TAC 2014-Pandora7-GermanSpanishRussian

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

Pandora7
TAC 2014-Pandora7-GermanSpanishRussian

Postby Pandora7 » 2014-04-24, 2:17

I'm spending about an hour total per day on maintaining my Spanish and German. Both are in the B2-C1 range. I'm maintaining by reading, listening, watching, conversing and a very minimum of writing. When an interesting word or phrase catches my attention, I might look up a definition or look up the grammar structure. I can comfortably use monolingual reference materials at this point. I am terribly lazy when it comes to writing. :oops:

This year, I'm focusing on slooowly learning Russian from scratch (about 90 minutes per day). Since January, I have learned to read and write the alphabet, and basic grammar and vocabulary (200 words or so). I'm using Pimsleur and a variety of other materials such as high school text books, Russian World youtube videos, etc.

My goal at the end of this year is to be at a solid A2 level. Russian is beautiful and interesting, but definitely a challenge. Knowing German helps.

I also have a TAC log on HTLAL as BAnna.

Pandora7

Re: TAC 2014-Pandora7-GermanSpanishRussian

Postby Pandora7 » 2014-05-01, 5:09

Just started Assimil in Russian, and am off to a bit of a rocky start, but realize I need to tweak it to make it work for me. I'm also using a traditional grammar-heavy textbook (I actually really like it) and Pimsleur.

For German and Spanish, my level is such that I just read books, watch films, etc. and only look up grammar structures or vocabulary occasionally. In order to really master these, I should probably do more intensive study, but Russian is taking up all my taste for that sort of thing at the moment.

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”