2016-2017 blog - księżyc

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: ''', Global Moderators, Forum Administrators

księżycowy

Re: 2016-2017 blog - księżyc

Postby księżycowy » 2017-03-19, 13:42

I'm thinking it's a good opportunity to have a review week. And, depending on how that goes, I may move on to the next lesson(s) in the respective textbooks.

Goals for Week 3/5-3/11
    Japanese
  • Finnish Lesson 3 and Review Lessons 1-3 in 「みんなの日本語1」
  • Complete Units 5, 7 & 8 in Basic Japanese by Hamano & Tsujioka*
  • Listen to and Read at least one news story from NHK**
  • Complete Lesson 4 in 「みんなの日本語1」 by 3A [optional]

Hebrew
  • Input backlog of grammar cards into Anki
  • Review and finish Gen 22:1-14, Start Gen 28:10-29:10***
  • Complete Lessons 20-25 in Biblical Hebrew by Kittel, et al. [optional]

Irish
  • Finnish Lessons 3 & 4 and Review Lessons 1-4 in Teach Yourself Irish by Dillon & Ó Cróinín
  • Listen to at least one program on TG4**
  • Complete Lessons 5-6 in Teach Yourself Irish by Dillion & Ó Cróinín [optional]

*I'll review Units 7 & 8 in Hamano & Tsujioka and do the exercises. I didn't finish they yet. I'm not really committing these Units to memory yet, by the way. Just reading them and getting a sense for the grammar explanations at this point. I fully expect to keep going back to the grammar/workbook over the course of my study.

**Depending on the difficulty of the news article(s)/program(s), I'm not expecting to translate. Just to listen (and read), maybe even notice a few things along the way. I sure as hell don't expect to translate an Irish program!
And I know this (potentially) deviates a bit from my "Munster only" approach thus far. I figure any Irish is good, even though my focus will still be on Munster. The deeper I get, the more I'll have to deal with the other dialects and the CO anyway. Any recommendations are welcome!

***Only Gen 28:10-18 will be done this week, which will get me caught up with the reading assignments up to lesson 20 in Kittel, et al.
Last edited by księżycowy on 2017-03-19, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

księżycowy

Re: 2016-2017 blog - księżyc

Postby księżycowy » 2017-03-19, 14:35

So, I was just poking around TG4 a bit this morning, and I think I'll watch some of those shorts on TG4 Foghliam. They have transcripts, so I can follow along. Not that I won't stick in the occasional episode from one of their other programs.

I was watching what appeared to be a 1/2-hour drama for a bit. They kept flavoring their Irish with English words and phrases. I imagine this is quite typical now-a-days.

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”