TAC 13/14 - Ashrak

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

Ashrak
TAC 13/14 - Ashrak

Postby Ashrak » 2013-11-28, 8:11

So i'm back :-) After my disastrous TAC 2012 (which i managed to hold onto through April), that failed due to my commitments at University/Work and Voluntary Work, I'll try new TAC this/next year. I don't want to wait till the end of December so I'm starting now, so that i have something to track my progress and to motivate me throughout my studies (I need to look back to see how bad i was, to see my progress to stay motivated). This years languages are:

[flag=]eu[/flag]
I've been trying to learn this language in the past two years. I've always started, got demotivated, forgotten all and started again. This year I'm gonna try to break that loop and get past lesson 8 on ikasten :-) Starting level: A0, goal: A2 (it's maybe far fetched, but let's see).
Materials: ikasten.net, basque music, EITB

[flag=]es[/flag]
This is the same case as with basque :-)
Starting level: A1(ish), goal: A2
Materials: Nuevo Ven 1,2 (goes up to B1)

[flag=]sv[/flag]
I've been wanderlusting for this language for far too long, so i've finally decided to learn i, hopefully i don't end up mixing it with german.
Starting level: A0, goal: No idea, let's see how far i can get
Materials: http://www.onlineswedish.com/main.php, and will search for a proper TY book :-)

The next two languages have absolutely no priority (or i will be exposed more than enough to those), so I'll see how far i get.

[flag=]de[/flag]
I am now C1-C2ish level, i feel fairly confident in day-to-day situations, I'm even getting my accent right 90% of the time. But i'm still insecure in using the correct articles for nouns. My goal is to get to native level in the next two years, so that i can get my master degree.
Starting Level: C1-C2ish, Goal: native
Learning materials: Living and working in Munich

[flag=]grc[/flag]
I always wanted to learn one of the "ancient" languages. I don't like the sound of latin, whereas i heard some spoken ancient greek (not sure which one though) and i liked it :)
Starting level: A0, Goal: Absolute none, let's how much time i have
Learning materials: Mastronarde's book - Introduction to Attic Greek
native: [flag=]cs[/flag]
almost native(C2 level): [flag=]en[/flag][flag=]de[/flag]
understand natively, but not speak much:[flag=]sk[/flag]
just started: [flag=]eu[/flag][flag=]es[/flag]
interested in: [flag=]sv[/flag][flag=]he[/flag][flag=]ja[/flag][flag=]grc[/flag]

Ashrak

Re: TAC 13/14 - Ashrak

Postby Ashrak » 2013-11-29, 17:21

[flag=]de[/flag]
I finally got Konjuktiv I und II sorted in my head, i've been always using the II naturally without thinking about it, and was quite confused in newspaper about Konjuktiv I (even though i understood what was conveyed by it). Next i have to sort out my Adjective declination, i do by feeling now, and that fails sometimes :(

[flag=]eu[/flag]
Finished first two lesson on ikasten this week. Learning vocabulary (through Anki) for lessons 1-4 (to be a bit ahead)
interested in: [flag=]sv[/flag][flag=]he[/flag][flag=]ja[/flag][flag=]grc[/flag]

Ashrak

Postby Ashrak » 2014-11-19, 10:14

This has been a bad year having a few deaths in family, so I didn't have really time for languages. I made some progress though:

[flag=]de[/flag]
I'm still making mistakes in conjugating adjectives, but according to people around me I'm steadily loosing my accent, so I've got that going for me.

[flag=]es[/flag]
I'm making slow but steady progress, standing right before the next big Topic: Past tenses :-)

I sadly didn't have time for other languages let's see further :-)

Ashrak

Postby Ashrak » 2014-11-21, 11:13

[flag=]es[/flag]
I've just taken a placement test for a language school and got placed into first half of A2 course, which means I'm solid A1 now. The plan is to do a Full new skill a day on Duolingo and a chapter a week in Nuevo Ven (my Anki deck has solid 700 words and growing due to frequent whatsapp conversations with my Mexican friend)

[flag=]is[/flag]
I'm gonna need to pick up Icelandic for a while as I booked cheap flight tickets for Iceland next summer and i want to be able to speak on basic level.

Level: A0 (although i speak 2 other Germanic languages, that does count right? [yeah i know it doesn. that icelandic is too different from german and english])
Materials: http://icelandiconline.is/

So, let's see how jugling two languages in the little time i have will be

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”