BTG²

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

loqu
Re: BTG²

Postby loqu » 2012-05-18, 15:42

:lol: :lol: :lol: the first hilarious results came.

First with the snow thing, but the best one is the heart colour of a woman.

It is a pity that all she needs is a big hug and "I love you".

:lol: I'm dying here.
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

melski

Postby melski » 2012-05-18, 16:08

yeah, I made this big mistake "cor" instead of "coração" (French influence there (coeur), shame on me ! My portuguese is not that good... but the results are hilarious !
................Native: French (fr) French
................Fluent: English (en) English , Italian (it) Italian
.........Intermediate: German (de) German, Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) Portuguese
.........Conversational: Catalan (ca) Catalan, Spanish (es) Spanish
....................Learning: [flag=Wallisian (East Uvean / faka'uvea)]wls[/flag] Wallisian (topic here)

BlackZ

Postby BlackZ » 2012-05-18, 16:13

Reinder wrote:
voron wrote:I just finished "A woman's heart" which became "the color of a woman" :D How did heart change to color?
It went wrong at the beginning, translating from English to Portuguese. The word "heart" was translated to "cor" (which means colour) instead of "coração" (which means heart).

Thinking about it, there's one context where cor=heart:

I know this by heart
Eu sei isso de cor

This "de cor" is a slang that comes from "decorar" which means "learn by heart". I think that explains how "coração" became "cor". :D
yeah, I made this big mistake "cor" instead of "coração" (French influence there (coeur), shame on me ! My portuguese is not that good... but the results are hilarious !

Well, my French was... far worse than your Portuguese I think... :lol:
Native: [flag=]pt-br[/flag]
Learning: [flag=]en-us[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] [flag=]ja[/flag] [flag=]es[/flag] [flag=]ca[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag]

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Postby Aurinĭa » 2012-05-18, 16:17

BlackZ wrote:Well, my French was... far worse than your Portuguese I think... :lol:
Just signed up, gotta translate into French. I haven't written anything in French longer than two sentences in almost seven years. *feels old* It'll be a good evaluation of where my French is now.

BlackZ

Postby BlackZ » 2012-05-18, 16:25

By the way, where "it is easy to destroy everything at once" came from? :lol:

EDIT: melski, I'll ask you a favor. Please translate the text to French so I can see how the text was supposed to be translated. If you want, I'll translate it to Portuguese too.
Learning: [flag=]en-us[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] [flag=]ja[/flag] [flag=]es[/flag] [flag=]ca[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag]

melski

Postby melski » 2012-05-18, 17:01

BlackZ, I deleted the alert and I don't have access to the texts, but if you send me them I'll be able to translate it into French
................Native: French (fr) French
................Fluent: English (en) English , Italian (it) Italian
.........Intermediate: German (de) German, Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) Portuguese
.........Conversational: Catalan (ca) Catalan, Spanish (es) Spanish
....................Learning: [flag=Wallisian (East Uvean / faka'uvea)]wls[/flag] Wallisian (topic here)

Reinder
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Reinder » 2012-05-18, 17:01

BlackZ wrote:By the way, where "it is easy to destroy everything at once" came from? :lol:
The German translation says "it can easily be destroyed" and then in the Slovenian translation I read something with "vse", which I guess means "everything", since "все" in Russian means "everything" as well, as for as I know.
Image Image Image Image | Image | Image

BlackZ

Postby BlackZ » 2012-05-18, 17:11

melski wrote:BlackZ, I deleted the alert and I don't have access to the texts, but if you send me them I'll be able to translate it into French

Sure. I'll send through PM.

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2012-05-18, 17:16

Reinder wrote:
BlackZ wrote:By the way, where "it is easy to destroy everything at once" came from? :lol:
The German translation says "it can easily be destroyed" and then in the Slovenian translation I read something with "vse", which I guess means "everything", since "все" in Russian means "everything" as well, as for as I know.

It was my fault then, I forgot that oddity of Slovenian that "I easy do" actually means "I can do" (lahko grem = I can go), and I translated it literally with "easy". Then I guess to avoid repetition of two lahko's in a row Ludwig Whitby used the synonym "enostavno" (simply) which I translated as "at once". :)

(It makes me wonder how one says "It can be easily done" in Slovenian).

(And to say "she like smth" you say "to her is smth" in Slovenian? :?: wtf I won't take up Slovenian ever again) :D

LackOfFuel

Postby LackOfFuel » 2012-05-18, 20:06

voron wrote:(It makes me wonder how one says "It can be easily done" in Slovenian).

"To se da zlahka narediti" would probably be the best translation.

voron wrote:(And to say "she like smth" you say "to her is smth" in Slovenian? :?: wtf I won't take up Slovenian ever again) :D

Všeč is just an adverb that has the function similar to the verb "to like" when used together with the verb biti and dative (Všeč mi je - I like it). It doesn't get too far from Italian piacere, I suppose, or Serbian sviđati se.

Don't give up just yet. :mrgreen:
Smisel življenja je ležanje na plaži. 8-)

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-18, 23:08

Lolololol, that game was hilarious. I'm going to work on a comment and like button for games you want to comment on and add to your favourites

Update: We have a like button :D You can go view a game (these can be found on 'Browse' and then selecting 'Completed games' and clicking on the title - for example this game) and click 'Like'. (Click 'Liked' again to unlike). These games will now show up on 'Browse' under 'Favourite games'.
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

kibo

Postby kibo » 2012-05-18, 23:40

I pressed play by accident and it gave a translation to german Image And the quit button... :lol: Well, I might as well do it now :P
Goals:
[flag=]es[/flag] ➜ C1 (DELE)
[flag=]de[/flag] ➜ B2 (Goethe-Zertifikat) / C1
[flag=]sv[/flag] ➜ B1/B2

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-19, 0:09

kibo wrote:I pressed play by accident and it gave a translation to german Image And the quit button... :lol: Well, I might as well do it now :P

Hahahaha, if you really don't want to do it I can reverse it manually, but if you don't want to translate German, take it out of your list :P

Update: You can comment on games now :D

kibo

Postby kibo » 2012-05-19, 11:12

hashi wrote:Hahahaha, if you really don't want to do it I can reverse it manually, but if you don't want to translate German, take it out of your list :P

Nah, that wouldn't be any fun :P

Hmm, how did Ludwig translate the Zhuangzi text from Japanese when it's not in his language list? :hmm:
Goals:
[flag=]es[/flag] ➜ C1 (DELE)
[flag=]de[/flag] ➜ B2 (Goethe-Zertifikat) / C1
[flag=]sv[/flag] ➜ B1/B2

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-19, 11:51

kibo wrote:
hashi wrote:Hahahaha, if you really don't want to do it I can reverse it manually, but if you don't want to translate German, take it out of your list :P

Nah, that wouldn't be any fun :P

Hmm, how did Ludwig translate the Zhuangzi text from Japanese when it's not in his language list? :hmm:

He didn't. I rolled back that text because Covered translated to Japanese when there was no one who could speak it (it was a bug in the code). Ludwig translated from the language before that, but I didn't delete the Japanese translation cause it would have been a waste of his translations.

TheStrayCat
Language Forum Moderator

Postby TheStrayCat » 2012-05-19, 14:00

Just finished the chain with the text about 1984. Sorry for my mistakes in English, I know they always can occur in my texts. The whole thing with all of the translations is here: http://2.btg.langwiki.info/view.php?g=a ... deab2c4320 . Discuss.

Covered

Postby Covered » 2012-05-19, 16:58

lol I have to translate from portuguese into chinese :o i'll have to do it when I have more time. this text will be full of mistakes :D

TheStrayCat
Language Forum Moderator

Postby TheStrayCat » 2012-05-19, 20:25

Some more comments about the game, just to slightly improve it:
1) Some typos need fixing, neccessary (in language selection options) -> necessary, Belorussian -> Belarusian (the former spelling is obsolete and used considerably less frequently)
2) I'd propose to lessen the limitation on contributed texts per user. The current situation shows a high demand for texts to translate. If it was done only to prevent spamming, maybe a good idea would be to lift the limit altogether for confirmed users?
3) How about numbering all texts and creating a new subpage with the database for finished games? Now they make an impression of being, erm, hidden and locked. This complicates the access to them. Sorry, overlooked the link to completed games. Still I like the idea of numbering, although it's unimportant.
Anyway, good job, and thanks for implementing the idea!

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-20, 2:05

TheStrayCat wrote:Just finished the chain with the text about 1984. Sorry for my mistakes in English, I know they always can occur in my texts. The whole thing with all of the translations is here: http://2.btg.langwiki.info/view.php?g=a ... deab2c4320 . Discuss.
Don't be sorry! :P How would you guys feel about being notified when there are comments on games you've played in or liked?

Covered wrote:lol I have to translate from portuguese into chinese :o i'll have to do it when I have more time. this text will be full of mistakes :D
:D This will be very interesting!

TheStrayCat wrote:Some more comments about the game, just to slightly improve it:
1) Some typos need fixing, neccessary (in language selection options) -> necessary, Belorussian -> Belarusian (the former spelling is obsolete and used considerably less frequently)
Changed :)

2) I'd propose to lessen the limitation on contributed texts per user. The current situation shows a high demand for texts to translate. If it was done only to prevent spamming, maybe a good idea would be to lift the limit altogether for confirmed users?
I agree. There is a lot of activity in the game at the moment. As such, I have raised the number of per person texts to 3, and maximum texts running to 15. If this still proves insufficient I can easily raise it further :)

3) How about numbering all texts and creating a new subpage with the database for finished games? Now they make an impression of being, erm, hidden and locked. This complicates the access to them. Sorry, overlooked the link to completed games. Still I like the idea of numbering, although it's unimportant.
How do you mean numbering the texts? Like giving it a game number? I can sort that out if you'd like.

Anyway, good job, and thanks for implementing the idea!
No worries! Thanks for the suggestions and corrections, it is very helpful so feel free to express anymore ideas or issues :)

Covered

Postby Covered » 2012-05-20, 3:02

good luck to the one that will translate from my chinese text. it was terrible hahaha

Return to “Games”