TAClog

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

phaed
TAClog

Postby phaed » 2010-01-01, 5:22

I've a created a logging system for keeping track of my progress in my two TAC languages. I did this because 1) I think I'll get more motivation from a systematic learning process and 2) it'll help me write more detailed progress reports. It's basically a central place for me to record any sort of study done for my languages. I decided to post it here so I can get my thoughts down while maybe helping some other TAC'ers at the same time.

I created seven categories under which to classify my studies:
  1. L - listening
  2. S - speaking
  3. R - reading
  4. W - writing
  5. I - immersion (L+S+R+W preferably, or L+S, L+R, L+W, L+S+W, etc.)
  6. G - grammar
  7. V - vocabulary
I can see that Grammar and Vocabulary may overlap with other categories, but I think the best resolution is to choose the main focus of each study period.

I assigned one of my blank notebooks to be my "TAClog" and will be treating it as my central database. Before I give any more abbreviations or codes, I think it's best to show a picture:
IMG_0374.JPG

This is a table that I plan to make for each day in my TAClog, the time studied for each permutation of language and study category. The table itself is pretty self-explanatory (T = total time). Below I list any activities that compose the total minutes displayed in the table. For example, I may have done two 7:30-length German grammar activities, and I would describe them here to show that not only one 15-minute activity was done.

Notice on the last line of the "detail" section, there is a reference to DE#1. Now, when I am reviewing what I have recently learned and looking up things to summarize for TAC, all I have to do is find reference #1 in my German notebook. Ah, here it is :D
IMG_0375.JPG

So that's it. Though the system may be a bit more than I really need, I think it'll keep me motivated - systematic logging (especially public) usually does :D I hope this helps someone with organizing their own TAC learning method. Happy New Year, and good luck!

Thanks to Dr. Alexander Arguelles (a.k.a. ProfASAr) for some inspiration on this method.. one of the most amazing polyglots I've ever seen!

:partyhat: :silly: :whistle: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Native: [flag=]en-US[/flag]
B2: [flag=]es[/flag] (2006), [flag=]fr[/flag] (2008), [flag=]de[/flag] (2012)
A1: [flag=]ro[/flag] (2013)
Admiring from a distance: [flag=]sco[/flag] [flag=]la[/flag] [flag=]el[/flag] [flag=]fa[/flag] [flag=]no[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag]

hashi

Re: TAClog

Postby hashi » 2010-01-01, 6:11

I have already invented my own simpler system which you shall see tonight before I go to bed :) I think you have too much free time :)
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

phaed

Postby phaed » 2010-01-01, 6:26

hashi wrote:I have already invented my own simpler system which you shall see tonight before I go to bed :) I think you have too much free time :)
Yep.. I do :D This was created during an avoid-Jane-Eyre session, actually :partyhat:
Admiring from a distance: [flag=]sco[/flag] [flag=]la[/flag] [flag=]el[/flag] [flag=]fa[/flag] [flag=]no[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag]

Jayan

Postby Jayan » 2010-01-01, 19:41

totally off topic, but you have great handwriting :P
[flag]zh[/flag] [flag]th[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] | [flag]id[/flag] [flag]is[/flag] [flag]eu[/flag] | [flag]es[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]la[/flag]

csjc

Postby csjc » 2010-01-02, 2:32

My system isn't this organized, but everything I do language-wise is jotted down in the appropriate notebook. I can't wait to see whole sheets of yours full in a few weeks. :D
[flag]en-ca[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]is[/flag]
[flag]nl[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]la[/flag]

phaed

Postby phaed » 2010-01-02, 2:34

Jayan wrote:totally off topic, but you have great handwriting :P
Hehe, thanks :D I've never thought of it as "great", but okay :D

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”