Alrighty, let's see how I did!Goals for Week 3/5-3/11
- Complete Lesson 3 in 「みんなの日本語」 [Beginner I] by 3A ✔
- Complete Unit 5 in Basic Japanese by Hamano & Tsujioka ? (see below)
- Complete Lessons 16-20 in Biblical Hebrew by Kittel, et al. ✔
- Complete Lessons 3-4 in Teach Yourself Irish by Dillion & Ó Cróinín ✔
Japanese- I honestly can't remember if I did Unit 5 in Basic Japanese or not. I did read some of Units 7 & 8 though.
I count that as success. I did everything except for the exercises and workbook exercises for Lesson 3 of MnN. The speakers on the audio usually speak at regular speed, so I do have to replay the audio quite a few times to catch everything (which is to be expected at my current level), I think that's why I slowed down a bit this week. My biggest weekness at this point is numbers, and numbers with counters. Which, due to the way that MnN handles numbers (as an appendix in the back of the book!
), is no fault of mine.
Hebrew- I went through all the lessons I wanted to do. I'm still getting caught up on the assigned reading, but I'm not as concerned about that. So long as I keep 'em moving. Right now I'm reading Gen 22:1-14 (which was assigned over lessons 13-17). I've completed verses 1-10 so far. I think I might start posting my translations and glosses/parsing over in my Hebrew Readings
thread. [Damn it, I shouldn't have started poking around the ACEL sub-forum, it's making wanderlust for other Ancient/Classical languages....]
Irish- I'm feeling quite comfortable with the Irish to English exercises. I'm still learning all the verb forms given so far, as well as remembering noun declensions now too.
Yearly goal check in bound:Year-End Goals
- Complete Lessons 1-55 and Review lessons 1-8* in Biblical Hebrew by Kittel, et al. 20/55, 5/8, 40% Complete
- Read Biblical Texts
- Complete Lessons 1-25 in 「みんなの日本語」 Minna No Nihongo [Beginner I] (Main text and Supp.) by 3A 3/24, 12% Complete
- Complete Lessons X-25 in 「みんなの日本語」 Minna no Nihongo [Beginner II] (Main Text and Supp.) by 3A
- Complete Units 1-25 in Basic Japanese by Hamano & Tsujioka 6/25, 24% Complete
- Read/Listen to/Watch news stories from NHK News Web Easy
- Complete Lessons 1-8 in Reading Japanese by Jorden & Chaplin [optional] 0.5/8, 6% Complete
- Read from Breaking into Japanese Literature, ed. Murray [optional]
- Complete Lessons 1-43 in Living German by Buckley, ed. Coggle
- Complete Units 1-29 in Basic German by Schenke, et, al.
- Read from New Penguin Parallel Short Stories in German, ed. Zillkens
- Complete Lessons 1-30 in First Year Polish (Main text & supp.) by Swan
- Complete Units 1-40 in Basic Polish by Bielec
- Read from Fifteen Modern Polish Short Stories, ed. Schenker
- Complete Lessons 1-27 in Teach Yourself Irish by Dillon & Ó Cróinín 4/27, 15% Complete
- Read Munster literature (maybe some Ua Laoghaoire)
- Read sections relevant to Munster Irish in Modern Irish by Ó Siadhail
- Read from Teanga Bheo: Corca Dhuibhne by Ó Sé [optional]
- Read from Gaeilge Chorca Dhuibhne by Ó Sé [optional]
*I feel like I'm always forgetting a review chapter in Kittel, et al. This time it was the chapter entitled The Noun
, found between Lessons 24 & 25. Oh, and I forgot it has 6 Review lessons (which are actually called "Review Lessons"), so yeah....Let's see what I forget next week!