Pronunciation for molke

Moderators:Dminor, Reinder

dEhiN
Pronunciation for molke

Postby dEhiN » 2016-11-15, 18:24

Hoi, myn namme is David.

I'm learning West Frisian through a Futurelearn online course - Introduction to Frisian by the University of Groningen.

Anyway all the words I learned I added to Anki, but now I forget the pronunciation of molke. I looked it up on Wiktionary but they don't have the IPA. Is it /o/ or /u/?

Graach!
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

kai

Re: Pronunciation for molke

Postby kai » 2016-12-02, 5:49

Hello David,
The pronunciation of molke = milk is as follows:

mol similar to dock
ke similar to the last syllable in trainer, but without the r

Interesting, that you can do this course extramurally. This university is probably the only one left, where one can study West Frisian. How long does the course last and what do you receive when finished? Some kind of certificate? What is the cost and does it involve you having to submit audio of your speech, or is it only done on paper?

Kai

dEhiN

Re: Pronunciation for molke

Postby dEhiN » 2016-12-02, 9:29

kai wrote:Hello David,
The pronunciation of molke = milk is as follows:

mol similar to dock
ke similar to the last syllable in trainer, but without the r

Tige tank Kai! Is the "l" pronounced?

kai wrote:Interesting, that you can do this course extramurally. This university is probably the only one left, where one can study West Frisian. How long does the course last and what do you receive when finished? Some kind of certificate? What is the cost and does it involve you having to submit audio of your speech, or is it only done on paper?

The course is only 3 weeks, so it's pretty intensive. I wasn't able to finish the 3rd week, but because it's online I still have access to it. (You can see my TAC, specifically this post for more information.)

It's free, and no I don't have to submit audio of my speech. So I guess it's pretty much only done online. There are plenty of audio examples; I added all the vocabulary I did learn to Anki, but because it's now been about 3 months since I did the course, some words I forget the pronunciation of. This was the case with molke.
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

Return to “Frisian (Frysk/Friisk/Fräisk)”