Please post your message bilingually!

This is our main forum. Here, anything related to languages and linguistics can be discussed.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

unilang
Server Administrator
Please post your message bilingually!

Postby unilang » 2002-11-20, 8:43

In order to increase the linguistical diversity in this forum it would be a good idea to post messages in two language versions (or maybe even more if you have enough time on your hands). Which languages is totally up to you.

--

Por pligrandigi la lingvistikan diversecon sur ĉi tiu diskutejo, estus bona ideo poŝti mesaĝojn dulingve (aŭ eble eĉ trilingve aŭ pli se vi havas sufiĉan tempon). Kiuj lingvoj tute estas via decido!

Lynch

!

Postby Lynch » 2002-11-20, 15:57

I agree doing this in short messages, but in long ones I willl not.
===
Me parece bien hacerlo en mensages cortos, pero en los largos no lo voy a hacer.
===
Ani maskim laasot et ze im odaot ktsarot, aval baarukot ani lo aase et ze.
אתה מתחיל הכי מהר שלך, ולאט-לאט אתה מגביר

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2002-11-20, 17:17

I agree with Lynch, only for short messages. Because it's become otherwise a real mess!

--

Ik ben het met Lynch eens, alleen voor korte berichten. Omdat het anders een grote rotzooi wordt!

Greets
Ron de leeuw
The Netherlands
Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

Saaropean

Just did it!

Postby Saaropean » 2002-11-20, 20:04

I did it! I've just written two multilingual posts, one in English and Dutch, one in English and partly in Spanish, German and French. :)

Я hebb hecho es! Ich viens de skribi due πολυγλώττα messagens, un på English et Nederlands, einen en English and parcialmente in Español, Deutsch och Français. :)

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2002-11-21, 7:40

谢谢 für ihre uitleg, Ek ben er baie happy with.

亲切的问候, 荣德立乌, 荷兰

Islander

Postby Islander » 2002-12-03, 23:03

Eitt sera áhugavert hugskot, men eg eri bangin fyri at tað verður ringt at fylga við, tá ið ein til dømis velur at skriva á føroyskum og donskum.

-----------------------------------------

En meget interessant idé, men jeg er bange for at det bliver besværligt at følge med, da man for eksempel vælger at skrive på færøsk og dansk.
Gløgt er gestsins eyga...

Saaropean

Postby Saaropean » 2002-12-04, 11:09

Islander wrote:A really interesting idea, but I fear it might become difficult to follow/understand, as one can write, for example, in Faeroese and Danish.

:lol: Naturlig må du dine tekster altid på engelsk oversætte, sådan al UniLang-medlemer kan forstå dig... :wink:

:lol: Of course you always have to translate your texts into English, so that all UniLang members can understand you... :wink:

levi

Postby levi » 2002-12-07, 6:53

I will try, but I can't promise that my messages won't fall under the criticisms of Saaropean or Car.

Ich versuche, aber ich kann nicht versprechen, daß meine Anzeigen nicht von Saaropean oder Car kritisiert werden.

Emandir

Postby Emandir » 2002-12-10, 8:51

Est-ce que vous imaginez le travail que ce serait de traduire ce que nous écrivons en plusieurs langues ? Personnellement, je ne suis pas certain d'avoir le temps de le faire ! Ou alors, il faudrait que j'arrête de dormir :wink:

Can you imagine the amount of work it would be to translate what we say in several languages? Personally, I'm not sure to have enough time for it! Unless I stop sleeping :wink:

Jean-Luc
Language is the best way men have found to misunderstand each other. Lycodoxos

@Emandir

Saaropean

Postby Saaropean » 2002-12-10, 11:27

levi wrote:I will try, but I can't promise that my messages won't fall under the criticisms of Saaropean or Car.

Criticism? :shock: It's normal to make mistakes in a foreign language. We could help you to improve your language skills if you want. But you shouldn't regard that as a kind of criticism. Any attempt to use a foreign language is appreciated here. :wink:

Kritisiert? :shock: Es ist doch normal, dass man in einer Fremdsprache Fehler macht. Wir könnten dir helfen, deine Sprachenkenntnisse zu verbessern, wenn du das willst. Aber das solltest du nicht als eine Art Kritik ansehen. Jeder Versuch eine Fremdsprache zu benutzen wird hier gerne gesehen. :wink:

Lynch

!

Postby Lynch » 2002-12-14, 3:04

Moderators, can we get rid of this posting already? It makes my eyes hurt.

Mässigers, können wir schon dieser Post los werden? Es macht meinen Augen weh.

And does anybody know what ASCII number should I use for puting in the german eszed? (alt + ?)

Und weiss jemand welcher ASCII Nummer soll ich benutzen um die deutsche Eszed zu schrieben? (alt + ?)

Saaropean

Re: !

Postby Saaropean » 2002-12-14, 9:38

Welcher Beitrag tut deinen Augen weh und warum? :?: Oder bezieht sich das auf einen Beitrag, den die Moderatoren schon gelöscht haben?
Which posting hurts your eyes and why? :?: Or does that refer to a posting the moderators have already deleted?

Die ASCII-Nummer für das scharfe S (ß) ist übrigens 225.
By the way: the ASCII number for the "sharp S" (ß) is 225.

Lynch

!

Postby Lynch » 2002-12-15, 0:49

LoL
This one of course!
"Hurts my eyes" is an expression that means something like "Ich habe meine Nase voll" (I had it) but about visual things.

Qbaa2 (?)

Postby Qbaa2 (?) » 2002-12-31, 22:56

Posting notes billingually it's a good idea, it'll increase linguistical diversity of this forum, but
1. it'll take much time, so:
a) nobody will want to do that
b) traductions won't be presize
2. to make this forum more divers we could try to write in two other good known languages, instead of English (for ex. in French and Spanish, I think that each member knows one of those languages)
what do you think about it?

Umieszcaie dwujezycznych postów to dobry pomysł, to powiększy językowa roznorodnosc naszego forum, ale
1. to bedzie zabieralo duzoo czasu wiec:
a) tlumaczenia nnie beda dokladne

sorry nie chce mi sie dluzej pisac:)

isidora

bilingual posts

Postby isidora » 2003-01-04, 21:16

συμφωνω με την ιδεα,αλλα ειναι λιγο δυσκολο να διαβασει κανεις ελληνικα.Παρεμπιπτοντως,ενδιαφερεται καποιοσ να μαθει ελληνικα?

Ι αgree with the idea,but it is kind ofdifficult to read Greek.By the way,is anyone interested in learning Greek?

isidora

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2003-01-05, 2:16

Hi Isidora,

You don't know how welcome you are! There was before you came nobody from Greece, no one who's native Greek. So you're welcome here. There are some people who can speak Greek in this Forum. I can't, but Greek is a very interessting language! And the alphabet is beautiful!

I listen very often to music from Notis Notis Sfakianakis, he's also Greek, you probarly know him. I don't understand anything of the music. But the melody is beautiful. Maybe you can translate a songtext for me once.

I'm intrested in learning Greek, it's a nice language to hear, but be aware I'm a bad language student....

With kind regards,
Ron de Leeuw
The Netherlands

isidora

hi Ron!

Postby isidora » 2003-01-05, 12:29

Hi ron!
greek is not the easiest language to learn but it might be quite interesting.It does not look like any other language in Europe. songs are a very good means of learning.Sfakianakis is well known,he made quite a boom a few years ago,but lately he has lost much of his following,apparently he insults and he is being ironic to the people that go to a club to hear him live.(something like Eminem,in a "lighter"version.).I can assure you that there are better melodies and songwriters,who write beautiful songs,in Greece.

isidora

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2003-01-05, 17:26

Yeah, I didn't expect Greek was easy, but I like the sound of Greek and the writing is beautiful. So I'm realy intrested, besides that a lot of Dutch words has also connections with Greek or are still Greek but written in the Latin alphabet.

I know just one Greek singer, Notis Sfakianakis, some songs of him aren't that good and some are realy cool, just like Telos dixos Telos. But if you know some more good singers, please let me know and drop me a line.

With kind regards,
Ron de Leeuw
The Netherlands

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-01-05, 23:20

I remember the first song I've ever downloaded in Greek—Michalis Chatzigiannis's "Μόνο στα Όνειρα" ("Mono sta Oneira"). It's a beautiful song, IMO.
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2003-01-06, 1:49

Thanks for the tip Psi-Lord :D

Return to “General Language Forum”