Broken Translation Game 8

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Almar

Postby Almar » 2008-01-27, 16:04

Nolan þýði! ;)
asdf

FiliusLunae

Postby FiliusLunae » 2008-01-29, 8:26

Just sent in my translation! Sorry for the delay! >_<

~FILIUS
My Hebrew journey in pictures — http://instagram.com/filius_lunae

Oleksij

Postby Oleksij » 2008-01-30, 17:02

Done. That text made no sense, especially after my translation. :lol:

And I realised how little Catalan I really understood. :?
Moja ulica murem podzielona - świeci neonami prawa strona, lewa strona cała wygaszona, zza zasłony obserwuję obie strony.
Youtube Channel

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2008-01-31, 11:05

Oh, i was afraid of it..I recieved the text when i was in the train:S I just got home, will try to translate in a few hours.
you're an evil mushroom (c)Almar

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2008-02-01, 13:16

Okay, done. The text really had no sense and now it has even less :P I couldn't find some words in the dictionary, so i just put the words which i thought would fit, and i also missed one word because i had no idea about it.
you're an evil mushroom (c)Almar

Supreemio

Postby Supreemio » 2008-02-02, 12:53

Sorry for the delay people, I had computer problems during the game. :oops:

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2008-02-07, 9:09

Finished! I think I did well, it was a very logical text!
Native: Dutch
Learns: Latin and French
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

FiliusLunae

Postby FiliusLunae » 2008-02-07, 9:17

Vogelvrij wrote:Finished! I think I did well, it was a very logical text!

{Congratulations!} ;)

I just wanted to say, about my translation, that I translated everything quite literally from Italian, to Catalan. Honestly, the easiest and most straightforward translation I've ever done in any of these games. :P

~FILIUS
My Hebrew journey in pictures — http://instagram.com/filius_lunae

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2008-02-07, 9:35

FiliusLunae wrote:

{Congratulations!} ;)

I just wanted to say, about my translation, that I translated everything quite literally from Italian, to Catalan. Honestly, the easiest and most straightforward translation I've ever done in any of these games. :P

~FILIUS
Yes, same here.. I just translated it word by word, very straightforward indeed. But it was quite comprehensable :)
Native: Dutch
Learns: Latin and French
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

Almar

Postby Almar » 2008-02-07, 15:35

Isn't there anyone else who can translate from French to English?

Seems like Nolan has disappeared. Maybe he got deported.
asdf

culúrien

Postby culúrien » 2008-02-07, 20:40

Almar wrote:Isn't there anyone else who can translate from French to English?

Seems like Nolan has disappeared. Maybe he got deported.

I could do it
استیسی

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2008-02-07, 21:08

Good to have you back - if not for good - Culúrien :)
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

ctoncc

Postby ctoncc » 2008-02-07, 21:16

culúrien wrote:I could do it

Excellent! Thank you, I'll send it to you now.

culúrien

Postby culúrien » 2008-02-07, 22:26

Done and sent :D
استیسی

Zorba

Postby Zorba » 2008-02-07, 22:28

At least it was by the time it got to you, because I got rid of any illogical parts by drastically changing them or just ignoring them! :lol: Also there is probably a strong English structure underlying my French translation... :S

Zorba

Postby Zorba » 2008-02-07, 22:31

Anyone fancy doing BTG 9 with an original and final Spanish text? :P

Almar

Postby Almar » 2008-02-07, 22:34

Zorba wrote:Anyone fancy doing BTG 9 with an original and final Spanish text? :P

No way. English or nothing in my opinion. This forum is almost entirely in English and using another language, although spoken by many, is discrimination against those who do not speak it. The most horrible BTG was when the original and final was in French.
asdf

Lazar Taxon

Postby Lazar Taxon » 2008-02-07, 22:36

I know Spanish and I think that could be fun, but I agree that English is the lingua franca of Unilang, so it should be in English in order to be accessible to everybody.
Native: [flag=]en-us[/flag] Good: [flag=]es[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] Okay: [flag=]de[/flag] [flag=]la[/flag] Beginning: [flag=]it[/flag] Interested in: [flag=]he[/flag] [flag=]hi[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag]

Today we are cats in the apocalypse!

culúrien

Postby culúrien » 2008-02-07, 23:09

Almar wrote:
Zorba wrote:Anyone fancy doing BTG 9 with an original and final Spanish text? :P

No way. English or nothing in my opinion. This forum is almost entirely in English and using another language, although spoken by many, is discrimination against those who do not speak it. The most horrible BTG was when the original and final was in French.

That was horrible. I refuse to participate in another non-English one regardless of my knowledge of said language
استیسی

ctoncc

Postby ctoncc » 2008-02-07, 23:14

Original text wrote:While family members stood silently by and did nothing, visiting aunt Debbie Smith proclaimed her desire to consume the "tiny little toesies" of her nephew Daniel, a powerless infant less than one-fifth her size.
“Who's my little sugar pie? I could just eat you right up," Smith threatened as she held the vulnerable child above her cavernous mouth and simulated the impending act of cannibalism on his tiny, dangling legs. "I've gotcha! I've gotcha! Yes I do! Yes I do!"
Smith then returned the confused and speechless newborn to the bouncy seat, prodded his abdomen, and disappeared behind her own hands.

Team A:

German – Balaur

Während die Familienangehörige standen schweigend herum und nichts taten, besuchende Tante Debbie Smith verkündete ihre Lust, die 'kleine winzige Zehelein' ihres Neffes Daniel, ein machtloses Kleinkind, weniger als ein Fünftel ihrer Größe.
"Wer ist mein kleiner Zuckerkuchen? Ich könnte dich doch einfach verspeisen," drohte Smith, während sie das angreifbares Kind über ihrem kavernösen Mund hielt und die bevohrstehende Tat des Kannibalismus auf seine winzige, baumeinde Beine vortäuschte. "Ich hab' dich! Ich hab' dich! Jawohl! Jawohl!"
Dann schickte Smith das verwirrtes und sprachloses Neugeborene zum Hüpfsitz zurück, stieß sein Abdomen, und verschwand hinter ihre eigene Hände.

Spanish – Lazar Taxon

Mientras los parientes estaban alrededor y no hacían nada, la tía visitando Debbie Smith anunció su placer, el chiquito lino de dedo de pie de su sobrino Daniel, un niño impotente, menos que un quinto de su tamaño. “Quién es mi chiquita torta de azúcar? Simplemente podría yo comerte,” amenazó Smith, mientras cogía el niño vulnerable por encima de su boca cavernosa y fingía la inminente acción de canibalismo sobre sus chiquitas piernas colgantes. “Te tengo! Te tengo! Seguro! Seguro!”
Entonces Smith devolvió el mudo, confundido, recién nacido niño a su silla de comer, empujó su abdomen y desapareció detrás de sus manos.

Japanese – AJRLegits **Not part of the final chain**

親戚訪ねて、何もしないながら、デビー・スミス伯母さん弱い甥ダニエルの小さい靴下を見せびらかした。デ ビーはダニエルを莫大な口の上に持ってながら、人食い様にぶら下がる足をたべる振りして、怖く「御菓子!御菓子!食べるよ!」と言った。「良かった!捕ら えた!捕らえた!遣った!」って。そして、椅子の上に怯えた赤ちゃんを置いて、腹を擽って、「いないいないばあ!」と言った。

Portuguese – Jaakuuta **Not part of the final chain**

Eu visitei parentes, fizemos nada...
Davey Smith apresentou as meias do sobrinho de minha tia.
Durante teve as meias sobre a boca grande de Daniel,
aparantou morder e comer o pé pendente, foi tímido porque disse "doce! doce! como!"
"Bem! capturei! capturei! tenho!" disse...
Põe a criança quem está assustado e chorado no assento, titilou seu estômago, e disse
"não estou aqui... não estou... baa..."

Italian – AJRLegits

Mentre i parenti facevano visita, la zia Debbie Smith ha mostrato a tutti il suo piacere, un calzino piccolo del suo nipote Daniel, un bambino impotente, meno di un quinto della portata della zia. “Chi è la mia torta di zucchero? Facilmente potrei ti mangiare!,” Smith ha minacciato, mentre coglieva il bambino vulnerabile sopra la sua bocca cavernosa e ha finto cannibalizzare le gambe pensili. “Ti ho catturato! Ti ho catturato! Certamente!” E poi Smith ha metto giù l’infante muto e confuso alla sedia, ha solleticato la sua pancia, ed è scomparso dietro le sue mani.

Catalan – FiliusLunae

Mentre els parents feien visita, la tia Debbie Smith va mostrar a tots el seu plaer, un mitjó petit del seu nebot Daniel, un nen impotent, menys d'un quint de la portada de la tia. «Qui és la meva coca de sucre? Fàcilment et podré menjar!», Smith va amenaçar, mentre prenia el nen vulnerable sobre la seva boca cavernosa i va fingir canibaliçar les cames penjants. «T'he capturat! T'he capturat! Certament!» I després Smith va posar l'infant mut i confús en la cadira, li va fer pessigolles en la panxa, i va desaparèixer darrere de les seves mans.

Polish – Oleksij

Póki rodaki są w gościach, ciocia Debbie Smith pokaże wszystkim swoją przyjemność, małą skarpetkę swego niezdobnego bratanka Daniela, mniej od pięci lat, od drzwi cioci. "To jest moje cukrowe pieczywo? Lekkie mogę jego zjeść!". Smith będzie pogrożała wrazliwemu dzieckowi na swoich mięsojadnych ustach i robiła wygląd, niby gryzie łóżko. "Schapałam Cię! Schapałam Cię! Naprawdę!". Potem, Smith posadzi rozgubionego dziecka do krzesła, będzie biła jego brzuch i zniknie za swoimi rękami.

Russian – Axiom

Пока родственники в гостях, тетя Дебби Смит покажет всем свое удовольствие, маленький носок своего племянника Даниэля, которому меньше пяти лет, от дверей тети. "Это моя сахарная выпечка? Я легко могу ее съесть!". Смит будет грозить своему впечатлительному ребенку своим мясоедным ртом и делать вид, будто грызет кровать. "Я тебя поймала! Я поймала тебя! Правда!". Потом Смит посадит погубленное дитя на стул, будет бить его в живот и исчезнет за своими руками.

French – Zorba

"Quand ses parents seront chez elle, Tante Debbie Smith exposera l’une de ses choses favories à tout le monde: la chaussette de son neveu Daniel, qui a moins de cinq ans. “C’est ma tarte sucrée! Je peux la manger facilement!” A ce moment-là, Smith menacera le garçon avec la bouche carnivore et elle feindra de mâcher le lit. “Je t’ai attrapé! Je t’ai attrapé! C’est vrai!” Puis Smith assoira le garçon sur un siège, battra lui au estomac et disparaîtra complètement."

English – Vogelvrij

When his parents will be by her, Aunt Debbie Smith will show one of her favorite things to the world: the socks of Daniel, her nephew, who is less then five years old. "It is my sugar pie! I want easy food!" At that moment, Smith will threaten the boy with a carnivoristic mouth and she will pretend to chew on the bed. "I have fooled you! I have fooled you! It's true!" Then Smith will put the boy on a chair, him him on his stomach and disappear completely.

Team B

Norwegian – DISCOnnected90

Mens familie medlemer sto stille ved og gjorde ikke noe,
tante Debbie Smiths besøket proklamerte hennes ønske til å spise det "liten tær" av Daniel, nevøen hennes, et maktløst barn mindre enn en-femte av høyden hennes.
"Hvem er min liten sukker kake? Jeg kunne å spise deg høyre opp," truet Smith da hun holdet det sårbar barnet over hennes åpne-munn og simulerte hendelsen fungerer av kannibalisme på hans liten, løsnet bein.
"Jeg har fåd deg ! Jeg har fåd deg ! Ja, har jeg! Ja, har jeg!"
Smith returnerte da denne forvirret og målløs nyfødt til sprettende setet, presste på magen hans, og forsvinte (lol. it's so wrong) bak hennes egene hender.

Swedish – Aleco

Medan resten av familjen stod stilla vid, och gjorde inget, besökte tante Debbie Smits dom, och visade sitt önska om att få äta Danials små tär, som var hennes nevö. Et maktlöst barn, mindre än en femtedel av hennes höjd.
"Vem är min lilla sockerkaka? Jag kunna ätit dig rätt upp," truade Smit då hun höll det sårbara barnet över hennes åpna munn och simulerade kannibalhändelsen med hans lilla, nätta ben.
"Jag har dig! Jag har dig! Ja, jag har dig! Jag jeg har dig!"
Smit returnerade då den här förvirrade och mållösa nyfödda, började sprätta. Då pressade hon på hans mage och försvann bak hennes egna händer.

Esperanto – Almar

Dum la resto de la familio staris kaj faris nenion, onklino Debinjo Smito vizitis la domon kaj deziris manĝi la malgrandajn piedfingrojn de Danielo, kiu estis ŝia nevo. Senpova infano, pli malgranda ol kvinono da ŝia alteco.
"Kiu estas mia malgranda sukerkuko? Mi povus manĝi vin tute", kredis Smito, kiam ŝi tenis la fragilan infanon super ŝia aperta buŝo kaj imitis la kanibalan okazaĵon kun lia malgrandaj kruroj.
"Mi havas vin! Mi havas vin! Jes, mi havas vin! Mi havas vin!"
Smito revenis kiam tiu konfuza kaj muta novnaskito ekiiĝis. Tiam ŝi ŝtancis lian stomakon kaj ŝiaj proprajn manojn malaperis.

German – Vortarulo

Während der Rest der Familie dastand und nichts tat, besuchte Tante Debbie Smit das Haus und wollte die kleinen Zehen von Daniel essen, der ihr Neffe war. Machtloses Kind, kleiner als ein Fünftel ihrer Größe.
"Wer ist denn mein kleiner Zuckerkuchen? Ich könnte dich auffressen", glaubte Smit, als sie das zerbrechliche Kind über ihren offenen Mund nahm und das kanibalische Ereignis mit seinen kleinen Füßen nachmachte.
"Ich hab dich! Ich hab dich! Ja, ich hab dich! Ich hab dich!"
Smit kam zurück, als dieses verwirrte und verstummte Neugeborene zu wachsen begann. Da stanzte sie ihren Magen aus und ihre eigenen Hände verschwanden.

Spanish – Dminor

Mientras el resto de la familia estaba y no hacía nada, tía Debbie Smit visitaba la casa y quería comer los pequeños dedos del pie de Daniel, que era su sobrino. Niño desamparado, más pequeño que un quinto de su estatura.
“¿Pues quién es mi pequeño pastel de azúcar? ¡Podría comerte!” creía Smit, cuando aproximó el niño vulnerable a su boca abierta y simuló el acto de canibalismo con sus pequeños pies.
“¡Te tengo! ¡Te tengo! Sí, ¡te tengo! ¡Te tengo!”
Smit regresó cuando este confundido y mudo recién nacido comenzaba a crecer. Entonces se cortò el estómago y le desaparecieron las propias manos.

Irish – DelBoy **Not part of the final chain**

Le linn an chuid eile den teaghlaigh a bheith ag fanacht gan rud ar bith a dhéanamh, thug aintín Debbie Smit cuairt ar an dteach agus theastaigh uaithi na ladracha beaga Daniel, a bhí ina nia di, a ithe. Buachaillín tréigthe a bhí ann, níos lú ná cúigeach dá mhéide.
"Bhuel cé hé mo chiste milis beag? B'fhéidir liom thú a ithe!" a chreid Smit, nuair a bhí an buachaill leochaileach ag dul i dtreo a béil oscailte agus d'insamhail sí gníomh na canablachta lena chosa beaga.
"Tá tú agam! Tá tú agam! Tá, tá tú agam! Tá tú agam!"
D'fhill Smit nuair a thosaigh an naíonán nuabheirthe, balbh, ar mearbhall seo ag fás. Ansin, ghearr sé a ghoile agus d'imigh a lámha fhéin as.

English – DelBoy

While the rest of the family stayed and didn't do anything, Auntie Debbie Smit visited the house and wanted to eat the little toes of Daniel, who was her nephew. He was a helpless child, smaller than a fifth of her size.
"Well, who's my little sugar cake? I could eat you!" thought Smit, when the vulnerable little boy approached her open mouth and she simulated the act of cannibalism on his little feet.
"I've got you! I've got you! Yes, I've got you! I've got you!"
Smit returned when this bewildered and silent newborn began to grow. Then he cut his stomach and his own hands disappeared.

French – dwergknijn

Tant que le restant de la famille restait et ne faisait rien, tante Debbie Smit visitait la maison et voulait manger les petits orteils de Daniel, qui était son neveu. Il était un enfant sans défense, plus petit qu’un cinquième de sa taille. “Eh bien, qui est ma petite pâtisserie à sucre? Je pourrais te manger.” Pensait Smit, quand le petit garçon tendre s'approchait de sa bouche ouverte et elle simulait l’acte de cannibalisme sur ses petits pieds.
“Je t’ai! Je t’ai! Oui, Je t’ai! Je t’ai!”
Smit revenait quand ce nouveau-né abasourdi et muet commençait à grandir. Puis il coupait son ventre et ses propres mains disparaissaient

English – culúrien

As long as the rest of the family stayed and didn't do anything, Aunt Debbie Smit visited home and wanted to eat her newphew Daniel's small toes. He was a defenseless infant, less than one-fifth of her height. "Oh, who's my little sugarpie? I could just eat you up." Smit thought when the little boy approached her open mouth and she simulated eating his little feet. "I have you! I have you! Yes, I have you! I have you!" Smit returned when the bewildered and mute newborn began to grow. Next he cut his belly and his own hands disappeared.

Team C:

French – binders

Pendant que les membres de la famille restaient là en silence et ne
faisaient rien, tante Debbie Smith en visite a déclaré son désir de
consumer "les mignons petits orteils" de son neveu Daniel, un enfant
impuissant moins d'un cinquième de sa taille. "qui est ma petit tarte au sucre? je pourrais juste t'engloutir," Smith menace pendant qu'elle
tenait l'enfant vulnérable au-dessus sa vaste bouche et qu'elle simulait l'acte imminent du cannibalisme sur ses minuscules, jambes ballantes. "je te tiens! je te tiens! oui, je te tiens! oui!" puis Smith a rendu le nouveau-né bouleversé et meut à la chaise vibrante, elle a piqué son abdomen et disparu derrière ses propres mains.

Latin – Jalethon

Dum familiares illic tacentes manent et vacant, matertera Debbie Smith visens dedicat ‘digitos bellulos pedis’ patruelis sui edere avere, infans impotens dimidio minor quam magnitudo sua. “Quis tortam meam ex saccharo est? Te simpliciter edere possum,” Smith minatur dum ea infantem forabilem super ore immane suo tenet et crure breve actionem adventantem cannibalismi simulat. “Te capio! Te capio! Vere, te capio! Vere!” deinde Smith neonatum anxium in sella oscillatoria ponet, ea abdomen eius vellicat et post manus suas disparet.

German – dunkelwald

Während die Familienmitglieder, indem sie schweigen, abwarten und von dort fernbleiben, widmet die besuchende Tante Debbie Smith sich dem Verlangen, die kleinen hübschen Zehen ihres Neffen zu essen, eines machtlosen, um die Hälfte ihrer Größe kleineren Babys. "Wer ist mein Kuchen aus Zucker? Ich kann dich einfach essen," droht Smith, während sie das verwundbare Kind über ihren gewaltigen Mund hält und mithilfe des kurzen Beins eine ankommende Aktion des Kannibalismus antäuscht. "Ich fange dich auf! Ich fange dich auf! Wahrlich, ich fange dich auf! Wahrlich!" Daraufhin setzt Smith das ängstliche Neugeborene auf den Schaukelstuhl, rupft dessen Bauch und trennt danach seine Hände ab.

Dutch – Pauline

Terwijl de familieleden, door het stil zijn, afwachten en daarvan wegblijven, wijdt zich de bezoekende tante Debbie Smith het verlangen, de kleine mooie tenen van haar neef te eten, een machteloos, om de helfte van haar groote kleinere babys. “Wie is mijn gebak uit suiker? Ik kan je makkelijk eten,” dreigt Smith, terwijl ze het kwetsbare kind over haar enorme mond houdt en met de hulp van de korte been een aankomende actie van cannibalisme begint. “Ik vang jou! Ik vang jou! Echt waar, ik vang jou! Echt waar!” Dan plaatst Smith de bange pasgeborene op de schommelstoel, pakt zijn buik en vervolgens scheidt zijn handen.

Spanish – Sisyphe

Mientras los miembros de la familia se descansaran – esperaban y pasaban el tiempo a casa – la tía visitando, tía Debbie Smith, empezó a comer los hermosos dedos de pies de su primo, de la mitad de su grandes pequeños bebés. “¿Quién es mi pastel con azúcar? Te puedo fácilmente comer”, amenazó Smith, mientras metiera el bebé vulnerable delante de su boca grande e con la ayuda de un pequeño oso, y empezó su primero acto de canibalismo. “¡Te pillé! ¡Te pillé! ¡Es verdad, te pillé! ¡Es verdad!” Entonces, Smith metió el bebé asustado en la mecedora, agarró su barriga y se separó los manos.

French – Car

Pendant que les membres de la famille se reposaient – ils attendaient et passaient le temps à la maison – la tante visiteuse, la tante Debbie Smith, a commencé à mangé les beaux doigts de pied de son cousin, de la moitié de ses grands petits bébés. « Qui est mon gâteau avec du sucre ? Je peux facilement te manger », a menacé Smith, pendant qu’elle mettait le bébé vulnérable devant sa grande bouche et avec l’aide d’un petit ours, et elle commençait son premier acte de cannibalisme. « Je te surprenais ! Je te surprenais ! C’est la vrai, je te surprenais ! C’est vrai ! » Alors, Smith mettait le bébé effrayé dans le fauteuil, prenait son ventre et se séparait les mains.

Limburgish – Elyse

toen den leje van den femilie oëtrustte –ze wachtten en broachten tièd in 't hoès door- begos- de tante die op bezeuk waar, tante Debbie Smith, met 't aete van de tiënen van haor naef, ze at zien kleine groeëte baby’s half op. ‘’woar is mien cake met sókker ? ik kan je mekkelike opèten’’ dreigde Smith, toen ze de kwetsbare babbie veur haor mónd hiëld en met ein) kruuëtje hölp van ein klitsekleine baer en ze begos met 't ièrste kannibalisme ‘’ik hes se verast! ik hes se verast ! 't is waor !’’ toen, zette ze den babbie in de zitterik, pakte zien maag en zette zien hand oèt elkaar.

Ukrainian – dorenda

Коли члени сім'ї відпочивали - вони чекали та проводили час у домі - тітка Деббі Сміт, яка прийшла в гості, почала їсти пальці на ногах свого племінника, вона з'їла половину його маленького великого маляти. "Де мій кекс з цукром? Я легко можу з'їсти тебе." погрозила Сміт, коли тримала уразливе маля перед ротом, і з трохи допомогою дрібного ведмедя вона почала перший канібалізм. "Я їх вразила! Я їх вразила! Це правда!" Потім вона посадила маля на стілець, взяла його шлунок та розібрала його руку.

English – Wildfire

When family members took rest they waited and spent their spare time at home. Aunt Debbie Smith who visited them started to eat her nephew's toes. She has eaten half of his small and great kid.
"Where's my sugar cake? I can easily eat you" - Smith menaced when she held the impressible child in front of her mouth, and with little help of small bear she began the first cannibalism.
"I have impressed them! I have impressed them! That's true!" Then she put the baby on the chair, took his stomach and took his hand to pieces.

Return to “Games”