has all the answers at the end of the book.

It also mentions two cassettes, does anybody know if they are still available?
[flag=]kl[/flag][flag=]ja[/flag]

deardron

Postby deardron » 2010-04-17, 18:57

No, although I'd like to get these recordings myself.

Return to “North American Indigenous Languages”