TAC 2010 - Vortex (it, ru)

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

Vortex
TAC 2010 - Vortex (it, ru)

Postby Vortex » 2009-12-26, 0:44

The languages I have chosen for the TAC - 2010 are Russian and Italian.

[flag]ru[/flag] Russian - I don't really have any preexisting experience with Russian. I do have some experience with polish so hopefully not being a stranger to the ways of slavic languages will help me out with this language. My goal for Russian is reach a beginner-intermediate before I enter college next fall and then an intermediate level by the end of the TAC.

[flag]it[/flag] Italy - Like russian I have very little experience with italian. I have had quite a bit of exposure to romance languages in the form of spanish, which I can understand quite a bit considering I haven't really studied it at all, and from what I hear italian and spanish share a good amount of similarities. So because of that I hope italian will be easier to learn. My goal for italian is to be able to hold a basic conversation by the time I go to Italy this summer, then my longer term goal is to reach an intermediate level by the end of the TAC.

Resources (for now; may add more later)

Russian:
Голоса (a basic course in russian)
Schaums outline Russian Grammar
Russian-english/English-russian dictionary by Kenneth Katzner (the english section is in american english :mrgreen: )

Italian:
Colloquial Italian
Schaums outline Italian Grammar
Italian sentence builder
Italian Grammar drills
Practice Italian Pronouns
and finally my friend from italian
Economic Left/Right: -9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Re: TAC 2010 - Vortex (it, ru)

Postby voron » 2010-01-04, 1:48

Vortex wrote:Russian:
Голоса (a basic course in russian)

Do you have transcripts for this course's audio and video materials? There is a guy on the Russian forum who keeps asking questions about what he hears in them.

Good luck with Russian! (and why are there no posts about your progress yet? :twisted: )

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”