TAC 2010 - yersi (pt, es, it, fr, jp, ko)

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

yersi
Re: TAC 2010 yersi - Pt, Es, It, Fr, Jp, Kr

Postby yersi » 2009-12-24, 15:46

Progress Update:

Time isn't stopping for Christmas, and neither am I - Another 60-character table went down with a couple cups of tea and some donuts. Today's theme was the kitchen, which turned out to be surprisingly gentle in Japanese and Korean because those lazy azns just borrowed the whole lot from English. The romance languages had great variety between them, which meant I spent longer than usual making sure I could recall the words before I tested myself.

Today is Korean day so I sat down and finally did something that's been long overdue; I crammed the keyboard layout. Until now I've been typing through trial and error, so hopefully this will speed up my typing a lot.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on your thread in case I can help with your Spanish. Bye.

Gracias. Mi español todavía no es igual bueno que mi portugués, pero creo que se va mejorar.

Etoile; I'll get back to you tomorrow when I have time to sit down and type out a response. :yep:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elis eterna.

Kasuya

Postby Kasuya » 2009-12-24, 16:17

A couple suggestions: table is commonly katakanized as テーブル. If the ドロア row means "drawer" then I think you should go with the far more common 引き出し(ひきだし).

modus.irrealis

Postby modus.irrealis » 2009-12-24, 16:49

Il y a une petite faute d'orthographe: lave-vaisselle

yersi

Postby yersi » 2009-12-24, 22:38

Does anyone have any recommendations for music in the six target languages? I already have tons of Brazilian music but my collection for the rest is sorely lacking. I listen to pretty much everything under the sun (from the most saccarine of pop to tech death) so genre is not an issue.

저의 이름이 알리입니다. 그리고 너 이름이입니까?

저의 이름이 라스 (Lars) 입니다. 저는 스물네살 입니다, 그리고 나이가 어떻게 되세요?

modus.irrealis and lichtrausch: Thanks!
Elis eterna.

TheKickInside

Re: TAC 2010 yersi - (pt, es, it, fr, jp, ko)

Postby TheKickInside » 2009-12-25, 2:26

Well, for French, I suggest Françoise Hardy, Serge Gainsbourg, France Gall, Yelle, Stereolab (they also since in English) and Vive la Fête.

If you only get one record by one of these artists, get The Vogue Years by Françoise Hardy. Her pronunciation (and the production) is crystal-clear, so the lyrics are very easy to make out.
[flag]en-GB[/flag] Native

[flag]pt-BR[/flag] and [flag]pa.Guru[/flag] Intermediate
[flag]fr[/flag] Beginner
[flag]hi[/flag] *sigh*

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2009-12-25, 2:43

En el foro de español tenemos un tema/hilothread sobre eso. :) (Más la costumbre de poner la letra de las canciones junto al link a youtube.)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12401&start=0

Podrías empezar por ahí, y luego seguir buscando más canciones de los mismos cantantes.

Kenny

Postby Kenny » 2009-12-25, 9:25

Moi, quant à la musique française, j'écoute du Jacques Dutronc et du Hocus Pocus pour la plupart. Les deux sont vraiment bons d'après moi :). Mais enfin je crois que nous avons un fil pour ça au forum français, tu pourrais t'en servir.

En attendant, voici quelques liens qui pourraient t'être utiles:

*** - un forum français où presque tout ce que tu peux imaginer est, euh, disponible - en français
http://www.tv5.org/TV5Site/lf/merci_professeur.php?id=4318 - des vidéos avec Bernard Cerquiglini qui révèle et explique des curiosités françaises
http://www.lepointdufle.net - un site web avec plein de liens qui englobent des explications grammaticales ainsi que des tas d'exercices
Last edited by kibo on 2009-12-27, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a link to a site which contains copyrighted material

Kasuya

Postby Kasuya » 2009-12-25, 16:09

yersi wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for music in the six target languages? I already have tons of Brazilian music but my collection for the rest is sorely lacking. I listen to pretty much everything under the sun (from the most saccarine of pop to tech death) so genre is not an issue.

怨み屋本舗〜REBOOT〜というドラマを観て、オープニングテーマ、エンディングテーマ、この二つの曲にはまってしまいました。特に2番目は迫力のある曲ですね。
ウニョン 「放熱ララバイ」
鴉 「夢」

etoile

Postby etoile » 2009-12-25, 18:29

yersi wrote:저의 이름이 라스 (Lars) 입니다. 저는 스물네살 입니다, 그리고 나이가 어떻게 되세요?

아~ 라스선생, 안녕하세요. :P 음... 16년입니다. 그래서 당신은 저의 선생님입니다! ㅋㅋㅋ
[flag]fr[/flag] [flag]ko[/flag] [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]zh[/flag]

yersi

Postby yersi » 2009-12-25, 19:22

lichtrausch wrote:怨み屋本舗〜REBOOT〜というドラマを観て、オープニングテーマ、エンディングテーマ、この二つの曲にはまってしまいました。特に2番目は迫力のある曲ですね。
ウニョン 「放熱ララバイ」
鴉 「夢」

推奨ありがとうございます!私はこの二つの曲が好きです。 づ(●ω●)づ
Renaçido wrote:En el foro de español tenemos un tema/hilothread sobre eso. :)

Gracias por esta recomendación, ayer lei el hilo y encontré muchos canciones que gusto.
Kenny wrote:Moi, quant à la musique française, j'écoute du Jacques Dutronc et du Hocus Pocus pour la plupart. Les deux sont vraiment bons d'après moi :).

Merci beaucoup pour tes recommandations, j'aime ecouter la musique française. :wink:
etoile wrote:아~ 라스선생, 안녕하세요. :P 음... 16년입니다. 그래서 당신은 저의 선생님입니다! ㅋㅋㅋ

너의 선생님 아니에요. 학생 이에요, 너의 동창생 이에요!
Last edited by yersi on 2009-12-25, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Elis eterna.

yersi

Postby yersi » 2009-12-25, 19:28

Progress Update:
For today's table I did numbers from 0-10; I've done them previously in all six languages but never together, plus I had forgotten a lot of the Korean and Japanese numerals, so a refresh was in order. Those of you who with Japanese or Korean skills (lichtrausch, etoile) might want to check if the table is correct, the websites I visited to prepare the material listed several variants and I didn't have time to see which was what.

I also memorized an additional 72 words for a total of 141 words (Korean is counted twice for the numbers since they operate with a native Korean system and a Sino-Korean one) - I'm moving ever closer to my target of 150 a day. Of these I was successfully able to recall 135 when I tested myself. I've listed them below in no particular order.

To finish off todays studies I wrote responses to lichtrausch, Renaçido, etoile and Kenny in Japanese, Spanish, Korean and French respectively (see the post before this one). I can only hope I avoided mangling those poor languages completely.

Spanish
Llevar
Vestido
Pupitre
Lapicero
Molesto
Cambiar a
Empezar
Desde cero
Perezoso
Mientras
Tampoco
Costumbre
Poner
Luego
Hermoso
Peor
Volver
Hasta
Herida
Fracoso
Lagrima
Sanar
Adentro
Sobrevivir
Fuerza
Pedir
Derramar
Sed
Saciar
Atesorar
Dulce
Tentacíon
Dejarse
Regalarse

French
Mot
Quant à moi
Voici
Presque
Plein

Portuguese

Doença
Doente
Ocupado
Cansado
Caderno
Sentado
Relógio
Capanga
Chegar
Cacique
Vir
Parecido
Tal
Matar
Isso me lembra
Cabana
Sentar-se
Regar
Bacana
Alguns/Algumas
Entre
Porém

Italian
Scrivania
Righello
Banco

Japanese
物差 ものさし

Korean

태권더
그리고

사투리
새상에

선새님

Chinese
抽屜 chōuti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elis eterna.

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2009-12-25, 20:13

yersi wrote:
Renaçido wrote:En el foro de español tenemos un tema/hilothread sobre eso. :)

Gracias por esta recomendación, ayer leí el hilo y encontré muchas canciones que gusto me gustaron.
Words ending in -ción are always feminine. La adquisición (“the acquisition”), la contaminación (“the contamination”).

Urghh... Here comes the thing about gustar. It may seem weird at first but you'll get used to it.

Don't compare "gustar" with English "to like" (maybe the Norwegian equivalent, I don't know), the syntax is totally different. If you still want to compare it with English "to like" though, you could think the verb conjugates for "the object" and not "the subject". So the verb conjugates for canciones, "the object". (Use of quotes is intentional to mean Spanish doesn't really work like this, but you could understand it this way for working purposes.)

A more usual explanation of this verb to English-speaking students is to compare it with "to please". So think about muchas canciones me gustaron "many songs pleased me", and then move the apparent subject after the verb, me gustaron muchas canciones. If you want to specify the agent you could add a + noun: A Sara le gustaron muchas canciones.

This second explanation also doesn't fully explain the process, which involves some more complex dislocation and semantic processes whose explanation I don't understand well either, but it works GREAT for working purposes. :)

A similar thing goes with the verb "doler" "to hurt". Pay attention at the conjugation:
(A mí) me duelen los brazos “My arms hurt [me]”.
Though here it's more similar to English (thankfully!).

ILuvEire

Postby ILuvEire » 2009-12-25, 20:18

Hai numeri cino-giapponese, ma i numeri nativi, come il coreano?
You've got the sino-japanese numbers, but what about the native numbers, like Korean?

1 hitotsu ひとつ
2 futatsu 二つ
3 mittsu 三つ
4 yottsu 四つ
5 itsutsu 五つ
6 muttsu 六つ
7 nanatsu 七つ
8 yattsu 八つ
9 kokonotsu 九つ
10 tou 十
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

modus.irrealis

Postby modus.irrealis » 2009-12-25, 22:37

zéro en français. And just in case you don't know, the pronunciation of the numbers can be a little tricky because it depends on the context, so you might want to keep that in mind because I know from experience that it can be hard to unlearn these kinds of errors.

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2009-12-25, 23:15

modus.irrealis wrote:zéro en français. And just in case you don't know, the pronunciation of the numbers can be a little tricky because it depends on the context, so you might want to keep that in mind because I know from experience that it can be hard to unlearn these kinds of errors.

What? :shock:

modus.irrealis

Postby modus.irrealis » 2009-12-25, 23:32

Maybe I made it sound worse than it is, but for example with 6 six, when it modifies a noun, you have a normal rule ([siz] before vowel and [si] before consonants/h aspiré), but it's [sis] when used as a noun or when final. Then you have random things like with 10 dix, which is normally like 6 six, except that it's also [dis] in dix-sept and [diz] in dix-huit and dix-neuf, and 9 neuf is usually [nœf] but [nœv] in neuf ans and neuf heures. And for good measure there's a lot of variation among speakers from what I've read.
Last edited by modus.irrealis on 2009-12-26, 3:13, edited 1 time in total.

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2009-12-25, 23:49

Wow, and I used to think that the pronunciation of numbers was quite stable across languages. (I mean, outside of regular rules for allophones.) Well, Mandarin has a little odd tone sandhi, but that's normal to be found in that language.

Kasuya

Postby Kasuya » 2009-12-26, 3:06

ILuvEire wrote:You've got the sino-japanese numbers, but what about the native numbers, like Korean?

Those aren't all sino-japanese numbers that he has in his table.

yersi:
きゅう is standard for 九. 四 can be pronounced either よん(訓読み) or し(音読み). 七 can be pronounced なな(訓読み) or しち(音読み). As for zero, when you see it written 零 then it is usually pronounced れい. However when you see it written"0", then it is sometimes pronounced ゼロ.

etoile

Postby etoile » 2009-12-26, 12:39

yersi wrote:너의 선생님 아니에요. 학생 이에요, 너의 동창생 이에요!

하하, 좋아지만 난 초심자만 이에요. 오 - 그리고 난 보인 음악을 넌 좋아해요?

This is me sinking down into the polite speech level just because you are. :D

Btw please, for the sake of your own language skills don't rely on any of my sentences being grammatically correct. I'm as much of a novice as you are!
[flag]fr[/flag] [flag]ko[/flag] [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]zh[/flag]

darkina

Re: TAC 2010 - yersi (pt, es, it, fr, jp, ko)

Postby darkina » 2009-12-26, 14:27

I saw somewhere the word "taccuino" for notebook. While not incorrect, it sounds quite old-fashioned, everybody would say "quaderno".

And there must be music threads in the forums for each language.

I am ever so wary of such self-teaching methods. You'll just speak all of those languages quite poorly, and soon you won't be able to tell the romance ones apart, once you've gone past the first stages. I am by no means a perfectionist but people using Spanish words in Italian make me want to scream :mrgreen: And vocabulary is sadly worth nothing without a sound grammar knowledge.
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”