BTG²

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

hashi
Re: BTG²

Postby hashi » 2012-05-17, 11:46

Our first game is done!

http://2.btg.langwiki.info/view.php?g=6 ... e15d0e433a

Everyone who was involved should have gotten an e-mail saying they have a new notification. When you visit, there will be a highlighted button in the top right where you can view/clear these :)

Lemme know if you have any issues with this.
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

kibo

Postby kibo » 2012-05-17, 12:03

Trying to save a draft returns an error (and it worked yesterday).
Goals:
[flag=]es[/flag] ➜ C1 (DELE)
[flag=]de[/flag] ➜ B2 (Goethe-Zertifikat) / C1
[flag=]sv[/flag] ➜ B1/B2

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-17, 12:10

kibo wrote:Trying to save a draft returns an error (and it worked yesterday).

Can you please PM me the error? :)

NVM, I got it. Give me a minute and it'll be fixed :)

Edit: You can keep up to date with updates here: http://2.btg.langwiki.info/beta.php
Edit2: I'm going to keep the texts pumping, you guys should invite lotsa people to play :D

Reinder
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Reinder » 2012-05-17, 15:53

Great website, it works very well.
I just let me translate to West Frisian and I don't know if that will stop a text from being finished. Fortunately we're more lucky with West Frisian than North Frisian, should I delete North Frisian from my profile there?
It also let me translate to French three times, the site sure likes French. :)
Image Image Image Image | Image | Image

Ludwig Whitby

Postby Ludwig Whitby » 2012-05-17, 16:31

Oh my. So many translations!
Reinder wrote:Great website, it works very well.
I just let me translate to West Frisian and I don't know if that will stop a text from being finished. Fortunately we're more lucky with West Frisian than North Frisian, should I delete North Frisian from my profile there?
It also let me translate to French three times, the site sure likes French. :)

Some Dutch natives would be able to understand Frisian, right? It doesn't mean the game will end I guess.

Reinder
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Reinder » 2012-05-17, 16:35

Ludwig Whitby wrote:Some Dutch natives would be able to understand Frisian, right? It doesn't mean the game will end I guess.
Well West Frisian wouldn't be the problem, there are quite some people who could translate from West Frisian to another language. It sure wouldn't mean the game would end. I was wondering how that would work out for North Frisian, I haven't met other people here who know this language. But North Frisian might be understood by some German speakers, like West Frisian might be understood by some Dutch speakers. :)

Covered

Postby Covered » 2012-05-17, 19:53

you could add a button to pass the text to someone else as well, in case you find that the text is too difficult for you or something else.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-18, 0:20

@Reinder: Argh. It's not supposed to let you use Frisian until there is someone else who speaks it, I will look into this. Translating French three times is probably just because the other languages you "can" translate, have already been translated in that game (I'm thinking of removing this feature though).

@Covered: A pass button is in the works, but I need to work on getting a few other things working first before I'm able to do that. I also need a rollback button for when things go wrong, like it allowing Reinder to translate to Frisian with no other Frisian speakers, and Covered to Japanese when no one else can participate.

@Ludwig Whitby, yep. At the moment it's to keep things moving so I can find holes in the code as have been surfacing occasionally :)

PS guys, if you get kicked out of a page that was previously available (it should say it's restricted to administration only) it means I'm working on the page, so just try back later :)

Covered

Postby Covered » 2012-05-18, 0:44

"A woman's heart" is about to be finished, but apparently it got stuck in westfrisian :D where are the dutchmen when you need them :p

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-18, 2:31

Haha yeah, I may need to do something about that. I will fix that in a minute (I will roll it back to the text before it).

Edit: Have rolled back the Japanese translation of the Zhuangzi text (no one can translate on that game) and the Frisian text.

In other news, I totally rewrote the script that picks your text and language. It is a lot longer now, but a lot more logical and hopefully error-free. Please report any errors :)

loqu

Postby loqu » 2012-05-18, 8:08

Hey, I'm loving this. I get the feeling I always get French into German. But it's nice, I get to work on the two languages I'm most interested in at the moment.
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-18, 8:28

loqu wrote:Hey, I'm loving this. I get the feeling I always get French into German. But it's nice, I get to work on the two languages I'm most interested in at the moment.

That's good! The language choices are all down to what's available for translation and what you've indicated you want to translate into, which just happens to be French to German ;)

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2012-05-18, 10:20

hashi that looks awesome! I just registered.

I added Slovenian to my "from" languages to unfreeze some of the idle games, and immediately got Slovenian - Serbian translation, yay that's going to be a fun thing to do.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-18, 10:34

voron wrote:hashi that looks awesome! I just registered.

I added Slovenian to my "from" languages to unfreeze some of the idle games, and immediately got Slovenian - Serbian translation, yay that's going to be a fun thing to do.

Haha awesome, that's good. Kibo also has listed that he can do Slovenian which is why it let Ludwig translate into it. I'm thinking I'm going to make it only if there's someone who has visited in the last week will it let you use that language. But we will see if this becomes a problem first.

Should also mention it'll pick the oldest possible text too - in case anyone was wondering lol.

Dminor
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dminor » 2012-05-18, 12:17

That's a pretty piece of work! :) I do think the rare languages will become even rarer this way, since there is no chain planning in which two persons knowing a rare language could be linked beforehand. They seem to have to happen to press play at the right time. Also, 5 translations seems very limited to me. The very first BTG's are still the best in my opinion, since they included so many people in one chain and the results were absolutely butchered texts. :P
काव्यशास्त्रविनोदेन कालो गच्छति धीमताम् । व्यसनेन च मूर्खाणां निद्रया कलहेन वा

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-05-18, 12:26

I do agree with your latter point, but until we have enough players, the texts will just sit there idle and I fear interest will be lost in them being so long lol. At the moment I am trialling increasing the length of the texts gradually (you may notice I have extended two of the games to 7 translations). But thanks though :)

BlackZ

Postby BlackZ » 2012-05-18, 14:57

I'm very curious to see the result of "A woman's heart" because... Well, I received the text in a slightly hard to understand Portuguese. That, and the fact that I most likely ended up butchering it even more with my horrible French... I think we can expect a completely distorted text! :lol:

Seriously, I didn't expect my French to be so bad...
Native: [flag=]pt-br[/flag]
Learning: [flag=]en-us[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] [flag=]ja[/flag] [flag=]es[/flag] [flag=]ca[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag]

Ludwig Whitby

Postby Ludwig Whitby » 2012-05-18, 15:23

BlackZ wrote:I'm very curious to see the result of "A woman's heart" because... Well, I received the text in a slightly hard to understand Portuguese. That, and the fact that I most likely ended up butchering it even more with my horrible French... I think we can expect a completely distorted text! :lol:

Seriously, I didn't expect my French to be so bad...

It was weird in German as well and I just translated it without attempting to make it more understandable.

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2012-05-18, 15:32

I just finished "A woman's heart" which became "the color of a woman" :D How did heart change to color?

Reinder
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Reinder » 2012-05-18, 15:42

voron wrote:I just finished "A woman's heart" which became "the color of a woman" :D How did heart change to color?
It went wrong at the beginning, translating from English to Portuguese. The word "heart" was translated to "cor" (which means colour) instead of "coração" (which means heart).
Last edited by Reinder on 2012-05-18, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Games”