Greenlandic film: Qaamarngup uummataa / Lystes hjerte

nighean-neonach

Postby nighean-neonach » 2007-12-05, 19:26

My copy of the film arrived a few days ago, and I watched it last night. It was so sad... and beautiful.
Writing poetry in: Scottish Gaelic, German, English.
Reading poetry in: Latin, Old Irish, French, Ancient Greek, Old Norse.
Talking to people in the shop in: Lithuanian, Norwegian, Irish Gaelic, Saami.
Listening to people talking in the shop in: Icelandic, Greenlandic, Finnish.

Fränzi

Postby Fränzi » 2007-12-06, 5:40

It is a great film. It's one of those I try not to watch to much, for fear of becoming bored with it.

And interesting point to note: The main character (Rasmus Lyberth) is actually a musician in real-life, with several albums out.

Irusia

Re:

Postby Irusia » 2016-01-25, 22:46

nighean-neonach wrote:Well, I've never learned any Danish, but Norwegian, so I can read most of the Danish stuff alright. It should not be too difficult for an English speaker to get a good grasp of the written language - spoken Danish is a different thing.

I do not understand Danish at all. English is not my native language, and except it I do not know any other Germanic language, that is why it's hard for me. So I should learn some Danish before I begin with Greenlandic :)
 (uk) Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
 (en) Entrust your work to the Lord, and your planning will succeed. (Proverbs 16, 3)
 (et) Veereta oma tööd Issanda peale,
siis su kavatsused lähevad korda. (Õpetussõnad 16, 3)
 (es) Pon en manos del Señor todas tus obras, y tus proyectos se cumplirán. (Proverbios 16, 3)

Return to “North American Indigenous Languages”