Goals for Week 3/5-3/11
- Finnish Lesson 3 and Review Lessons 1-3 in 「みんなの日本語１」
- Complete Units 5, 7 & 8 in Basic Japanese by Hamano & Tsujioka*
- Listen to and Read at least one news story from NHK**
- Complete Lesson 4 in 「みんなの日本語１」 by 3A [optional]
- Input backlog of grammar cards into Anki
- Review and finish Gen 22:1-14, Start Gen 28:10-29:10***
- Complete Lessons 20-25 in Biblical Hebrew by Kittel, et al. [optional]
- Finnish Lessons 3 & 4 and Review Lessons 1-4 in Teach Yourself Irish by Dillon & Ó Cróinín
- Listen to at least one program on TG4**
- Complete Lessons 5-6 in Teach Yourself Irish by Dillion & Ó Cróinín [optional]
*I'll review Units 7 & 8 in Hamano & Tsujioka and do the exercises. I didn't finish they yet. I'm not really committing these Units to memory yet, by the way. Just reading them and getting a sense for the grammar explanations at this point. I fully expect to keep going back to the grammar/workbook over the course of my study.
**Depending on the difficulty of the news article(s)/program(s), I'm not expecting to translate. Just to listen (and read), maybe even notice a few things along the way. I sure as hell don't expect to translate an Irish program!
And I know this (potentially) deviates a bit from my "Munster only" approach thus far. I figure any Irish is good, even though my focus will still be on Munster. The deeper I get, the more I'll have to deal with the other dialects and the CO anyway. Any recommendations are welcome!
***Only Gen 28:10-18 will be done this week, which will get me caught up with the reading assignments up to lesson 20 in Kittel, et al.