TAC 2013 guenterpolo [French, Croatian, Swedish]

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

guenterpolo
TAC 2013 guenterpolo [French, Croatian, Swedish]

Postby guenterpolo » 2013-01-28, 20:19

Hello! I am focusing on these languages listed above for this year to a respective B2, B2, and A2 level. Currently, I am using duolingo for my french but am not sure where to go after I finish that. I think I will purchase a couple short dual language books, but after that where should I go?

Also, how do I begin to study Croatian and Swedish? Should I use Pimsleur for them, or is their a more cost-effective and reading? way to study them? Thank you for any and all help!

Hola! Yo estoy enfocar en estas lenguas enumerados anteriormente para este año a un respectivo B2, B2, y A1 nivel. Ahora, uso Duolingo para estudiar Frances pero yo no se donde vas despues de yo termino ese. Yo pienso que comprarè algunos libros lengua dual, pero despues de eso donde vas?

Tambièn, como yo empiezo estudiar Croatian y Swedish? Debo usar Pimsleur paralas, o hay un mas econòmico y leer estudiar esos? Muchas gracias para cualquier ayuda!

(I hope that is a good spanish translation, feel free to point out my mistakes: I'm sure there are many!)
Native: [flag=]en[/flag]
B1-B2: [flag=]nl[/flag][flag=]es[/flag]

Corrections are welcome!

Nukalurk

Re: TAC 2013 guenterpolo [French, Croatian, Swedish]

Postby Nukalurk » 2013-01-28, 23:25

Pimsleur is basically an extremely expensive phrasebook which doesn’t teach anything but a few standard phrases like where to find the toilet.

You don’t learn any grammar. They don’t explain why certain phrases are the way they are. You are simply supposed to parrot the words they speak.

Considering how expensive their stuff is, you should better opt for something else.

In my opinion, Pimsleur, Rosetta Stone and the like just offer the illusion of learning when in fact you don’t learn anything at all.

Good luck with your goals! :)

guenterpolo

Re: TAC 2013 guenterpolo [French, Croatian, Swedish]

Postby guenterpolo » 2013-02-23, 3:16

UPDATE:

French is coming along quite well! I am currently level 9 on Duolingo, and my reading skills are very good for only studying for about a month and a half! Writing, on the other hand, isn't coming along as well, and pronunciation-well, I can say it definitely needs some work.

Croatian was a little late off the starting block, but now I'm getting good lessons every day. I am using this blog- http://basic-croatian.blogspot.com/2009 ... tures.html and I just ordered my 'Complete Croatian' book from Amazon 3 days ago.

I'm having a little trouble with Swedish, but I'm looking to be able to study it a little more after my High School Swim season ends. Does anyone know any good resources to study from? Thanks.

Arabic! This wasn't on my original list, but wow! I have begun to learn the alphabet and I really enjoy the language. It's definitely a little harder to catch on to, with the right-to-left writing and similar characters, but the challenge is great! Any good resources? (book or internet, I don't mind, just not too much money!)Thanks!

This all is looking good from my point of view, what do you guys think? :hmm:
Native: [flag=]en[/flag]
B1-B2: [flag=]nl[/flag][flag=]es[/flag]

Corrections are welcome!

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”