TAC 2010 - Trapy

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

Trapy
TAC 2010 - Trapy

Postby Trapy » 2009-12-13, 22:50

so, i'll be focusing on mandarin, serbian and ainu for this. basically, i'll be writing in each language atleast twice a week, and atleast every other day, i'll spend an hour on one language (but no more than 1 language a day) studying it.

Progress I'll record on the BLOG feature, since i never use it :)
blog/Trapy/

[flag]zh[/flag]
I've spent a few months off and on since summer 2006 trying to learn this, but french, spanish and german keep getting in the way. so, i will throw this in, because i do love the language, and the culture.

[flag]sr[/flag]
Serbian is "the spanish of slavic languages" for me. i like it's phonology, and it's not hell like russian. Although I will try some B/C/S due to the mutual intelligibility and since realistically i'll never get "pure" serbian, but i want to focus on this dialect since 1) three at once scares me and 2) there seems to be alot of people from serbia here, and i would like to one day visit the country, so i need to spell things properly.

[flag]ain[/flag]
Phonetically, it's a beautiful language. Or at least it sounds that way in my head. Plus, an endangered language, a disappearing culture and an oversized ego to prove Noir wrong... i would like to pursue this. The twilight of a language fascinates me greatly. I will focus this language more on culture and litterature, than a regular conversational language, which is a first for me.

Resources:
[flag]zh[/flag]
Teach Yourself Chinese
Colloquial Chinese (with Audio)
China-Link (With Audio online)
China-Link Workbook
Intermediate Chinese (From School Library)
Intermediate Chinese II (From School library)

[flag]sr[/flag]
Teach Yourself Serbian (With Audio)
Colloquial Serbian (planning to buy)

[flag]ain[/flag]
Unilang's beginner's course
Intermediate Ainu as translated by Noir and Uzumo (??)
"and now every toilet will burn to ashes!""

sennacherib

Re: TAC 2010 - Trapy

Postby sennacherib » 2009-12-16, 6:04

I've checked your blog and left some comments. Hope they'd be helpful. :)

Trapy wrote:Serbian is "the spanish of slavic languages" for me.

I like your analogy. :)
Alles im Leben hat seinen Sinn.

Danial

Postby Danial » 2009-12-30, 23:33

I would really recommend you ChinesePod.com :) really worked wonders for me! You won't really get bored cause the hosts are really entertaining to listen to :D

Karavinka

Postby Karavinka » 2010-01-02, 7:11

Trapy wrote:[flag]ain[/flag]
Phonetically, it's a beautiful language. Or at least it sounds that way in my head. Plus, an endangered language, a disappearing culture and an oversized ego to prove Noir wrong... i would like to pursue this. The twilight of a language fascinates me greatly. I will focus this language more on culture and litterature, than a regular conversational language, which is a first for me.

Go ahead, prove me wrong and I'll help you doing that! ;) If everything goes as planned, I will start posting more Yukar related reading materials gathered from various places on the forum in the latter half of this year. (I have to do _my_ share of learning before I could help anyone...)

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”