I don't speak English

This is the place where you can ask for translations into several languages at once. For translations into or from just one specific language, please post in the language's own forum or official topic.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

ekalin

Postby ekalin » 2003-01-03, 11:01

Mark, could you indicate someway (possibly with bold) what are the changes when you post something? It's almost impossible to peruse everything comparing the listings to see what has changed.

Postby Guest » 2003-01-03, 21:45

More recent ones are...

Mark wrote:Afrikaans: "Ek spreek geen Afrikaans."
Akha: "Nga˅ Aˬkaˬ dawˬ maˬ siˬ nya."
Albanian: "Sdi me fol shqip."
Amharic: "አማርኛ፡አልችልም።" = "ʿēmarīnya ʿēlīcīlīmī."
Arabic (Bahrna [Bahrain]): ".ما أتَكَلَم اللَهْجَه البَحْرينيَة" = "mạ ạ̉takalam ạllah̊jah ạlbaḥ̊rynyaẗ."
Arabic (Levantine [Palestine, Jordan, Syria]): ".أنَا مَا بَحْكِي فَلَسَطْينِي" = "ạ̉nā mā baḥ̊kī falasaṭ̊ynī."

Arabic: ".ﻲﺑﺭﻋ ﻢﻠﻜﺘﺃ ﻻ" = "la ạ̉takalam ʿáraby."
Armenian: "Ես չեմ խոսում հայերեն։" = "Es č‘em xosum hayeren."
Aymara: "Nayax Aymara janiw parlt'akti."
Azeri: "Мән азәри даниша билмирәм." = "Mən azəri danisha bilmirəm."
Bahasa Indonesia: "Saya tidak bisa berbicara Bahasa Indonesia."
Bahasa Melayu: "Saya tidak boleh bercakap Bahasa Melayu."
Basque: "Ez dut euskaraz mintzatzen."
Belorusian: "Я не размаўляю па-беларуску." = "Ja ne razmaŭljaju pa-belarusku."
Bemba: "Ine nshilanda Chibemba."
Bengali: "অমি বন্গ্ল জনি ন।" = "ami ban'gla jani na."
Bosnian: "Ne govorim bosanski."
Bulgarian: "Аз не говоря български." = "Az ne govorja bʺlgarski."
Cantonese Chinese: "我唔識講粵語。" = "ngő m sìk góng yut yű."
Catalan: "No parlo català."
Cherokee: "ᏣᎳᎩ ᏝᏥᏬᏂᎠ." = "calagi tlaciwonia."
Chicewa: "Ine sindi kamba Chicewa."
Cree: "ᓇᒨᔭ ᓂᓀᐦᐃᔭᐌᓐ᙮" = "namôya ninêhiyawên."
Croatian: "Ne govorim hrvatski."
Czech: "Nemluvím česky."
Danish: "Jeg kann ikke snakke dansk."
Divehi: ".މަޗަ ކައް ދިވެހިން ވާހަކަ ދަކާކައް ނޭގޭ" = "mača ka‘ divehin vāhaka dakāka‘ nēgē."
Dutch: "Ik spreek geen Nederlands."
English: "I don't speak English." = "

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-01-13, 0:38

spam
Last edited by Mark on 2003-02-14, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-01-17, 22:28

i wuz going to say i im stewpud, bot yew all alredie no that. i gess.
Last edited by Mark on 2003-02-14, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-01-18, 5:55

"저는 한국말을 못해요." = "jeoneun hangukmaleul mothaeyo." is the correct word spacing.

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-02-10, 0:49

i like to spam because i am mark and i am evil as you all know :D
Last edited by Mark on 2003-02-14, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-02-10, 21:47

Last edited by Mark on 2003-02-14, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2003-02-10, 22:39

the Hebrew part on the Yidish is wrong ,what you wrote in the Germanic
part should be qrited like this in Hebrew:

Ich fershtey nisch keyn yiddisch : ייש פרשטי ניש קאין יידיש

what you wrote here:קה פֶרשטֶי נִש כֶין יִדִש is :ka parshtay nish kayn idish.
Every thing I write, wrote, or will write, its in my own opinion, for I have no other.
Release me from the duty of being polite and remind you, "I made use of my own brain".

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2003-02-12, 10:17

This is such a nice project! I have converted it to a nice HTML page which can be accessed thru the Free Language Resources or http://anaproy.homeip.net/lmc/dontspeak.php
Language is the dress of thought -- Samuel Johnson
my homepage

Saaropean

Postby Saaropean » 2003-02-12, 12:48

Great idea! :D :D :D

We should do that with other major translations as well, so we can compete with sites like Jennifer's language page. :wink:
Not in terms of quantity, but I'm sure our stuff is of higher quality (better researched, Unicode-based)... :P

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2003-02-12, 13:21

With all these postings, someone(Mark) altered the Portuguese version (and it's wrong on that page too)

It's not:

Portuguese: "Não falo portugês" /na~u falu purtuZeS/

but

Portuguese: "Não falo português" /na~u falu purtugeS/
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

schalke81

Postby schalke81 » 2003-02-14, 13:55

Afrikaans: "Ek spreek geen Afrikaans."

Ek is jammer maar dis nie doodreg nie.

Afrikaans defiantely use 'praat' for the verb 'to speak'. however, i am not exactly sure about 'geen' or 'nie...nie'. i would have translated it as follows:...

"ek praat nie afrikaans nie"

the original seems to be too close to dutch. however, i will confirm with a frined who is a native afrikaaner.

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-02-14, 22:58

Luis wrote:With all these postings, someone(Mark) altered the Portuguese version (and it's wrong on that page too)

It's not:

Portuguese: "Não falo portugês" /na~u falu purtuZeS/

but

Portuguese: "Não falo português" /na~u falu purtugeS/

oh, i edited it? :roll:

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-02-14, 23:21

Proycon, I am surprised you would resort to plagarism, and especially using such an elaborate plan! Why can't I do this without you trying to mess it up? Please, don't copy off my webpage and paste to your own without permission in the future. I'd appreciate it if you deleted it today.

Also, I didn't post those messages about spam and me being evil, stupid, etc.

ekalin

Postby ekalin » 2003-02-14, 23:29

Here comes the trouble boy again...

Mark wrote:Proycon, I am surprised you would resort to plagarism, and especially using such an elaborate plan! Why can't I do this without you trying to mess it up? Please, don't copy off my webpage and paste to your own without permission in the future. I'd appreciate it if you deleted it today.

I believe he copied from the text of this thread, which is not yours. You may have added most of the entries that, and you should be given credit to it --- but you can't say it was copied from your webpage or accuse him of plagiarism.

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-02-15, 3:10

ekalin wrote:Here comes the trouble boy again...

Again, I would appreciate it if somebody made an annotated list of all the hundreds of millions of times I've done horrible things at Unilang. (which I obviously have! :roll:)

I believe he copied from the text of this thread, which is not yours. You may have added most of the entries that, and you should be given credit to it --- but you can't say it was copied from your webpage or accuse him of plagiarism.

He did? I don't see all of that text in this thread, just a portion of it. He must've copied it from my webpage, an earlier version at that (mine has more languages), because I stopped submitting the new languages here long ago because of a personal issue. So I should say: the whole thing was copied directly from my webpage.

And thankyou, Proycon, for removing the plagarised content, I appreciate it.

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2003-02-15, 10:50

Oh poor Mark :( Why do you always have to make such a big issue out of things?

First of all, I didn`t even know you had this on your webpage too and I copied it exactly from this thread, because instead of it being just a message on the forum, which will fade away in time, I think this is nice enough to have permanently in our free language resources section...

If someone is going to be accused of plagiarism it should be you, cause you copied from this thread to your website.... (which, fortunately for you, we don`t mind)

Like Saar said, it`s a nice idea and we are going to do it with more discussions..

Where did you get the arrogance to claim it as "yours"? This is a public discussion on the UniLang site, which I merely copied to another section of the UniLang site so more people can enjoy it..

Sometimes it seems your life-goal is to annoy as many people as possible :/ Well, this time you managed even to annoy me.... congratulations...
my homepage

Mark

Postby Mark » 2003-02-15, 20:54

proycon wrote:First of all, I didn`t even know you had this on your webpage too and I copied it exactly from this thread, because instead of it being just a message on the forum, which will fade away in time, I think this is nice enough to have permanently in our free language resources section...

You are lying, you couldn't've copied all of it from this thread, because much of what you have is content that is only availible on *my* website.

If someone is going to be accused of plagiarism it should be you, cause you copied from this thread to your website...

That isn't plagarism, posts on this forum are public domain unless otherwise stated at the time of posting. It wouldn't be plagarism had you just copied it from this thread, but evidently you didn't, because for example this thread doesn't have Tamil or Telugu.

Where did you get the arrogance to claim it as "yours"? This is a public discussion on the UniLang site, which I merely copied to another section of the UniLang site so more people can enjoy it..

Are you going to continue to deny that you copied it from my website? You may have copied some of it from here, I did contribute quite a bit that I contributed as public domain, but after that, I posted only to my own website.

Sometimes it seems your life-goal is to annoy as many people as possible

lol. No, there's a better reason for all of this, believe me.

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2003-02-15, 21:46

Yes, Afaik I didn`t copy it from your website (I don`t even know where you have it). I copied it from here but if you want to think otherwise then please do, I don`t care, as long as you don`t bother us with it....

Although I have no explanation why tamil and telugu are not here anymore.. I will look into the logs...
my homepage

unilang
Server Administrator

Postby unilang » 2003-02-15, 22:38

Ok Mark, this was the last of your jokes :(

I`ve taken a deeper look into the issue because I had my suspicions on what had happened here (why Telugu and Tamil have dissappeared, along with some others). I was hoping not to be right but I was :/

You are completely right, there is no Tamil or Telugu in on the forum. However, it WAS there a couple of days ago! Because I had my suspicions I went through the trouble of restoring an old backup of two days ago. And to my surprise (well,..it wasn`t such a surprise after all), there were the entries, complete with Telugu and Tamil! Well, everyone can figure what happened here....

I have no idea why you keep on pulling these pranks...but we can`t let you go on forever.... I also have to remind you that I have also been the one standing between you and a permanent ban... But this time I am afraid we have to consider it..

I will discuss this issue with the UniLang Managment and we will make a decision on what to do.. I`m very sad to see you continuing with this behaviour, because you have good things to contribute, such as this thread to which you contributed a lot, and the korean sonidos el mundo you made possible...

But you must understand that we can not let you continue with this. I will let you know what we have decided....

I have disabled your account to prevent any further deletions/changes... At this time, you are still free to reregister or post as a guest....

I will email you this notice as well, we will treat it seriously

Return to “Translations”