TAC 2014 - Keystone - ES, MK, SQ

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

Keystone
TAC 2014 - Keystone - ES, MK, SQ

Postby Keystone » 2013-12-26, 0:10

I tried a TAC last year but didn't get anywhere because I had just started university and didn't know what to expect or how to manage time, but now I'm ready to give it another run this year. I'm going with three languages, one of which I will be taking classes for, so I at least can't ignore that one! I'll try to keep this updated every week or two, and will probably start before January 1.

[flag=]mx[/flag] I only started learning Spanish in the fall but have been picking it up very quickly, probably because I'm actually really motivated to learn it. I'd put myself on the border between A2 and B1 at the moment, but I'm taking Intermediate Spanish this upcoming semester so I have to catch up a bit. By the end of the year I'd like to be at the B2/C1 level.

[flag=]mk[/flag] I lived in Macedonia for several years but never picked up more than a basic understanding of the language. I plan to use Christina Kramer's Macedonian: A Course for Beginner and Intermediate Students, which looks to be a very good book, for learning structure. I also have other resources for the language (dictionaries, poems, etc.), and I have some favorite bands in Macedonian that I listen to frequently. I just need to get started and I think my love of Macedonia will take me the rest of the way.

[flag=]sq[/flag] I have an intermediate knowledge of Albanian grammar and vocabulary already, but I haven't studied the language in over a year, so I'm getting a little rusty. In addition, my listening and speaking skills are quite poor. I plan to go back through my textbooks and shake off the rust, and then try to improve my listening through Albanian media, programs, songs, etc. I also purchased a lot of books in Albanian before I left the country, so I can read those to help raise the bar.
Native: [flag=]en-US[/flag]
Planning to learn: Lithuanian (lt) Russian (ru)
At least A2 in: Macedonian (mk)Albanian (sq)Latin American Spanish (es-MX)Huehue (pt-BR)Metropolitan (fr)

johnklepac

Re: TAC 2014 - Keystone - ES, MK, SQ

Postby johnklepac » 2013-12-28, 0:15

You don't see those last two too often on Unilang. Interesting picks.

Keystone

Re: TAC 2014 - Keystone - ES, MK, SQ

Postby Keystone » 2014-01-11, 22:22

I purchased my textbook for Spanish class this semester. It looks pretty solid. I'll also keep using last semester's textbook for review. My first class is Monday, looking forward to it. I've also been using Duolingo to keep my Spanish vocab up to date, it's actually very useful.

I'll probably wait a week or two before beginning my self-study of Macedonian and Albanian. I'd like to get the lay of the land of my classes before jumping into personal side projects. When I have my study/homework routine for classes down, I can accommodate the other languages. But I am technically ready to begin. Purchased a few notebooks for writing. I'll be using Kramer's aforementioned Macedonian course and Discovering Albanian 1 by Linda Mëniku for structure.
Native: [flag=]en-US[/flag]
Planning to learn: Lithuanian (lt) Russian (ru)
At least A2 in: Macedonian (mk)Albanian (sq)Latin American Spanish (es-MX)Huehue (pt-BR)Metropolitan (fr)

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”