TAC 2014 -- Utopist -- AR/DE/FR

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

Utopist
TAC 2014 -- Utopist -- AR/DE/FR

Postby Utopist » 2014-01-04, 12:09

Well, I've decided to open this thread so as to become more consistent in my language studies.

As for my goals and objectives, they are as follows:
[flag=]ar[/flag] Arabic
Since this is the language I'm mostly focused on in my studies, I won't have any particular programme of studying, that is I should just do my assignment and be 'mujtahid' enough :D Anyway, I'm eager to reach an upper-intermediate level by September.
Textbooks and reference books are:
Яковенко Э. В. Арабский язык для продолжающих. Том 1, 2. (we have already completed the first volume)
Mohammad T. Alhawary. Modern Standard Arabic Grammar: a Learner's Guide
Karin C. Ryding. A Reference Grammar of Modern Standard Arabic
My goal: B1 --> B2-C1

[flag=]de[/flag] German
As regards this language, things are way more complicated since I have almost no time I can afford to spend on it. Anyway, I'll do my best to somehow brush up on my knowledge, as I once had a B2.1 level but due to lack of practice for more than a year, I'm probably a A2 speaker. I've forgotten a great number of words.
My objectives: write as many posts on Lang-8 as possible; refresh my grammar knowledge (thanks God, I've got a lot of reference books); do a lot of exercises from my PingPong Neu 3 textbook; listen to German songs so as to improve my comprehension skills.
My goals: A2 --> B1-B2 (unlikely but still)

[flag=]fr[/flag] French
I've started to learn this language in October as an elective course at university. We've got 2 classes a week but the efficiency is quite low, since our teacher tends to give us a lot of material that is not intended for us. We don't have any 'stable' course programme, however, it is better to be exposed to various 'stuff' from the very beginning.
My objectives: take all advantages of Lang-8; work through our 'Manuel de français' Попова И. Н., Казакова Ж. А., Ковальчук Г. М. and 'Le français.ru A1. Учебник французского языка' Александровская Е. Б., Читахова Л. Л., Лосева Н. В.; learn grammar, enrich my vocabulary.
My goal:A1 --> A2

I'll try to improve my English as well :ohwell:
My languages : [flag=]az[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] || [flag=]en[/flag] (C1) [flag=]tr[/flag] (~B2) [flag=]ar[/flag](B2) || [flag=]de[/flag](A2) [flag=]fr[/flag](A1)
Interested in: Arabic, German, French, Persian, Hebrew

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”